Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

AWE-STRICKEN AUGUST 2021 HAULS

Time is flying and you need to enjoy every minute that's left of summer! What better way than to shop your heart away!! 

Happy birthday August lovelies!! 

Please share your awe stricken August hauls here!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Re: AWE-STRICKEN AUGUST 2021 HAULS

Awww @Ispend2much6, that’s nice of you to say. There’s certainly a lot of good recommendations and enabling to be had on BIC and the monthly haul threads. 🛍 

Hahaha! No pressure. I’ll just take it as encouragement to buy more. Practice makes perfect, right? 😉 

Those swatches are gorgeous @itsfi! I have been impressed with my Essence palettes from my Ulta 10X points day haul. Enjoy your haul!

Thank you @Loretta55! 😃 I’ve been trying to be good about what I purchase this year. I’m happy with these treats and have been having fun trying out everything. 😍

Sephora Skincare Goals Sweepstakes prize order part 2,  plus Ulta makeup orders: 

Some of this is part of my Ulta 10x points order.Some of this is part of my Ulta 10x points order.Hey, I actually got all my requested Sephora samples this time!Hey, I actually got all my requested Sephora samples this time!
Details: 
Spoiler
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Wild Orchid - Once upon a time, I wore a lot of Revlon lipsticks. Around 1990, I discovered MAC lipsticks which ended my Revlon affair. Anyway, I couldnt remember if Ive ever tried Wild Orchid before, and Im looking for an exact or near-exact dupe of Urban Decay Firebird since UD hasnt ported that shade to their new lipstick line. Wild Orchid is cooler toned, less opaque, and can be a bit streaky during application. But once its on, it doesn't bleed or feather at all. 

Lancome: 

• L’Absolu Mademoiselle Shine Lipstick, French Appeal - Haha, look at me adding more reds to my lipstick hoard even as I claim I’m trying to declutter my reds. I’ve fallen from like into love with this line of very balmy lipsticks. Have I mentioned enough times yet that Lancome deserves more love for their lip products? 
  • Dual Finish Powder Foundation, 420 Bisque N - After 2 years of consistently using vitamin A, I need to change my usual shades in this foundation. This new-for-me 420 Bisque N shade replaces 440 Bisque C for the center of my face. 440 now replaces 450 Suede N on the hyperpigmented perimeter of my face. 450 is now too deep for me. (I guess it could still work as a bronzer shade, though it's quite deep on me.) I wish Lancome would make these compacts magnetic and sell refills; I’m kinda surprised they haven’t yet. I also wish they’d remove the fragrance, but at least it’s not obnoxious (to me). 

Mented Lip Gloss, Baby Brown - My very first Mented product. Fairly shiny demi-sheer coverage with very minimal stickiness and no bleeding or feathering. It doesn't survive multiple cups of water and coffee, but a full base coat of lip pencil might help it last longer. 

NARS The Multiple, Maui - I’ve used a few other shades of The Multiple, but not Maui. Looking forward to wearing this one!  

MAC: 

• Love Me Liquid Lipcolour, Marrakesh Me Later - Finally getting around to trying one of these liquid Love Me shades. I should swatch it against the matte Marrakesh bullet sometime. 
  • Glow Play Blush, Head Index - Also finally trying a Glow Play blush. I’ve only swatched it so far but, straight away, I like its texture better than NARS Air Matte cream blush. 

KVD Epic Kiss Nourishing Vegan Butter Lipstick, Bluepink - I tested this comfy lipstick for a couple hours at home. It feathers a bit along my bottom lip; eh, nothing a liner can’t easily prevent. My tube has a slight defect: the lipstick's bevel isn’t properly aligned with the casing's bevel. This makes application a bit messy, so I’ll probably cut a new edge into the lipstick for better alignment. 

“But you swore off KVD years ago!” I sure did. However… 
Spoiler
If the original founder was still involved at all with the brand, I’d have kept on passing. But hey, she sold the brand and stepped completely away from it, so I have no moral heartache about buying one of the brand’s newest products. I do wish Kendo would change the brand name instead of trying to shoehorn a definition/mission statement into the “KVD” acronym. That might also help folks who still associate the brand with its founder. Kinda like I wish Estee Lauder would change the Bobbi Brown brand name, since Bobbi hasn’t been involved in years and has launched a new brand—though my feelings about Bobbi and Kat are completely different. 😂 

And before anyone jumps me: I have my reasons for not supporting certain brands. My reasons might not align with your personal opinions or beliefs, and I’m aware that many customers don’t care about any brand beyond its products. Still, I’m allowed to choose not to financially support a brand/founder, just as you’re allowed to support them if you choose to. 
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick, shades Cashew and Cinnamon - These are 2 of the new "Real Nudes Collection" shades. Adding Cashew to my BB shadow stick collection mostly as a primer and inner corner brightener. And I couldn't resist Cinnamon when I saw it. 

ColourPop: 

• Blush Stix, Too Hot - I’ve wanted to test these blush sticks since they first launched. Finally gonna do that sometime this weekend. 
  • Hello Kitty quads, Cherry Sweet and Teeni Kini - I could no longer resist the cute. My swatch photo doesn’t do justice to the shimmer shades… I should’ve done long swatches of those and taken a natural daylight photo, but I didn't feel like redoing all my swatches. And shoot, I forgot to take photos of the quad covers. Just visit Ulta or ColourPop to see them. 

