Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Rosie Jane has a new unisex fragrance out. By Rosie Jane DYLAN Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

DYLAN is inspired by individuality + sexual freedom.

With notes of cedar, frankincense and white musk.

FEELS LIKE: being in love. brave + carefree. UNISEX.

It combines the soft woody notes of cedar, the spiciness of frankincense with a base of white musk to create the ultimate unisex scent.

In addition to cedar and olibaum essential oils, the ingredients list also includes ambrettolide, which is a warm musk by Givaudan, ambroxan which is the primary chemical behind the woody-amber genre, and ISO-E Super which is a woody aromachemical that has a nice blurring effect. Very cool how all the chemicals are listed instead of the mysterious ingredient called "fragrance" that one usually encounters. I think Phlur does this too, listing every single ingredient.

41494-1-min_1024x1024

Fans of Madge who can receive packages in the US can now pre-order her latest perfume, Madame X from Madonna's website

202009_720x

Madame X has been traveling the world. Her Eau de Parfum takes you on a poetic journey. Made up of fresh and floral scents from the Mediterranean coast, mystical flavors of the Orient, all transcended by her sensuality and rebellious spirit. The manifestation of her path to light and freedom.

Top: cinnamon / raspberry / orange blossom

Core: rose / patchouli / orange flower

Base: musk / incense / amber

US$250/100ml

Rather expensive for a celebrity fragrance. Her previous perfume, Truth or Dare, is generally well reviewed though it didn't break new ground. Will be looking out for reviews of this one.

The Ben Gorham x IKEA candle collection, OSYNLIG, is going to be released in November. There will be 13 scented candles divided into three bases: floral, woody and fresh. Gorham is the founder of Byredo. Priced affordably from $4.99 to $24.99 USD. The aesthetic doesn't really match my decor but I'll probably pick up some of these. More photos on Hypebae.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2020%2F10%2Fikea-byredo-ben-gorham-collaboration-osynlig-scented-candle-collection-price-release-date-3

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2020%2F10%2Fikea-byredo-ben-gorham-collaboration-osynlig-scented-candle-collection-price-release-date-7

TF has filed another fragrance trademark aka Ebony Smoke

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.50.25 AM.png

New Serge Lutens boutique exclusive Tarab

E72AAD70-B683-4248-A3CC-176E2AEB8172.png

@Mochapj Looks like a possible new line? I tried finding the notes and instead came across another perfume on the Saudi Food and Drug Authority website, LA DOMPTEUSE ENCAGÉE. No notes for that either.

New Floraiku - Volcanic Flowers - lily of the valley, Jasmine, patchouli, chocolate, coffee

B71A6068-3954-483D-B615-8ECB8518C572.png

The new Diptyque candles are out! Personally, they are not my style this year 😞

dip-20hol

The scents are

• Fleur Majesté with notes of roses with clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon
  • Ambre Plume with notes of amber, orange, cinnamon and ginger
  • and Sapin de Nuit with notes of fir, eucalyptus, rosemary and peppermint

Fleur Majesté sounds really lovely. I just wish the designs were less cartoonish.

In other candle news, A24 has restocked their film genre candles. Has anyone smelled these?

FEATURE_candle

New pebble bottle fragrance from CdG

o.97102

Dressed in a red glass flacon, the newest ROUGE combines the bright and vibrant scents of pink pepper, beetroot, and stimulating ginger with a pulsating, icy, minty accord. The composition also includes a deep woodsy patchouli note, contrasting the dynamic start, blended with incense and warm labdanum in the base.

@Margalee It does - I wish I had ordered a sample of this instead of Copper!

Aesop now has scented candles! CA$145/300g

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F10%2Faesop-aromatique-candles-aganice-callippus-ptolemy-home-scents-fragrances-launch-smell-2

From Hypebae

The Aromatique candle line has been developed in collaboration with Barnabé Fillion, who frequently works alongside Aesop to develop new products. Each candle takes its name from an astronomer of ancient astronomy and associated mythologies, tapping into the notion that candles at night are like stars in the sky.

By combining science with curiosity, Aesop has been able to develop florals and spice in “Aganice,” woody green notes in “Callippus,” and earthiness in “Ptolemy.”

From Aesop's site

"Aganice" honours a female astronomer of Ancient Greece, renowned for her knowledge of the moon and its cycles. Floral, spicy and fresh, its fragrance recalls the intoxicating aromas of Cape Spartel in Tangier. Notes are Cardamom, Mimosa and discreet notes of Tobacco. 

“Callippus” is titled for an astronomer of Ancient Greece famed for refining the planetary theory of his time. Its woody, earthy, green fragrance alludes to rituals overlaid with the drifting smoke of incense. Notes are frankincense, guaiac wood, and bright notes of shiso, vetiver.

“Ptolemy,” is named for an ancient Greek-Egyptian astronomer whose work informed much medieval astronomy. Its resinous, earthy, woody fragrance brings to mind dense, old-growth Japanese forests. Notes are cedar, cypress and notes of vetiver, featuring alongside the light smokiness.

