cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

boy smells.jpg

I've been meaning to post about home fragrance in forever, so here's a thread dedicated to candles, sprays, diffuser blends, incense or however else you are scenting your home ๐Ÿ™‚

My favourite way of scenting my space is to customize my own diffuser blends but I do like a candle now and then. I love the way the Boy Smells candles look but I have to admit I'm not impressed. The throw isn't great and the wick is slanted so that the candle isn't burning evenly! It smells soooo good though โค๏ธ

Re: Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

@AMK721 I got these at Bed Bath and Beyond or Kohls (I think), but they're also available at every Meijer I've been to near the candle section. I really like these. However, I will warn you that these do require I believe a special kind of wax warmer which I believe is the Scenterpiece product line from Yankee Candle so unfortunately when it comes to that device you are only limited to these wax melt cups and cannot use traditional kind of wax melts in it. I believe that is also vice versa that you likely couldn't use the wax melt cup inside a traditional wax warmer. Don't quote me on that though, lol. I have not used anything in my Scenterpiece other than the wax cups from YC but I've owned my scenterpiece warmer for 5+ years and it has held up tremendously well.

I got this OTHERLAND Moonstruck Vegan Candle from a friend for Christmas and although I'm still not through my Christmas Cookie Yankee Candle, admittedly I got a bit bored and this packaging kept calling my name. (Marcy..... Marcy! ๐Ÿ˜‚) I mean seriously, how fun is that design! The fragrance is mostly woodsy (kind of birchy?) and also a bit spicy. Not honestly my favorite scent but I don't hate it either. Really disappointed in the scent pay off when lit though. ๐Ÿ˜• Not really getting much out of this. Compared to the Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie which is a very light scent with a super great pay-off, I'm kind of super underwhelmed by how little I can smell this? I'm across the room from it as I write this and I can't smell it. The only time I actually got a whiff of the scent is when I sniffed it pre-lit directly out the packaging and if I stand directly next to the candle. Womp, womp. 

5fac14d67f8f4200182a6418.jpeg

@QueenMarceline That's a gorgeous candle! That's disappointing about the scent payoff, but that's definitely the type of candle jar I would try to reuse for something or other after I'm done with the candle.

@txcatx It is quite a nice candle, I have a couple old candles/candle accessories repurposed for weird items lol! I actually wouldn't mind re-trying something from this brand, hopefully the other candles have better pay-off? I'm really drawn to the one with the gorgeous floral design-I'd for sure keep that.

@QueenMarceline @I agree - Iโ€™m more of a bath and body works person over yankee, but I was disappointed with the throw on the otherland candles. They look so pretty and it was so disappointing. As luxury candles to, I really like this line TOCCA Valencia Candle 10 oz/ 287 g . The reviews also seem mixed but Iโ€™ve found they give a pretty nice throw with a refreshing scent 

@Kim888 You're very right the throw of this candle in particular is nearly non-existent ๐Ÿ˜• I'm disappointed thoroughly. Ahhh! I somehow missed that TOCCA had candles?! I love the Tocca Stella fragrance ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm going to take a look at what they have. I'd love to pick up one or two candles at the VIB sale (which is why I'm trying to tear through my collection, lol!) hopefully I can get through a good amount by April. I like Yankee Candle and B&BW, I think in general I have a candle problem. Truly not many that I don't adore, which is why this one was honestly a shocker.

I was miraculously able to snag that Sephora Favorites candle set during the Rouge sale, but I've been holding off on trying any candles out for one reason or another (including waiting for my smell to get back up to 100% after Covid!). But, today, I'm burning OTHERLAND Rattan Sandalwood Vegan Candle which is warm and cozy and makes me want to go on an exotic vacation.

82390E31-AAEB-4520-BFFF-E178DA53B433.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@txcatx Haha! No way! ๐Ÿ™‚ I just came on this thread to post a different Otherland candle. So glad you are enjoy yours! ๐Ÿ™‚

@txcatx That candle is beautiful! The scent sounds like something I would enjoy.

