Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Never heard of this- it's lovely!

I've never seen this! How pretty!

The tried and true method is lotion. Especially if you can use a lotion in the same fragrance, or just applying an odorless lotion first and spraying the fragrance on top will extend its life. 

However, the last time this was asked, it was determined that the Jo Malone was an EDT, meaning it is more diluted than an EDP and innately won't last as long. 

i second this method of using fragrance-free lotion.  🙂

Thank you Libellules, I will try lotion. Ah yes, the dilution.. it is disappointing given how expensive these are. I wish i had bought the 6.8oz bottle instead of the 3.4oz one!

This morning I pulled out a random sample vial that was sent to me with a perfume order and tried it on (Arquiste The Architects Club)

Imagine my surprise at finding something I would seriously consider wearing as a signature scent!?

It's a little sweet, a little woody, a touch bitter, with a hint of smoke.  In other words, it's perfect.

Do we have any Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge fans around here?

Sniffs this yesterday...definitely like it!

Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge is my favorite!  It smells so yummy 🙂

I love it too. I haven't ever bought the perfume but I buy the soap to keep in the drawer with my scarves and socks. It's lovely to get a little whiff in the morning. 

definitely one of my favorites and it has been my go-to scent this season when i am indecisive about what to put on. 🙂

Me!!!! It's my favorite discovery this year 😄

it's my mom's new favorite !

Hautelook is doing a Penhaligon's sale 🙂

Soooo I finally tracked down a couple of vials of Aerin Rose de Grasse. 

Sadly, second time around, I can still barely smell this on my wrist. It's better than the last time when I smelled absolutely nothing, but it's been 30 minutes and it's basically faded from my wrist.

I'm going to wear it normally tomorrow and see how it goes. Smell-wise, I still very much prefer JM Red Roses!

Edited to add: 2 hours later, the scent is completely gone from my wrists 😞

here is katie puckrik's review of etat libre d'orange's sécrétions magnifiques. i'm cry laughing. 

NOOOOOO WHHHHYYYYYY

...crabs gone nuclear living in industrial waste that's gushing from sort of factory that's filled with disease. lol 

That video just made my day.

You can't fake a reaction like that!!! LOL

Now i'm really curious...

This is absolutely hilarious. Thank you for sharing.

I adore Katie Puckrik's videos. I'm sad she hasn't uploaded in a long time too!

I haven't even finished watching it yet, but OMG.

WHHHHHYYYYYYYYY?????

testing