Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My insomnia won! And after doing a search to make sure there wasnt a thread already out there....thos question popped into my head a couple of days ago. I think mine was either Tarte True Blood eyeshadow palette🧛‍♀️ (irl pics to come) or the beloved Urban Decay Naked-the OG. What was yours?🤔🤔🤔🤔👀👀👀And thanks to @SportyGirly125  what's is your most expensive palette?604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg

41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

I, too am guilty of the never-touched palettes. @Mialioni I even joined the 100 day shade challenge to push me to use my stash more. It did, but then I got lazy posting. But it did make me realize-i mostly wear neutrals & I don't need anymore palettes!

@PinkEvergreen 🙋‍♀️ guilty of buying the mini palettes c...

@PinkEvergreen 🙋‍♀️ guilty of buying the mini palettes cause they are soooo cute. And small. good for travel. the list of reasons I tell myself I need another palette is long!🤣

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

@sonnydee  And this is why companies are now pushing singles and mini palettes. Palette saturation is happening to everyone and big palette sales are cooling off big time. However, everyone has room for “just” a single or “just” a Huda mini palette, riiight? 😉 (Shocker: Huda Neon Pink made it into my collection last month!)

Roughly three years ago is when I started getting into makeup, and Tarte was the first non-drugstore brand I discovered. I don't remember now exactly which one of these came first, but these were the first two palettes I bought. It took me roughly 60 seconds to realize 50 shades of brown wasn't my thing, so these were probably the first things to hit my declutter box too. I don't think I ever touched the left one (although now that I'm reopening them, I could probably use some of those purples in the right one 🤔 argh, no, I can probably dupe them in the rest of my palettes 😋)

IMG_20190623_223150999.jpg

IMG_20190623_223227044.jpg

@RGbrown project pan? 😋

@sonnydee 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Panning anything is not in my future lol. I have probably 40ish palettes I love enough to keep, but only wear makeup a couple of times a week. That's a whole lotta eyeshadow for only one set of eyes 😂

Hi @sonnydee ,

My very first high end eyeshadow palette purchase was also the original Urban Decay Naked Palette! I remember how in love I was with all of the shades (especially sin and half baked). Not to mention the brush! 

Best,

Laurie 🙂 

I wish they wouldve updated the packaging instead of retiring it @LaurieBT ! It really did have it all!

@sonnydee Such a fun question! My first palette was the Naked3 which I absoluteley loved and just (very recently) had to part with as it was well over 5 years old and upgraded to the KA Nudepop (also friggin fantastic). My most expensive would be the controversial NATASHA DENONA - Safari All Matte Eyeshadow Palette. I know it's not a lot of people's favorite of her palettes, but I honestly think it is perfect as it has a great range of shades and I am super into mattes 

I actually have a hard time with the N3. It seems I have to build & build....the safari does look great for a matte lover! @Brutalitops 

@sonnydee The color payoff on the N3 wasn't always great, to be sure, but it actually worked in my favor because I wasn't ready for much in the way of bold colors on my crazy white skin LOL

@Brutalitops  I picked this one up too when it was on sale. I like it! I do think the cooler tones are harder to work with but I still love it.

@makeitup305 Totally agreed on the cooler tones, but since I use makeup generally like once a week the extra effort isn't that big of a deal to me

My first quality pallet was a mac one! But my first one that was 100+ was the PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seductionand let me tell you it was worth every penny!

Say yesssss to Pat. @annaSEA anything! Doesn't matter!😍😍😍😍😍😍

A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My very first one was the Tarte Amazonian Clay eyeshadow palette, the first one I ever bought, however, was the Too Faced Just Peachy palette. If I need a super subtle and pretty look, it is still my go to, I just add the tiniest bit of sparkle with Sephora's champagne coloured shadow.

@quillen Beautiful look! 😊

Very pretty @quillen thank you for sharing!

RE: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My first high end was the naked 2 palette, and to this day I am convinced they reformulated it.

Re: RE: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

@Merganopoly you panned the first N2 & bought another one-& the quality was different?🤔

Oh my gosh, so much nostalgia!!! 😁My first high end makeup palette was Urban Decay Naked2 Palette Naked2, which my boyfriend bought me for our very first Valentine's Day as a couple roughly 3 and a half years ago. I still use it constantly!!! I feel like the first high end palette someone gets usually ends up being a go-to for life!!! Ahhh... I love it!!! 💖The most expensive palettes I own are my UD Game of Thrones and Alice in Wonderland eyeshadow palettes!!! 🙃Gotta get that limited edition. @sonnydee 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • 41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg
  • 604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg
  • UD_BookOfShadowsIV_20181211_155159.jpg
  • TomFord_EyeQuad_SeductiveRose_20190617_004215.jpg
  • 44F6157A-1C49-4A62-9A88-AE4E8A1DC315.jpeg
  • 11D9C4CA-2FE1-4B4B-8654-1F72284BE5A7.jpeg
  • 3DEA4740-B13D-4F1A-BAA6-5B67A97886E6.jpeg
  • rad.jpeg
  • IMG_20190623_223150999.jpg