Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Delightfully Decadent December Hauls 2023

T’was the week before Christmas and all through the malls, BIC’ers were shopping and collecting their hauls…

IMG_6047.gif

Happy December to everyone! There will surely be plenty of delightfully decadent December hauls as we all get ready for the holidays. Whether they’re gifts from loved ones or something for yourself, show of your holiday hauls for everyone to see!

Happy birthday to all the December babies! (If you’re like some of my relatives, I’m sorry you only ever got one present at this time of year… You are still very special!)

And Merry Christmas, Hanukkah Sameach, Habari Gani, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

IMG_6046.gif

Re: Delightfully Decadent December Hauls 2023

@Buootiful @Lovely haul. 

Thank you❤️ @SportyGirly125 

Gorgeous pinks @Buootiful !

Aren't they lovely @Ispend2much6 💖

Winding down 2023 by catching up on some hauls from earlier this month.

Sephora onlneSephora onlne

Spoiler
I was helped into a couple of these purchases. 😆 My curiosity is always piqued by lip balms / masks and I've hemmed and hawwed whether it was time to give Fenty Skin Plush Puddin'z Intensive Recovery Lip Mask Duo a try. Recently saw this on a post from @danielledanielle and now is the time to give it a go. 😉 

Clarins has been hitting my radar more this year. Their lip oils are ones I really enjoy and I've picked up a few things here and there this year. Recently, I tried and have gotten hooked on their cryo mask. At the time, I debated that mask and their V-Facial depuffing mask. So when I spied the Clarins Anti-Aging Skincare Essentiels Set, which included a mini version of that mask and the serum in @AlexBT 's November Favorites, it was easy to talk myself into picking it up - I love sets like this, where you can try different products from a brand's offerings. 💗

I've been on a vanilla kick as far as fragrances go and didn't have the willpower to not hold off on picking up Boy Smells Vanilla Era Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum Spray. I'm working my way through fragrances so I'll get to this at some point. 

Sephora online, in store; Moon Juice directSephora online, in store; Moon Juice direct

Spoiler
All the Sephora products are repurchases, some repeatedly. The gift card came with The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL so the recipient got an extra. The Moon Juice set I picked up because I wanted to sample a couple of the powder supplements to decide if a full size might be worthwhile.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine - I don't travel without these. 
SEPHORA COLLECTION Microsmooth Multi-Tasking Baked Face Powder Foundation 15 Nude has been a favorite of mine for years. I keep seeing it on sale and it is making me nervous tht it will be discontinued. That happened once, years ago, but they brought it back. Hoping it just sticks around. 🤞🤞
SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Lipstick 3 Oui ! - a stocking stuffer that was well received. Should have probably picked up a backup for myself.
SEPHORA COLLECTION Shower Oil Argan 6.76 oz / 200 mL is my favorite of the 3 varietals from the collection. It's not quite a dupe for L'Occitane shower oil, but it is good, more wallet-friendly alternative for cleansing and hydration, especially for drier skin types and in the winter.

Sephora, Target, Fenty, Amazon and a random Asian Beauty jewelry storeSephora, Target, Fenty, Amazon and a random Asian Beauty jewelry store

Spoiler
These diane cotton pads were in one of @heartsmyface's empties post; she mentioned them being a nice alternative to the gloriously soft and luxe Shiseido cotton pads. 

Tata Harper 5 Minute Facial for Sensitive Skin was something I both gravitated towards and resisted at the same time. Glad I picked up this duo; may need to add it to the list of permitted purchases during my low / no buy at the beginning of next year.

I like the formulation of the Fenty gloss bombs and the shade description for Candy Soda sounded fantastic - "shimmering holographic rose pink". I'm not sure a sale could have been more easily done. 

The Bloom superfoods set was a gift. I like the inclusion of that blender/whisker and if Target still has some in stock the next time I'm in the store, I may pick one up for myself, to keep at my work desk. Likewise, I may pick up another bottle of that light but yummy smelling peach fragrance the next time I'm in that shopping plaza. 

Haul - Rhode 1.jpeg

Rhode direct (purchased and gratis)Rhode direct (purchased and gratis)

Spoiler
I'm a fan of the Rhode products. I repeatedly repurchase all but one of her skincare products and the only reason the one doesn't get repurchased is because I have other moisturizers I like more. Picked up her then newly released jelly bean lip tint. There was a set offered that included her glazing fluid (a favorite serum of mine) and her new lip tint. I ordered the set and received another set later, as a surprise gratis (thank you, Rhode!) 😍

Hope everyone's holiday celebrations were filled with good cheer and even better memories made. Happy New Year! 

