Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I had a chance to try Bitter Peach so I thought I’d share some thoughts. 

unsurprisingly based on the name, it is a little bitter. The listed notes are peach, blood orange, davana, rum, cognac, patchouli, sandalwood, labdanum and vanilla

It has a very realistic peach note but instead of the sweetness you usually find in fruity fragrances, this is tempered by the blood orange. In the middle it gains a woody creaminess that comes off as some additional sweetness but overall it’s still very bitter and resinous throughout.

i didn’t have any issues with longevity and though it isn’t a skin scent, I don’t believe the projection is outrageous either.

Grrr so Bitter Peach is up on the Bay site as I STILL await for pre-sale order from nordstrom!

the bay.PNG

New JHAG, Musc Invisible. Fans of Not a Perfume might like this!

o.96863

Romano Ricci, the founder of the brand, wanted, through this new fragrance, to take up the challenge of showing the ultimate base note, musk, as soon as the fragrance takes off. A challenge in which he feels he succeeded, since the result is a perfume with the smell of "clean skin, starting to sweat a little." A "beautiful, sensual creature," he calls it, where musk is dressed in jasmine absolute and a cotton flower accord, to enhance its silky and addictive nuances.

Top: Jasmine Absolute

Heart: Cotton Flower

Base: White Musk

Another way Romano Ricci dreamed of Musc Invisible  was envisioning it to be as "delicate and comfortable as your favorite jeans", and that is indeed all the charm of musks; this sensual and velvety caress that perfectly hugs your skin. A fragrance, therefore, with creamy tones; easy to wear in all circumstances, like a second skin, and as soft, as cozy as it is carnal. To visually evoke the fluffy soft caress of the juice inside, the bottle plays the card of artistic, graphic, uncluttered fuzziness, with a slightly "cloudy" bluish gradient.

New Byredo! From NST Perfume. Sounds interesting, sweet and spicy. I do like cumin in a fragrance.

Niche line Byredo has launched Tobacco Mandarin, a new woody citrus addition to the Night Veils collection.

Bright, lively freshness of citrus fruits meets smoky, dark spice notes. Tobacco Mandarin artfully combines seemingly contradictory contrasts - inspired by the Moroccan port city of Tangier, which has become a myth - into a full-bodied picture. Here east and west meet day and night, past and present meet male and female. By day, the world of the spice trade unfolds in a landscape dominated by citrus trees. At night, however, femmes and hommes "fatals", surrounded by tobacco smoke and leather, dominate the cityscape. Tobacco Mandarin absorbs these impressions and transforms them into a fragrance soaked in sensuality, elegance, and danger...

Additional notes include coriander, cumin, labdanum, incense, oud and sandalwood.

byredo-night-veils-tobacco-mandarin-1

byredo-night-veils-tobacco-mandarin-3

@pocketvenus - This sounds good!  

I can't believe I missed this! It's a new perfume line by Sephora which has only been released in Sephora France:

o.94867

The range is called Do Not Drink and follows the turn taken by the brand towards more naturalness. Fragrances include

Eau Acidulée (Cassis + Passion)  combines the bitter and fresh nuances of the leaves and buds of blackcurants, combining them with juicy, citrusy, and sweet-fruity passionfruit aromas.

Eau Aromatique (Sauge + Tonka)  is an aromatic and balsamic creation of sage and tonka beans.

Eau Corsée (Iris + Moka)  creates the balance of elegant and powdery iris flavors and addictive coffee mocha accords.

Eau Épicée (Jasmin + Baies Roses)  surrounds the bright and solar jasmine bouquet with vibrant, piquant, and pungent pink pepper accords.

Eau Rafraîchissante (Mandarine + Matcha)  combines the juicy and sunny freshness of mandarin oranges and aromatic and stimulating aromas of matcha tea.

Eau Sucrée Salée (Vanille + Fleur de Sel)  celebrates the softness of vanilla blending with the contrasting and aromatic accords of salt.

117336815_770022953745886_6926880142471600986_n

The juices are made of 87% of ingredients of natural origin. They are made in France and packaged in eco-designed packaging: glass bottles and recycled cardboard boxes printed with vegetable inks.

