Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Allergic reaction to Huda Beauty powder Banana Bread

I just bought this powder and I am getting red blotches around my eyes. I was reading online that these products are not “clean” and they use known allergens. Never happened to me before with other brands however.

Anyone else had this issue? I noticed some people had issues with their eye shadow. Thanks

Re: Allergic reaction to Huda Beauty powder Banana Bread

I had the same issue with Huda beauty nude palette. Hope your eyes are better now. 
I was wondering have you tried different nude palette that has worked for you ? Thanks in advance! @Chanel105 

I'm sorry that you're having an issue, @Chanel105, but that honestly has nothing to do with a formula or brand being "clean" or not.  "Clean" is a very ambiguous term and the Beauty Community tends to use it fairly loosely.  Unfortunately it sounds like you're sensitive to one of the ingredients--which is definitely too bad--and I hope that your skin feels better soon.

@Chanel105  I’m so sorry this happened to you.  An antihistamine both orally and in eye drop form can help if you can tolerate them.
also be sure to take a photo of the ingredient list on the powder if it’s your prime suspect so that if you have a reaction to anything in the future you can more easily pinpoint the culprit ingredient you should try to avoid.  

It’s not about what ingredients are ‘clean’ necessarily (clean is a marketing term that doesn’t have much meaning) but about what ingredients you have developed a sensitivity toward.  It could also be cumulative and you could be responding both to, say, springtime allergens AND the makeup was what pushed you to have a reaction.   I hope you’re able to identity what it is that’s caused the blotchiness.  red eyes are never comfortable:(  

Just to play it safe and help with faster healing, try using fragrance free products as much as you can and give your pillowcases an extra rinse to remove any residual fragrance from them.  Perfumes/fragrance can exasperate skin that’s reacting to other triggers. 

If you’re looking for a banana powder that’s a cult classic Ben Nye Banana Powder is excellent.  It’s got no frills packaging but it’s a solid product. 

@Chanel105 Hello. I own #HUDA BEAUTY Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder Banana Bread . I have not had this issue. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a reaction.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing