Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

New hourglass mascara thoughts?

The mascara is fairly new so not too sure how many of you have tried it yet. I saw the description say smudge and flake proof. I'm quite skeptical of these claims since I've only been successful with Japanese brand mascaras not smudging. Has anyone tried it yet? Someone that also has a lot of smudging issues with mascara? Thoughts? Is it easy to remove? Please no Influenster reviews .. Thanks!

Re: New hourglass mascara thoughts?

"Please no Influenster reviews"- gets 70 influenster reviews. Like WTF, I know U.S. schools aren't the best in the world but they did still teach you to read last I checked 😂

I Know this is super late, but I found it has a lot of staying power. It coats well and the applicator is fine for me and it doesn't leave clumps. However, it also makes my lashes super straight and hard and it is difficult to get them to hold a curl with this. I have never seen anything like it. The Mascara is fine, but I personally will try something else next time.

I really can't with these Influenster reviews.

I bought it during the VIB sale, and the jury is still out for me. I've worn it only 2-3 times so far, and each time I applied it rather quickly because I was getting ready for work. My opinion might change when I've been able to take my time with it. I don't find the handle particularly comfortable, which then makes me feel like I don't have a good grip on it. I like the tapered brush, but I don't think the bristles really "grab" at my lashes to coat them with product. Does that make sense? I will say that I've had no issues with smudging or flaking yet, and that's impressive as I wear contacts and suffer from occasional watery eyes. I even got rained on yesterday and it didn't run! It came off pretty easily after cleansing my face and doing an additional swipe over my eyes with micellar water. No rubbing required. 

I honestly like this mascara I don’t have any complaints about it. It looks great and applies easily. I have not had any instances where it will flake so I like that. Other mascaras I have used like the Better than Sex flakes easily. But I do think it provides nice length. I received this product complimentary for testing purposes.  2028F3A6-6A18-4A89-BC78-83A5E26363DD.jpeg

EB165218-6A9E-4856-AAB7-2D8BEB7844E4.jpeg

148A44CE-7D5A-4CA7-9399-86B4D6C6FD57.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Just like everyone else I know you didn't want influenster post but I am not going to lie to get mascara or lie to some so they purchase a $27 dollar mascara. I have been using the tarte 4-1 lights, camera, lashes and I am in love with it. It is also easy to find on sale and stock up on when I run out. 

Truthfully, caution by hourglass is a high quality mascara and would purchase again. For me it doesn't smudge nor flake and doesn't clump my eye lashes together. It does get clumpy if you apply more than once, so for me It wasn't a friendly buildable. On the flip side, you truly do not need to build it because it does a fantastic job at volumizing and lengthening. Hourglass is also going to cruelty free by 2020 (some year around that) which is also another reason to love this brand.

If you are going to buy an expensive mascara I would say this is a great option. If you want high quality that you can find on sale (non slave price is $4 less than caution hourglass) I would go for tarte 4-1 lights camera lashes. 

I did receive this product complimentary for reviewing purposes.

I received this product complimentary for testing purposes.” The only thing i dislike about it is that it clumps. I tried to remove the excess from the wand. But that didn’t work. It adds length and makes them look like i have on extensions.  

Anonymous Insider

I'm obsessed with it! It's my new go-to. It doesn't transfer at all which is the best part and makes my lashes huge. I'm so glad Influenster sent it to me for free though because it's expensive.

IMG_4095.JPG

Anonymous Insider

It lengthens really well!It lengthens really well!

Not a lot of lift/curl, but lots of length!Not a lot of lift/curl, but lots of length!

This Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash mascara does a great job of lengthening and adding volume to my short eyelashes. My eyelashes are also flat, but this mascara does not lift or curl. Had some clumping issues but no flaking or transferring! I received this product complimentary for testing purposes. Via Influenster.

It's a really nice mascara, there's no flaking or bloated look, also no racoon look, I had to touch and scratch my eyes and the mascara stayed flawless. I received this product complimentary for testing purposes, and I loved it.

Anonymous Insider

I love this mascara. No smudging or flaking for me. 