NYX: 

• Sweet Cheeks Matte, shade Fig - Continuing my search for a mauve blush that doesn’t take me deep into bruise territory. This one looks promising. 
  • Sweet Cheeks Glow, shades Citrine Rose and Fig - Couldn’t resist the shimmer version of Fig. And since I love the yellow Silence Is Golden shimmer shade of this blush, I’m giving Citrine Rose a shot. 

Nabla Skin Glazing Powder, Ozone - I’ve spent a few months deciding which shade to try first. I figured Ozone’s a universal enough shade to test. 

ILIA Full Volumizing Mascara - I’m a Limitless Lash fan, so of course I want to try ILIA’s new mascara. 
Swatches: 
Spoiler
Decolletage swatches taken in natural indirect daylight and direct sunlight (through blinds); I did no temperature adjustment to the swatch photos.Decolletage swatches taken in natural indirect daylight and direct sunlight (through blinds); I did no temperature adjustment to the swatch photos.Adjusted the temperature to combat my bathroom's too-warm lighting.Adjusted the temperature to combat my bathroom's too-warm lighting.Photo taken under a beauty light. UD Firebird is here for comparison to Wild Orchid.Photo taken under a beauty light. UD Firebird is here for comparison to Wild Orchid.I forgot to take a photo while wearing Wild Orchid. These photos were taken with a beauty light.I forgot to take a photo while wearing Wild Orchid. These photos were taken with a beauty light.

Ulta skincare order: 

More 10x/5x points items.More 10x/5x points items.These are great, as long as you get a good scrubby one.These are great, as long as you get a good scrubby one.
Details: 
Spoiler
CND Solar Oil and Rescue Rxx - Trying these nail oil pens at the insistence of a friend. I always worry about nail/cuticle oil pens leaking in my purse/bag, but I'm finally caving for convenience's sake. 

Good Molecules BHA Clarify Gel Cream - I plan to recommend this to someone, but I want to test it myself beforehand. 

CeraVe Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser - Despite my no more shower gel (except BHA cleansers) mandate, I want to see how this new bottled cleanser compares to CeraVes Hydrating Cleanser Bar. 

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Balm B5 - I had a sample of this and liked it enough to buy a full size tube. 

Ulta Pedi Pebbles - They were B2G1, so I get to try the raspberry one for free. I suspect it won’t be as scrubby as the sea salt version. These pedi pebbles will be restricted to my feet and ankles. Must resist the urge to scrub the rest of my body (aside from my back). 

Ulta GWP sampler bags: 

Sampler bag #2Sampler bag #2Sampler bag #1Sampler bag #1
There were 2 substitutions in bag #1 and 4 subs in bag #2. I wish Ulta would always sub sunscreen for OOS samples (the La Roche-Posay DS was a sub). Also, if anyone wants a deep self tanner, um, lemme know. 😄 

Excluded from photos because I forgot: a NYX GWP bundle, a Garnier Pinea-C Brightening Serum sample, and a $1 off coupon for Acure skincare. 

Amazing haul, @WinglessOne!! Congrats again on winning!! Those lippies!! Enjoy your goodies!! 

@WinglessOne  Wow epic haul!!! Yay for getting all the samples you requested!

How is everyone liking the Vichy serum? I have a sample but sensitive skin so I’m waiting to use it. @WinglessOne & everybody 

@thomasinaC  I've never used the Vichy 89 serum before, but the INCI list looks simplistically good. I don't use standalone hyaluronic acid serums on my face anymore; my skin loves and needs that ingredient, so I've made sure it's in most of my usual skincare products. But I plan to test this serum elsewhere on my body. 

Thank you @ather @thomasinaC @Loretta55 !

So covetable💖 everything looks gorgeous!!! You’re going to look quite the starlet! @WinglessOne 

Wow what a mega haul @WinglessOne

Now THAT'S a haul, @WinglessOne!  You made some great choices.

Thank you @CookieGirl1 @sister13  and @tsavorite !

Wow, great hauls! Enjoy! @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne ,

Awesome Hauls!  Great swatches!   I like the Pedi Pebbles, even the raspberry!

You choose some beautiful shades,,, as always looks stunning on you @WinglessOne 

Thank you @lmaster @curlychiquita @faeriegirl @greeneyedgirl107 (I'll tag you after I've used the nail oil pens) and @Ispend2much6 ! 🙂

Love your 10x point makeup choices, @WinglessOne! Enjoy everything!

Excellent haul @WinglessOne! I keep forgetting to try the Pedi pebbles, everyone seems to love them.

@WinglessOne Let us know how you like the nail oil pens.  I've been thinking about getting one!

@WinglessOne   I agree with you about Lancome's lip products.  420 Bisque N could not be a better match for you it seems!  I like the Vichy serum. Need to get another.

Conversation Stats
Photos153
  • giphy.gif
  • tenor.gif
  • Timeless Pink, Fearless Pink, Warming Red
  • 20210802_141553~2.jpg
  • 2D29F2C3-206B-48AD-8508-9C397412F682.jpeg
  • FA2A6E0F-6B4C-4C65-9D3F-9FC4FBC27375.jpeg
  • IMG_20210802_110521~2.jpg
  • IMG_20210802_110808~2.jpg
  • 20210803_153234.jpg
  • 20210803_153050_HDR.jpg