Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@cianni Looks like we both have similar issues 👀🤣

Phlur’s mango mood and the new lychee scents by NEST and Kayali!

@Moni124 I’m curious about the new The Maker Lover Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL scent as well. I haven’t really tried much from the brand but I love jasmine and fig so hoping it’ll be in stores soon.

@cianni Will do! ❤️ That’s a bummer about father figure. I really wanted to like it but when I tried it in stores I could barely smell anything after 3 sprays. Right now my only fig fragrance is NEST New York Indigo Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL which I love but I’m curious how other perfurmers take on the scent 

@OlfactoryObsess I definitely have some Indigo samples around, I should pull them out and give them a try! I believe the first time I smelled it was before I was in my “fig phase” so I’m wondering if it’ll be more up my alley now 

@OlfactoryObsess @let me know when you have a chance to try! Im on the hunt for a fig scent. I love PHLUR Father Figure Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.32 oz / 9.5 mL but im partial to travel sizes and the packaging is faulty and leaks 😕

Community_Perfumes_Group_Landscape

LUSH has released 4 LE perfumes and 3 LE body sprays

Perfumes

Creamy Candy: From the Bubble Bar fragrance. Cozy up with clouds of creamy, dreamy vanilla absolute, as this amber perfume carries you to a simpler time. Vanilla is thought to de-stress and calm thanks to its uplifting, sugary-sweet scent.

Tender Is The Night: This warm blend of sensual florals is a scent that quickly became a fan favorite when it first launched in Tender Is The Night Massage Bar. It's made with a blend of creamy jasmine, ylang ylang and sweet vanilla, all ingredients thought to be aphrodisiacs.

Super Milk: Super Milk Conditioning Hair Primer went viral when people using it were being complimented on their scent everywhere they went. Customers have been buying it just to smell good, so we thought we'd create a limited-edition perfume for them so they can use that instead. The blend of lemony litsea cubeba, vanilla and tonka absolutes create an aroma that's creamy, citrusy, sweet and absolutely irresistible.

Toil & Trouble: This limited-edition perfume was inspired by witches around a cauldron and the materials they might use to conjure up some mischief including earthy patchouli and sweet, woody orris oil. Labdanum resinoid, an ingredient that's been used in incense and perfumes since antiquity, provides a rich, complex base note.

Body sprays

Golden Pear: Notes of sweetly spiced pear and Brazilian orange oil blends with spicy cardamom, an intensely warm aroma that clears the mind like a breath of fresh air.

Sticky Dates: Sticky Dates Shower Gel has quickly become a Lush community favorite, which is why we've created this limited-edition body spray with the same delectable scent. First, lather up with the shower gel, rich in skin-softening organic date syrup and delectable vanilla pod infusion. Then spritz yourself with this decadent blend of sweet benzoin resinoid and sandalwood to layer the comforting caramel fragrance

Tramp: Long-time Lushies may remember the days when the deep, dark green Tramp Shower Gel was sold in shops. Mysterious and sensual, the fragrance is a blend of patchouli oil, oakmoss absolute and the spirit of the forest.

@pocketvenus Ooh some of those sounds really good! 

I got 2 of those. I bought Super Milk and the Sticky dates body spray. Back in the day, i LIVED for the Lush forum releases 🙂

Lychee War!

So it looks like Kayali and Nest are both releasing lychee scents within days of each other and now I have a dilemma. Lychee was one of my favorite food discoveries while living in China (most of my fragrance collection is inspired from those memories) so now the question is to get the more champagne leaning Nest scent or the vanilla infused Kayali?

Does anyone have any other lychee favorites? Do you think these are just trying to be Delina dupes?

Now that I’ve sampled both, I think my only point of contention with the new nest and kayali scents is they both lean very sweet when lychees are more of a sweet & tart flavor. KAYALI EDEN JUICY APPLE | 01 manages this balance well with a lychee top note but it doesn’t seem that anyone tried that take. They’re still beautiful scents but I think the lychee note gets a little buried in both. I’ll need to do a side by side skin test to see which one is coming home with me.

My favourite lychee scent is Hello Pretty by mark. (Avon) launched in 2006, which is likely hard to find or discontinued. It’s a clean lychee smell that is fresh, bright, fruity and sparkling and it lasts all day!  

@Quillow That sounds delightful! If I find it I’ll definitely give it a try.

@OlfactoryObsess Ooh both sound amazing. I'd probably get samples of each first lol.

@Samtian I got to sample the kayali scent in store and I definitely got all the notes. Very champagney/raspberry at the top with the lychee coming through in the middle and a very vanilla dry-down. Really liked it in the first couple hours of wear but I’m not a super vanilla fan so I’m hoping nest will be more on the fruity/floral side.

@OlfactoryObsess Was the rose note strong? I’m not a huge rose fan, so I’m wondering if that’ll throw it off for me

@OlfactoryObsess - You've probably already seen the notes.  Here they are for the Kayali version from Fragrantica.  The Nest version hasn't been posted yet.  Looking forward to seeing the notes for comparison purposes.  This is a tough decision! 😄

Screenshot_20231202_160649.jpg

I’m really curious to see how it stacks up next to eden juicy apple. It’s my current favorite from the brand and a lot of the top notes seem pretty similar 🧐

@OlfactoryObsess - It would be helpful if you could tag the person you are replying to:  type the "@" symbol and a list of individuals conversing in the thread you're in will pop up.  Choose the person's user name, like how I did for you.  By doing this, it will send a notification to the individual that someone has mentioned them.  Otherwise the person may never see your message. Since I enjoy talking perfume, I don't want to miss your messages! 😘

@OlfactoryObsess  it's a tricky choice, they both sound good to me (I like lychee scents too, I do like Delina). I am tempted to just go ahead and get both so I can compare them! We will see if I can manage to talk myself down to just one or the other lol.

4,247 Replies
testing