Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

August is near and back to school is in gear 🙌 Happy birthday August babes 🎉🥳 please share your hauls here

200.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

back-to-school-mom-dance.gif

Re: Absolutely Adored August 2022 Hauls

@faeriegirl @Great hauls. Glad you found the TJs sunscreen and body scrub. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125! I was so excited that they had them in stock!

Nordstrom and Ulta orders. Did someone ask if I bought anything during National Lipstick Day/Week sales? 🤣 

Everything I bought (almost completely with points/Notes; my total OOP spend was around $10 USD to cover sales tax).Everything I bought (almost completely with points/Notes; my total OOP spend was around $10 USD to cover sales tax).All the GWP I received. Some of these items will be re-homed or donated.All the GWP I received. Some of these items will be re-homed or donated.
Swatches & a few notes: 
Spoiler
I picked up, oh, a few lipsticks... :DI picked up, oh, a few lipsticks... 😄Yeah, not sure about that NYX gloss (eh, it was free). Guava doesn't look nearly as pink as I expected... hmm. (It was also free.)Yeah, not sure about that NYX gloss (eh, it was free). Guava doesn't look nearly as pink as I expected... hmm. (It was also free.)hauls-2022-aug-6-lipSwatches.jpeg

And a little Ulta packaging humor: 
Spoiler
One of my two Ulta orders arrived in a small padded envelope. The other one arrived in this big ol' box. When I saw it in the package room, I wondered what additional—and large—mystery GWP Ulta decided to send me. 🤣 I guess the warehouse ran out of smaller boxes the day they packed my order. My suitcase (the one I usually travel with that fits in overhead bins) would easily fit inside this box with room to spare. 

hauls-2022-aug-6-UltaRanOutOfSmallBoxes.jpeg

This is the kind of thing Nordstrom and Target used to do frequently. (Eh, Target still has their moments.) At least Ulta padded most things well: the Nest candles were individually bubblewrapped, as were a couple other items. Not the Pacifica nail trio though: it arrived in a Pacifica box, which helped protect the bottles somewhat. Thank goodness most of the GWP stuff was bundled in a couple of plastic bags. 

Great hauls @WinglessOne! Too funny but true about Ulta’s packaging.

Thank you @Loretta55 !

@WinglessOne great hauly mauly!  And the boxxxx... Hilarious, and confusing.

ETA: aww great on the donations!  Coffee and cigs is my fave on you.

Thank you @danielledanielle ! 

@WinglessOne Great haul. That Gucci looks like such a fun color for summer and looks great on you 🙂

Thank you @AznAngelLiz ! 

@WinglessOne ,

Thanks for the swatches and the lipstick looks!   And the box!

@tsavorite  One of my favorite things about the box is the bubble wrap at the bottom: just enough to cover half the bottom of the box, and of course it had shifted around in transit. 😄 

Oh yes Target (eta and Ulta) has had their packaging moments @WinglessOne 🙄 I recognized that oversized package!

@eshoe  I got yards of air pocket padding as additional GWP! 🤣 Thanks Ulta! 

That works @WinglessOne, that works!

Wow! Your hauls are amazing @WinglessOne ! You got really beautiful lipsticks and they look amazing on you! Thank you so much for the details and swatches. And the Ulta box is hilarious! 😂😂😂

Thank you @Saradestin! Sometimes I think Ulta’s just trolling me. 😂

Excellent haul!! We both bought two of the Maybelline lippies! @WinglessOne 

Thanks @lmaster ! I wish I'd bought only one 🤦‍♀️ and I might end up returning them—which I'd rather not do because I'm pretty sure Ulta still uses TRE to track and ding customers for "too many" returns. Let me know if shaking yours before application makes them less sticky. I still haven't tested that yet. (Note to self.) 

@WinglessOne ok I did it, shaking it did not help the stickiness, however after about 3-5 min of it being on my lips, it definitely got about 75% better! Still a tad of tackiness but not as bad as the initial application, I even tried to let it dry a bit before touching my lips together

Thanks for the very helpful update, @lmaster ! Good to know the stickiness was significantly reduced after shaking the tube. I’ll do that when I get home. 🙂

@WinglessOne I also tried not to let my lips touch for like a good minute to see if that helped too, either way, this application was much better than the first time 🤣 but dang lipstick shouldn't be this tricky

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos229
  • 200.gif
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif
  • back-to-school-mom-dance.gif
  • happy birthday kitty.jpg
  • 234F50B2-5DD7-46C0-BC63-45522DB460E4.jpeg
  • DA41DD31-5D9A-4FA4-8A01-136F46345248.jpeg
  • 90091AD2-548F-4D04-9F08-5BCE9D4FD569.jpeg
  • cTop to bottom: Peony gloss, Peony lipstick, Calla lipstick, Calla liner.  Pretty happy with Calla but Peony is very light for me and will take some work to use.
  • Calla liner, lipstick, Peony lipstick and gloss.
  • New Fresh Sugar balms- I'm happy to say they have the same scent.  MAC Lustreglass Business Casual; Spice it Up; and Hug Me, MAC Love Me Liquid Lip Color in Hey Frenchie; Still Winning, and Laissez Faire.
  • Ulta ntl lip day swatches.jpg
  • Gwp lippie bag.
  • Gwp swatches: L'Oreal Nu Impertinent; Nars Rosecliff; Essence Now or Never; Smashbox Audition.
  • C1BBB2C0-E995-4072-9E7C-0D253D1093D1.jpeg
  • B34F7EF9-E03E-47B1-9A56-57A97FCC477B.jpeg
testing