Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Best EYE LINER pencil that does NOT SMUDGE?

I’m looking for a good quality pencil eyeliner for my water line, I’m trouble finding one that doesn’t transfer and give you raccoon eyes by the end of my shift. Help!

RE: Best EYE LINER pencil that does NOT SMUDGE?

I know you asked for a pencil specifically but I’m going to plug Kat VonD’s tattoo ink liner. It’s a felt tip but has amazing precision, doesn’t feel like a “liquid” and does not transfer or smudge!

RE: Best EYE LINER pencil that does NOT SMUDGE?

Mally Beauty cream liners. Not as precise as the thin gel liners because it’s a bit bigger but it last all day on me. Marc Jacobs also smudge on me.

Re: Best EYE LINER pencil that does NOT SMUDGE?

@Yaralie The best I tried is Ardency Inn eyeliners 

@Yaralie 

I've tried many eye pencils in my waterline, and sadly, none of them seem to work for me. The only thing that does work is Inglot Duraline. It's a mixing medium, and you mix it with a little eyeshadow (any brand, any color), and apply to your waterline. Sadly, it's not as quick and easy as a pencil, but it lasts ALL DAY for me. (Marc Jacobs gave me 30ish minutes for reference)

@RGbrown @Yaralie  just a little too.  If you wipe your waterline dry with a Q-Tip before applying your eyeliner it can help make it last longer cause it will be drying on a dry surface and not a wet oily one;)  you might want to try that and see if it helps you with what you already have. 

@heartsmyface 

I've gone so far as to dip a qtip in toner and clean my lash line, then dry it off. Duraline is still really the only thing that works for me on the waterline. 😐

RE: Re: Best EYE LINER pencil that does NOT SMUDGE?

I appreciate it, if nothing else works I will definitely try the Inglot thank you very much for the tip!!

Hi @Yaralie ,

I suggest MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyelinerand the LANCôME - DRAMA LIQUI-PENCIL™ Longwear Eyeliner. They are very pigmented and do not smudge. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thank you Janean💕I did buy the Lancôme one, and it’s perfect!

Thank you so much!! I will try the Lancôme as I’ve already tried the Marc Jacobs one with no luck

@winkrain thank you! I usually put the eye shadow first on the bottom waterline then apply the eyeliner, but I will try your recommendation and do it the other way around, thanks for the tip!! 🙂

Re: RE: Re: Best EYE LINER pencil that does NOT SMUDGE?

Do you set the eyeliner with eyeshadow afterwards?  I find I have to go over with eyeshadow to get gel eyeliner to stay.

Hi @Yaralie,

I have oily eyelids, so I have to be super careful about what eyeliners I use because they easily smudge. My holy grail is the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner. These do no smear or smudge on my oily eyelids.

For extra protection, use an eye primer underneath. I really love the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

<333

Sadly, I had no luck with the Marc Jacobs eyeliner it bled, AND then it was really hard to wipe out the bleeding part at work. It’s funny it bled but then that part wouldn’t come off so raccoon eyes all day. Thank you though, for taking the time to reply!

Re: RE: Re: Best EYE LINER pencil that does NOT SMUDGE?

Ooh I don't know if you're still looking but Revlon Colorstay eyeliners stay put and do not smudge or give you raccoon eyes. I know they're not a sephora product but they're a staple in my makeup bag because they are so effective. Good luck!

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing