cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

The SEPHORiA Diaries 2023

IMG_3751.jpeg

Another SEPHORiA, another diary! I was thrilled to hear that SEPHORiA would be back in person this year after a 4 year hiatus, and even more so that it was going to be in New York. 

This Community has given me so much over the last decade, and this truly was like a family reunion. Iโ€™ve been friends with so many of yโ€™all for years and years, this event is just the most beautiful excuse to get together โค๏ธ

Unfortunately for us, Mother Nature had other plans. As I waited in line for Session 1, the NYC governor declared a state of emergency due to the inclement weather (severe rainstorms). 

There was also something going on with the venue, likely due to the storms. They cancelled the event about 20 minutes after Gold Key holders were supposed to be inside. 

While we werenโ€™t able to go in and see all the amazing booths, they still let us redeem our swag bags. 

IMG_3764.jpeg

โ€ƒ

So sorry I didnโ€™t get to meet more of you! Our Ambassador group was able to at least get together for a picture. Fingers crossed that we might be let in tomorrow ๐Ÿคž 

IMG_3757.jpeg

โ€ƒ
Session 2 is also cancelled, if you were supposed to come make sure you check your emails! They are offering a resolution. 

xoxo Mcakes 

Re: The SEPHORiA Diaries 2023

After a cancelled Day 1 of Sephoria and rumors of issues with the venue, we were all anxious to hear if Day 2 would be cancelled as well. 

When the rain died down a bit on Friday my roommates and I ventured out into the city to get some dinner. We stumbled upon this incredible ramen place and I ordered the most delicious curry dish: 

IMG_3772.jpeg

โ€ƒ
We wanted to get together with the other BIC girls since we were all in New York after all, nothing was going to stop us from enjoying our time together! So we all decided on the perfect meeting placeโ€ฆSephora of course ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

45B52BD6-2004-4DE5-8BDB-25F753407D92.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Our group therapy shopped to our heartโ€™s content then decided it was time to eatโ€ฆagain. We walked to a diner in Times Square called Juniorโ€™s and some of the girls decided they absolutely must stop by the Sephora in Times Square as well. I decided to stay at the restaurant to enjoy some warm Matzo ball soup.

IMG_3777.jpeg

โ€ƒ

All in all it was a good ending to an otherwise dreary and emotional day. We didnโ€™t know what the morning would hold, but promised that if the weather canceled our Sephoria plans again weโ€™d all get together to do something else. 

@Mcakes Oh that soup looked good!

@Mcakes  Ahhhhh The Sephora group shopping at Sephora was so fun!  Not even a frozen credit card could stop it cause this group takes care of each other๐Ÿ˜Ž.  Look at all those awesome smiles!  Not even cancelled Sephoria could stop us!  

6DE60D16-4D48-4326-86DC-EDDCCDB7045B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

So great to meet everyone face-to-face! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi , @heartsmyface ,

Look at those happy faces, shopping at Sephora!  They tell the story!  Just happy to be together.

We really were so happy to meet one another and just be able to spend time together @tsavorite! Day 1 may have dampened our hair and soaked our clothes but not our spirits. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi , I expected that of all of you!

@itsfi  You are so fun!!  I canโ€™t wait to see you again!

I had a blast hanging out, hearts - coffee, Japanese food, finding hearts along the way for impromptu photo ops! โ™ฅ๏ธ So much fun from start to finish, @heartsmyface

@itsfi You are the brightest light! I am so happy that I finally got to meet and squeeze you โค๏ธ Thank you for being so amazing always, and for making sure our hands were germ free ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Awww @Mcakes!! I was so thrilled to meet everyone and happy to have time to chat with you. You are as lovely (inside and out) in person as you have been on the boards, even more so, actually! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi I feel the same about you! Youโ€™re everything that I love about the Community all bottled up. Canโ€™t wait to see you again soon!

@Mcakes - I heard about the state of emergency declaration yesterday.  My first thought was how that would affect Sephoria.  Thanks for sharing.  Love the pics and group photo!  I'm sorry for the unpleasant turn of events! ๐Ÿ˜–

@Titian06 It definitely dampened our plans, but very grateful we werenโ€™t harmed. Seeing videos of the subways and other areas with extreme flooding made me feel sad for those who were greatly affected by it. 

@Mcakes  @Titian06  It was baaaad out there!  We did make the best of it!  Notably, we were all smiling ear to ear just happy to be together while in the venue after the cancellation.  I think we knew we were going to have fun we just didnโ€™t know what form it would take.  I still think drinks and makeovers would have been a fun afternoon.  Maybe another time and another year in another hotel.  Haha, the rooms wereโ€ฆ.travel sized. 

@heartsmyface travel sized omg that has me kicking and laughing.

I love the photo but I'm so sorry the flood happened! 

@curlychiquita Yes it was a sad day! 

Sorry about the bad weather ladies. I pray that itโ€™s somehow get better tomorrow and Sunday for you ๐Ÿ˜˜

@blackkitty2014 We got very lucky that the weather cooperated a little better for the second day!

Thatโ€™s terrible luck for you all. Glad youโ€™re making lemonade out of emergency lemons!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 565 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos17
  • IMG_3751.jpeg
  • IMG_3764.jpeg
  • IMG_3757.jpeg
  • IMG_3772.jpeg
  • IMG_3777.jpeg
  • 45B52BD6-2004-4DE5-8BDB-25F753407D92.jpeg