@txcatx Looks so pretty lit up! I really hope your smell gets back to normal quickly โค๏ธ

@QueenMarceline I totally forgot about this thread thanks for resurrecting it! Right now, I'm really enjoying my Cire Trudon Abd El Kader. Burns very clean.

classique-produit02-1600x1600_1_1 

@pocketvenus No problem, that candle looks celestial! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜

@QueenMarceline โค๏ธ Not a personal pic but I love the design of the CTs. The glass is also hefty and a little uneven, each one is unique ๐Ÿ™‚

@pocketvenus Looks amazing and so aesthetically pleasing. What is the scent like?

@QueenMarceline Scent is fantastic. Herbal and minty but not at all in a toothpaste way. There's a hint of spice and everything is made a little plusher and softer with a non-sweet vanilla.

Today, I'm lighting up my Christmas Cookie from Yankee Candle. I've had this one in my candle collection for a while and I'm still feeling a little festive and I love a sweet/gourmand fragrance in the winter-time.

b53ab058-bd22-450d-b43e-541d00a284b0_1.973533df04b593cc0f7a3c20560f6dfe.jpeg

I had the Diptyque Figuier candle, and I was not impressed.  It burned unevenly, and the throw was so subtle.  Quality does not justify the cost.  All I'm left with is a cute, empty candle glass that will be repurposed. 

I have tried Tyler, DW Home, and B&BW candles, mostly.

I keep going back to B&BW due to affordability and accessibility.  My favorite scents are Paris Cafรฉ (Rich Roasted Coffee, Sugared Brioche, Vanilla Crรจme), Vanilla Bean (Madagascar Vanilla, Homemade Marshmallow, Fresh Steamed Milk), and Wine Cellar (Mulled Apples, Fresh Fig, Cedarwood with Essential Oils).

There was one called Thailand that came out late winter last year, that smelled like coconut and steamed rice, and it was refreshing to see something different. 

@modernwarpaint  I'm a fan of B&BW candles too. Those are my favorite. I'm burning Paris Cafe right now, I love it. Thailand scent sounds amazing, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Etat Libre d'Orange has released a few candles with scents based on their perfumes, Remarkable People, Hermann, and You or Someone Like You. I'm not sure how I feel about this, I really don't think these scents work as home fragrances.

You-or-Someone-Like-You1-350x435

I pretty much only use bath and body works to scent my home. They have a lot of variety at a reasonable price.

I use Wallflowers in the bathroom, right now I have Italian herbs going and it smells like a nice clean public bathroom. I also use Mrs Meyers Iowa pine to clean With.

The Candle Iโ€™m burning right now is from the sweet shop 2.0 collection Key Lime pie.

It smells like toasted jolly ranchers, fruits loops in milk and a little key lime pie in a graham cracker crust with milk and butter. On cold it smells like fruit loops in milk. 

But Iโ€™m thinking about trying expensive Jo Malone, I want to try a five pound candle and a reed diffuser. I want a strong scent and to get my moneyโ€™s Worth. Anyone ever use these and know how they compare to bath And Body Works?

Thinking about

Jo Malone London Peony & Blush Suede Candle 7.0 oz/ 200 g

JO MALONE LONDON - Pomegranate Noir Travel Candle

Jo Malone London English Pear & Freesia Scent Surroundโ„ข Diffuser 5.6 oz/ 165 mL

Alright guys, I need help. Im getting so frustrated with diptyque candles. All of them tunnel, regardless of low long I let the candle burn! Yesterday I let the one burn for FIVE HOURS and it still didnโ€™t fully melt the top layer. Does anyone have any suggestions??

My cheap bath & body works candles are way better and never have this issue. Itโ€™s kind of embarassing for the brand when a product which costs 1/4 of the price is WAYYY better for burning and scent. Ugh.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • boy smells.jpg
  • yume-no-yume-akinishiki-ahorn_m
  • You-or-Someone-Like-You1-350x435
  • b53ab058-bd22-450d-b43e-541d00a284b0_1.973533df04b593cc0f7a3c20560f6dfe.jpeg
  • classique-produit02-1600x1600_1_1
  • 82390E31-AAEB-4520-BFFF-E178DA53B433.jpeg
  • 5fac14d67f8f4200182a6418.jpeg
  • IMG-2849.jpg
  • Sakura Blossom festival.jpeg
  • IMG-3010.jpg
  • IMG-3027.jpg
  • IMG-3260.jpg
  • IMG-3593.jpg
  • thumbnail.jpe
  • Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 8.59.47 PM.png
testing