@itsfi I always love your pictures! They're so aesthetic! How do you like the Rhode collection? I've always been interested in the Sephora powder but I've never picked it up. I've seen a lot of their stuff on sale so maybe they're repackaging everything? It feels like they do that every couple of years.

@makeitup305, that is so very sweet of you to say; thank you for your kindness! I feel like I've had that Sephora powder in my rotation longer than I've been on these boards. I've lost count of how many times it has been repurchased. lol  Yeah, I feel like there's repackaging, reformulating possibly. Just hoping it will return and that changes, if any, don't negatively impact the performance or results.

Fantastic hauls, great photos @itsfi 😍

@lmaster, thank you; hopefully this (and some other end of last year's hauls that will be slowly trickling in) will keep me distracted during the low buy / no buy months at the start of this year. 😂

I get it! Sometimes I'm in such a good head space and convince myself I don't need anything and then Sol de Janeiro Mini Delícia Drench™ Body Butter for Intense Moisture and Skin Barrier Repair 2.5 oz ... pops up @itsfi so I'll have to get the spray too

How do you like the Fenty Skin Plush Puddin'z Intensive Recovery Lip Mask Duo so far?  Also, congrats on the Rhode Gratis--that's amazing!

@CookieGirl1, thank you. 🙂 happy New Year!

So far, so good with the Fenty. I posted my initial impressions of the lip masks a few posts below - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Delightfully-Decadent-December-Hauls-2023/m-p/6780804/hi...

It’s a product I like; not sure whether it’s one I love. 

Awesome hauls @itsfi ! Congrats on the Rhode gratis!

@faeriegirl, thank you, 🙂 it was a lovely surprise. Happy New Year! 

Happy New Year @itsfi!❤️

@itsfi  Omg this haul is beautiful! Your pictures are gorgeous!!! And omg Rhode sent you a gratis!! That’s so cool!!! I’m interested in hearing your thoughts on the Fenty Skin Plush Puddin'z Intensive Recovery Lip Mask Duo  I have the original so I’m super interested in hearing your notes on it! Fingers crossed that SC doesn’t discontinue the baked foundation! 

@ather, thank you! 😊 i just realized that there are a lot of lip products in these hauls. I shouldn’t be too surprised by that; I guess. It’s one of the beauty categories that’s harder for me to resist than others. We’ll see how it goes when my low buy starts next month. 

The Fenty is good. I’m just starting to get into it. I like it enough that come January, I’ll bring it to work with me and leave it there. I’m always wanting to keep a good hydrating balm there - centralized heating is wonderful this time of year, especially because I get cold so easily, but it is one factor in my skin, including my lips, being more dry, 

@itsfi, ahhh...yes the Fenty.  It's been a good replacement for the (RIP) Bite agave lip mask.  I don't love the dispenser on it, but I am still on my first one despite my overzealous twisting.

I. See. A. Vanilla. Fragrance. But. Will. Pretend. I. Didn't. (At least for now).

Ohhh, no bueno on the dispenser for you as well @danielledanielle? Interesting. @ather @mentioned not being a fan of it either. Hmmm, so far it is working for me. Keeping my fingers crossed that remains the case. 

I may not get around to testing the Boy Smells you oh don’t see 😆 until after New Year but will let you know my thoughts.

@itsfi @danielledanielle  I am glad I am not the only one who wasn’t impressed with the dispenser. I thought it may have been a user issue. I wonder if it is the initial dispenser that has issues? Maybe the one itsfi has has been updated? 

@ather, I am not sure.  It's the holiday set, so it looks similar, but one can hope.

78 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos339
  • IMG_6047.gif
  • IMG_6046.gif
  • 20231201_172820.jpg
  • thumbnail.jpg
  • Skin Helpers
  • IMG_0003.jpeg
  • IMG_0006.jpeg
  • IMG_7060.jpeg
  • GWP. The mirror’s bigger than expected but I like it anyway.
  • Because I really needed MORE lipstick, yep, uh-huh… sigh…
  • BECAUSE I REALLY NEEDED MORE LIPSTICK…
  • GWP. Also shown: the sample card of Colorfix shades that came with my Danessa Myricks order. Those will be handy for travel.
  • Linda Hallberg makes good liners.
  • Okay so, *technically* this isn’t lipstick per say. :D
  • Risha’s tip broke mid-swatch, hence the mess.
testing