They will be available in three formats: 10 ml (9.95 Eur), 30 ml (19.95 Eur), and 50 ml (29.95 Eur). The Do Not Drink Collection will be sold on the brand's online store and in French stores from August 3th, 2020

@pocketvenus Interesting!  I've been waiting for more affordable fragrances to come about so I can build a collection.  Fingers crossed this will come out way someday!

@greeneyedgirl107 Let's hope so! Sephora France is pretty different when it comes to fragrance from what I know but this is an in-house line and obviously Sephora's domestic market is much larger.

@pocketvenus All good points!

More promo photos

mediaparfumsc1fbd945912522ac2ef37ffb3226af0562eb7fe80f7851aa94978eea0d34158e881d374e5bea5a5600efe2ad83bc482145c78c3f0da15d20ef92361ab56dc02f37ddd03e41f6d731c4435222c409cc7e4e1fbc04568538194da7fd54e68c9aff

I thought the Iris sounded interesting, like an Iris version of Cafe Tuberosa. Some reviews from Nez, my rough translation from French. The last one also had a reference to a tree and magic which I didn't understand so I didn't translate that.

Iris + Moka like a fruity floral shampoo with a powdery base. The most inoffensive.
Jasmin + Baies roses watery, green and fruity floral with a woody-amber base. The most boring.
Mandarine + Matcha an aromatic orange cologne with a base of light musc, done in the style of an Hermes. The best.
Cassis + Passion a tagada (?) strawberry and exotic fruit blend with acidic and green facets at the top. The most fruity.
Sauge + Tonka an oriental fougere that tries to copy Le Male. Between the cheap lavender and ambery vanilla… the most tacky.
Vanille + Fleur de sel between a revolting milky vanilla and notes of barbapapa (??) and marshmallow. The worst.

Thanks for sharing, @pocketvenus !  I think these sound interesting and would love to try.  Of course the one that caught my attention is described as "the most boring." 🙄

@Titian06 That's just one reviewer's take! I hope we can try these soon 🙂

Oh, this looks and sounds interesting @pocketvenus. I wonder if these will be released in Canada and the US this year or at some other point.

@itsfi me too! Sephora France has always had more fragrance selection though.

Diptyque city candles are back! Only available until Sept 23

Diptyque

@pocketvenus, have you used these before? I do like Diptyque and the packaging is beautiful!! 😍

@itsfi I haven't! These are only available in boutiques or online. The packaging is very, very pretty though. I think the boxes are just as gorgeous as the candles.

RE: Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

These are so so pretty!

Here's my perfume story 🙂

The first one i got into was Aquadi Gio (original for women), its been discontinued years ago. 

Then i discovered Be Delicious by Donna Karan.

After that i got into the Sol De Janeiro bum bum cream scent, and when i saw that they made a mist i got it. They also made the perfume now, but im fine with the mist, its long lasting, on me anw. Over time i got tired of the scent because it overpowers on everything and last forever lol, so i take breaks from it.

After that i discovered a scent from Dior that i like, and its J'adore in Joy, its the only one i like.

Because of the price, i decided to not buy it.

The last fragrance i found and love and will buy some time is Melrose Place by Ouai.

When Aquadi Gio was discontinued i was like Whyyyyyy, because its the only scent i liked. It was fresh, citrusy and a bit floraly. So when i found Be Delicious, i was happy because its even more fresh and a bit sweet, less floral.

Sol De Janeiro is very sweet, caramel with something else i cant pinpoint (i think they say it has a pistachio scent, but pistachio dont really have a specific strong smell do they?, lol so idk).

Dior J'adore Joy is citrus and floral.

Melrose Place by Ouai is also citrus and floral.

North Bondi by Ouai i dont like, smells like medicinal desinfinctant to me lol. 

Im not really good at describing scents, im sorry for that, but i hope it still gave you guys ideas 🙂

OH: i also love Glow by Jennifer Lopez. Never had the chance to buy it ;(

@Emy10  are you referring to Armani Beauty Acqua di Gioia 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  ?? 

bc that hasn't been discontinued.

testing