Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Beautylish Lucky Bag 2024

It’s that time again for Beautylish’s Lucky Bags. Which ones are you hoping to snag this year regular $75, XL $150 or are you going to pass on it? Please post pictures of the ones you get. They usually go on sale the day after Christmas and ship in January so sign up to be notified of when they drop on the site and be quick because they will sell out fast.

Please post your trades here Beautylish Lucky Bag 2024 Trade 

IMG_8111.jpeg

Re: Beautylish Lucky Bag 2024

@haleyvvvv  I hope it's worth the wait for you!

Shockingly I own nothing in my regular lucky bag

Screenshot_20240117-153528.png

Value is $230

Screenshot_20240117-153534.png

Oooh that’s a pretty WG palette @lmaster @good that you don’t already own it. 

@AznAngelLiz I'm so happy I didn't have anything, how did that happen?? Lol

@lmaster @Do you think you would get the lucky bag again? 

@SportyGirly125 I think I will just stick with the regular lucky bag, depends on my spending throughout the year 🤣

@lmaster I was browsing everyone’s bag. Seems like they were pretty decent this year. 

Shockingly lol @SportyGirly125 

I see what you mean about the WG and Auric.  The Auric looks more gold; do they look very similar swatched?  @lmaster I'm kind of shocked Augustinus Bader is in the bags.  Nice that it's a hair oil!

@Ispend2much6 I think next to the WG it actually looks more pink, I will swatch, haven't yet. I'm excited to try the oil!!

IMG_1626.jpeg

 Denessa Myricks Groundwork’s, I already have this palette. Open to suggestions for trading

IMG_1627.jpeg

 I really like the scent of the Susanne Kaufman body butter, good molecules hyaluronic acid serum, u beauty the plasma lip compound, R+Co Dallas biotin thickening treatment, Sonia g blending brush, Wayne Goss lip pencil in vintage pink, slip skinny scrunchie .

I have very thick wavy hair so I am going to trade the thickening treatment.

IMG_1624.jpeg

 Wayne Goss blush palette in wildflower and Viseart petits four in violetta. I had a hard time opening the blush palette so that is another item that I will put on the trade thread.

I received the Danessa Myricks Lightwork Volume V palette and while it is beautiful, colorful shimmers aren’t my jam. I would love to trade it for the DM groundwork and the goss blush palette or Sonia g brush, but I’m also open. 
I also received this $165 R&Co overnight hair mask if you want to swap your R&co item (seems like we have opposite hair types). 

IMG_2670.jpeg

feel free to email me at meredithmatty@gmail.com or reply here.

I think I might have received a somewhat extra lucky XL bag based on value. As for product and variety, I would say par for the course. If I didn’t already have the Danessa Myricks Lightwork V palette, this would be a great box in my book! 😊

1. Danessa Myricks Lightwork V palette, $125
  2. R+Co Bleu Sleep Masque Night Repair Serum, $165 (what?!?! I hope this is really good)
  3. Viseart Fleurette Face Palette in Amour, $40
  4. Sonia G Fundamental Worker M, $36
  5. Holifrog Solar Daily Mineral Sunscreen, $36
  6. Charlotte Tilbury Eye Enhancing Beauty Secrets Kit, $35
  7. RMS Beauty Liplights Cream Lipgloss in Rhapsody, $28
  8. Verb Ghost Oil, $20
  9. Good Molecules Hydrating Facial Cleansing Gel, $12
  10. Slip mini scrunchie, ~$5 (estimated)

XL box price + shipping/taxes: $187.43

XL box value: $502

image.jpg

Please also consider sharing your experience in

Haul Advice & Recommendations if you're completely satisfied with your recent haul - thanks!

My XL bag was supposed to arrive yesterday but due to weather, it got delayed till today. 

I’m not “unhappy” with it, per se, but I already have the Danessa Myricks palette and that was the big ticket item. It’s not their fault that I buy too much makeup 😂. I think the value of the items I’m keeping is around $130 so it feels yucky that I paid $185 for it. 

But of course I’m going to do this all again next year because I’m a glutton for punishment. 

IMG_7898.jpeg

@AznAngelLiz😕, was that the only duplicate?

My bag wasn’t supposed to arrive until Thursday but it showed up today even though it’s snowing here. I bought the regular bag for $90 and I actually got really lucky.  I’ve seen a lot of variations of bags this year and I can’t say there’s a lot of overlap between bags except for the good molecules eye cream and Wayne goss lipsticks.  That’s exciting to me. 

Without further adieu:

Units Orange Series Face Set $91

Natasha Denona Yucca Palette $69

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte's Magic Cream Light $100

Surratt Souffle Eyeshadow $48

Wathe Goss The Luxury Cream Lipstick $28

Good Molecules Yerba Mate Wake Up Eye Gel $6

Total value $342

Total paid $90

IMG_2349.jpeg

It’s all good stuff I could use, and I’m happy with it. That being said, I don’t understand why the CT cream is spf 20?  That’s just enough spf to think you’re protected but not really be protected.  Might as well have skipped the spf in my opinion.  The Yucca palette is cool because I don’t have.  If you twisted my arm I could use it.  I will survive.  But also the color story doesn’t appeal to me and I’m not sure I have space in my life for things that I’m not 100% excited about.  The surratt eyeshadow is kind of cool.  Definitely not something I would normally buy but I love a challenge so getting a brand I never buy in a formula I never buy in a color that wouldn’t be my first choice is kind of fun for me. The brushes I don’t think I will use just because I’m not doing that much stuff with my face anymore.  If I was contouring and bronzing and highlighting this would be great but I think more natural looking complexions are more on trend now than all the contouring and bronzing we were doing back in 2015. The Wayne goss lipstick is just not something I will use.  I don’t use lipstick as is. And I definitely don’t use brown lipsticks.  I could swatch it once but I probably won’t use it after that so there’s not a ton of reason to open it. 

Anyway, tl;dr, I got an extra lucky bag. The value is definitely there.  It’s stuff I can use but I’m not sure it’s all stuff I love. 

it is a nice bag. I will say I have some of those units brushes and they’re very nice. I usually take them for travel but if you’re interested in swapping them, let me know. I’m putting up a roast in the trade

@diannkaye  I was buying the Beautylish Lunar New Year brush that just went live, and I needed a few more dollars so I could hit $40 in Beautylish bucks. I could use a new concealer brush, so I got one from the Units collection. Interestingly, even with this cheapie brush, I qualified for a full tub of Units setting powder, which has pretty good reviews. So if anyone's interested in Units brushes (mine was $6), there's a great GWP going on!

@itscarinGreat bag! Congrats!

@itscarin that's a great bag!! 

163 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos30
  • 1000000679.png
  • IMG_8111.jpeg
  • IMG_1248.jpeg
  • IMG_6776.jpeg
  • IMG_4168.jpeg