@pocketvenus the jars are beautiful. And the descriptions are so Aesop, if that makes sense lol. 

I bought a bottle of Aesop hand soap pre-covid as a splurge and finally convinced myself to finally use it recently (so expensive!). It is actually so nice and perfect. Which is unfortunate because it was something like $50 CAD for the bottle (!!!). 

@nche Aesop products are pricey but they smell so amazing. I wish Sephora carried this brand.

New LE Jo Malone for Holiday 2020, Midnight Musk & Amber. Additional notes include citrus and juniper.

jm-mma

I had a chance to try Bitter Peach so I thought I’d share some thoughts. 

unsurprisingly based on the name, it is a little bitter. The listed notes are peach, blood orange, davana, rum, cognac, patchouli, sandalwood, labdanum and vanilla

It has a very realistic peach note but instead of the sweetness you usually find in fruity fragrances, this is tempered by the blood orange. In the middle it gains a woody creaminess that comes off as some additional sweetness but overall it’s still very bitter and resinous throughout.

i didn’t have any issues with longevity and though it isn’t a skin scent, I don’t believe the projection is outrageous either.

Grrr so Bitter Peach is up on the Bay site as I STILL await for pre-sale order from nordstrom!

the bay.PNG

New JHAG, Musc Invisible. Fans of Not a Perfume might like this!

o.96863

Romano Ricci, the founder of the brand, wanted, through this new fragrance, to take up the challenge of showing the ultimate base note, musk, as soon as the fragrance takes off. A challenge in which he feels he succeeded, since the result is a perfume with the smell of "clean skin, starting to sweat a little." A "beautiful, sensual creature," he calls it, where musk is dressed in jasmine absolute and a cotton flower accord, to enhance its silky and addictive nuances.

Top: Jasmine Absolute

Heart: Cotton Flower

Base: White Musk

Another way Romano Ricci dreamed of Musc Invisible  was envisioning it to be as "delicate and comfortable as your favorite jeans", and that is indeed all the charm of musks; this sensual and velvety caress that perfectly hugs your skin. A fragrance, therefore, with creamy tones; easy to wear in all circumstances, like a second skin, and as soft, as cozy as it is carnal. To visually evoke the fluffy soft caress of the juice inside, the bottle plays the card of artistic, graphic, uncluttered fuzziness, with a slightly "cloudy" bluish gradient.

New Byredo! From NST Perfume. Sounds interesting, sweet and spicy. I do like cumin in a fragrance.

Niche line Byredo has launched Tobacco Mandarin, a new woody citrus addition to the Night Veils collection.

Bright, lively freshness of citrus fruits meets smoky, dark spice notes. Tobacco Mandarin artfully combines seemingly contradictory contrasts - inspired by the Moroccan port city of Tangier, which has become a myth - into a full-bodied picture. Here east and west meet day and night, past and present meet male and female. By day, the world of the spice trade unfolds in a landscape dominated by citrus trees. At night, however, femmes and hommes "fatals", surrounded by tobacco smoke and leather, dominate the cityscape. Tobacco Mandarin absorbs these impressions and transforms them into a fragrance soaked in sensuality, elegance, and danger...

Additional notes include coriander, cumin, labdanum, incense, oud and sandalwood.

byredo-night-veils-tobacco-mandarin-1

byredo-night-veils-tobacco-mandarin-3

@pocketvenus - This sounds good!  

I can't believe I missed this! It's a new perfume line by Sephora which has only been released in Sephora France:

o.94867

The range is called Do Not Drink and follows the turn taken by the brand towards more naturalness. Fragrances include

Eau Acidulée (Cassis + Passion)  combines the bitter and fresh nuances of the leaves and buds of blackcurants, combining them with juicy, citrusy, and sweet-fruity passionfruit aromas.

Eau Aromatique (Sauge + Tonka)  is an aromatic and balsamic creation of sage and tonka beans.

Eau Corsée (Iris + Moka)  creates the balance of elegant and powdery iris flavors and addictive coffee mocha accords.

Eau Épicée (Jasmin + Baies Roses)  surrounds the bright and solar jasmine bouquet with vibrant, piquant, and pungent pink pepper accords.

Eau Rafraîchissante (Mandarine + Matcha)  combines the juicy and sunny freshness of mandarin oranges and aromatic and stimulating aromas of matcha tea.

Eau Sucrée Salée (Vanille + Fleur de Sel)  celebrates the softness of vanilla blending with the contrasting and aromatic accords of salt.

117336815_770022953745886_6926880142471600986_n

The juices are made of 87% of ingredients of natural origin. They are made in France and packaged in eco-designed packaging: glass bottles and recycled cardboard boxes printed with vegetable inks.

They will be available in three formats: 10 ml (9.95 Eur), 30 ml (19.95 Eur), and 50 ml (29.95 Eur). The Do Not Drink Collection will be sold on the brand's online store and in French stores from August 3th, 2020

testing