I received this product complimentary for testing purposes

This mascara is the best high-end mascara I have tried. I usually double up my mascaras and use at least two at a time (one for length and one for volume), but did not need to double up or use any other mascara with this one. It definitely gives you a full, false lash look. The only reason I am not giving this five stars is because it is a little clumpy. You need to apply it slowly and brush it through your lashes.  I received this product for free to test but this is my honest opinion. 
Anonymous Insider

Received this as a free sample for testing purposes! At first I was skeptical of this mascara. Most mascaras at first use have a ton of product on the wand, but this was seemed to not have much at all. Which was great for me because I hate when there’s too much product. Though, it did seem kind of dry & flakey once I started using it more I started to love it and now it’s my go to. It gives me just the right amount of volume for a day look. But, if I want a more dramatic look it’s buildable w/out being flakey. Def gonna purchase! 69299385-FB8D-4960-92C9-6B5069F4B42D.jpeg

2EA3C2BE-E212-457A-9824-C42BF01058C8.jpeg

I've seen a lot of people complaining about this mascara but for me works perfectly! It's being the only mascara I've been using everyday and I get a really good final look. I received this product complimentary for testing purposes. - but this is my real opinion. 

It’s an AWFUL mascara. It creates chunky, undefined, flaky lashes. Absolute garbage. Don’t get it. 

I received this product for free through influenster but honestly it wasn't that great. I don't like clumpy lashes, I like more natural, so it was pretty hard for me to use this product and make it look amazing. It's definitively more for girls who like dramatic lashes. I can make it work because it was for a review... but I wouldn't spend my money on it. 

Anonymous Insider

I know you asked for no influenster reviews but I want to give you my honest opinion. When I first used the product I loved that it went on easily but I was less than impressed with the volume! Now that I have been using it a bit more frequently I feel like that my eyelashes get stuck together quickly and it’s not even worth going for a second coat if you don’t do it immediately! Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s worth the price. I did receive this product complimentary for testing purposes in exchange for my honest review. 

Hourglass Caution™ Extreme Lash Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 9.4 g

Anonymous Insider

I received this maskera free for my honest opinion and review, and I just thought it was mehh.... Like it didn't do any more for my lashes then a cheaper maybellen one I had last month. But it's true that it didn't flake!

Anonymous Insider

I’m absolutely obsessed with the Hourglass mascara! It makes my eyelashes look 10x longer and fuller than they actually are!! It doesn’t get smear onto my eyelids like some mascaras tend to do and it’s so easy to apply. I don’t think I will ever be able to use another mascara again. So pleased!A235E8DD-CF31-4DF3-A410-10E1AAAD3D39.jpeg

The hourglass mascara was not what I was expecting at all. It didn’t add and volume and it made my lashes clumpy and stuck together. It was very thick textured on the brush and weighed my lashes down. I received this product complimentary for testing purposes.

I know you said no Influenster, but all opinions are my own so I'll give my two cents as well. I'm honestly not a fan of this product. It was a really natural look and really light and I like a dark, bold mascara that borderlines on falsies. This is a good mascara to throw in my purse as a backup. I had issues with smudging when I put it on my lower lashes. The one positive was really pretty and luxurious packaging! I received this for free for testing purposes.

I typically don’t stray away from my favorite Bobbi Brown mascara but I’ve been testing the new Hourglass CAUTION mascara for the past month or so and I am not disappointed! I’m used to a thicker, fluffy mascara brush so this thinner one requires a more precise application method, in my opinion, which is a bit annoying if you’re in a rush or just looking to do a quick makeup application. However, I love how it lengthens my lashes! It doesn’t thicken them as much as a mascara with a thicker brush would but if you’re looking for length over volume, this is a great mascara to start with. This is my first time trying hourglass cosmetics as I received this product complimentary for testing purposes but I’ll definitely be looking into the brand a bit more now. 

75 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos31
  • AC75C4FA-0904-44D5-A538-C5986883BDC3.jpeg
  • EF1E2685-16E5-4571-8FEF-2B0F771A61A5.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20180721-144720_Instagram.jpg
  • 20180711_113009.jpg
  • IMG_9451.JPG
  • 35882673_1555241891252091_1027023154029002752_o.jpg
  • 411C2E3E-23FD-4F92-9BAC-AFF6EA02AFEB.jpeg
  • AC5809EC-96D2-46A2-9C8B-2C24245C5EAF.png
  • IMG_0342.jpg