Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Good Dupe for Stella McCartney perfume?

I haven't found a replacement since Stella McCartney discontinued her perfume line. Her original perfume, just called "Stella", in a deep purple bottle was divine! A musk based floral. Notes included: mandarin, amber, rose, and peony.  Most rose based fragrances are either too sweet and powdery, or have a note I don't like. (I really dislike vanilla and sandalwood, which seem to be in everything these days)

Re: Good Dupe for Stella McCartney perfume?

House of Bo - Rosario. It's incredibly close. But also very pricey.

Hi - not sure if you’re still looking for a dupe for Stella. I used to wear that perfume many years ago when it first came out. Loved it. Just dawned on me today that one of my other scents reminds me quite a bit of Stella. It’s called Lazy Sunday Morming by Replica. Both have that prominent rose note, with an ambery/woody floral undertone. Though LSM has an added clean/soapy note, but I think it’s minor.

I think it’s worth trying…

Does anyone know if the new Nest Lychee Rose is a good dup or even similar to Stella?

At first I thought so, but after a few wears I decided it wasn’t a good dup and I returned it. 

Stella,Stella, Stellaaaaaaaa!!!!

Please bring it back😪  It is my go-to scent. I purchased 4 bottles when I heard it was discontinued and now I'm down to the last one. This has been my signature scent for over 15 years. I get so many compliments on it and no other perfume comes close.

Please post if anyone finds a dupe.

Hi - I just replied to the OP. If still looking for a Stella dupe, give Replica’s Lazy Sunday Morming a try. Perhaps not an exact dupe but definitely some similar notes. 

I adored Stella!!!! So sad that it was discontinued. I’ll try some of these recommendations but I really wish someone would bring it back. Always complemented on it. 

I think we all should be contacting Stella beauty to bring it back. If enough people do so, maybe they will bring it back. I messaged them yesterday in fact and received a response. 

This was part of the response:

We're sorry to inform you that the original Stella McCartney perfume has been discontinued and is not available to purchase online. We will relay your message to the product development team as encouragement for any future perfume launches.”

So it’s worth a shot to inundate them with requests for it! 

Hi Ladies! I was checking out shelfies on Pinterest and this girl (we can’t stand her, LOL) has 3 bottles in her MU cabinet! 😭 One on every shelf! Clearly she’s in Europe. (BTW, I was poking around online recently and you can actually buy Stella on EBay. It ranges from $200-$400.) Worth it? Probably. 

IMG_3989.jpeg

So glad to see that other people want this back! Mine was stolen from me. My favorite was Summer Rose. I just want to smell it again so bad. It’s been years. It was the one! 

Divain 655 is the closest I have found and is almost identical! So happy to have finally found something like Stella McCartney!

I feel you - Stella McCartney was my favorite winter scent back in the day, and was disappointed to learn it was discontinued. Today, I sampled Fenty - and instantly reminded me of Stella McCartney. I dug into it a little bit and found that Fenty is by the same nose that created Stella McCartney - Jacques Cavallier. I would say this is a strong contender to other similar scents. If you give it a try - let me know what you think.

I am with you! Good girl by Carolina Herrera isn’t the same smell, but has a similar vibe to me if that makes sense. That’s what I have used as my go to since Stella was discontinued 

As pathetic as my ancient bottle looks, I thought some fellow perfume connoisseurs would enjoy seeing her being cherished!
8CE13375-F313-4D17-869A-4FCE8B4EB91A.jpeg

Lady, I’m with you a hundred percent. 💖💞💫 I  L💝VED Stella more than any fragrance I’ve owned, and wore it for over a decade. It was gorgeous! (I actually bought it based on the description alone around 2008 and it did not disappoint!) 

I’ve looked and smelled, high and low, and haven’t found anything that compares IMO. I recently jumped on the live chat in here one night and the lady suggested the one below…She was very specific about trying the “intense” version, which had been in stores about 2 seconds. I do think she did her research. I might give it a shot; but I will not give up! We should keep this thread up as long as it takes! 💜💜💜

Check out this product at Sephora.com - Yves Saint Laurent LIBRE Eau de Parfum Intense - 30 mL/ 1 oz Eau de Parfum Intense Spra

Thank you! I will check it out!

Totally agree here. Someone walked past me the other night in a restaraunt and I had to go over to her and ask her what she was wearing. It smelled so similar to Stella. I went and tried it the next day, and, my gosh, it's gorgeous! I actually prefer the normal Libre over the Intense, I think it smells more similar (more musky). I'm actually going to Sephora today to buy a bottle!

Fragrantica has Juliette Has a Gun Miss Charming 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Eau de Parfum Spray and AERIN Rose De Grasse Eau de Parfum listed as similar. There may also be dupe companies making dupes! Good luck finding something that matches what you're looking for 🙂

Oh my gosh--I got the Aerin sampler kit and I am in looooove with the Rose de Grasse!

Great recommendation!

Definitely recommend the sampler set: https://www.sephora.com/product/perfume-sampler-discovery-set-P504777

Thank you for the recommendations! 

Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 36 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos2
  • 8CE13375-F313-4D17-869A-4FCE8B4EB91A.jpeg
  • IMG_3989.jpeg
testing