Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

My insomnia won! And after doing a search to make sure there wasnt a thread already out there....thos question popped into my head a couple of days ago. I think mine was either Tarte True Blood eyeshadow palette🧛‍♀️ (irl pics to come) or the beloved Urban Decay Naked-the OG. What was yours?🤔🤔🤔🤔👀👀👀And thanks to @SportyGirly125  what's is your most expensive palette?604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg

41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

@SchylarR .. Of yeah, the Alice in wonderland collection.  I was pretty broke when it came out, I remember just staring at it 😩

Re: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

I horde Sephora gift cards like a crazy woman so when limited edition things come out that I am DYYYYING to get (like the Alice in Wonderland palette) those bad boys come in handy!!! 😄 @danielledanielle 

Yuppppp @SchylarR even though, I still havent used either the got or the Alice. I know, I'm bad😞 so many eyeshadows & only 2 eyes😎

The GOT palette is pretty but a bit hard to work with (just because there aren't a lot of mattes or transition shades). However, the Alice in Wonderland palette is like a win-win-win!!! It is perfection!!! 😍 @sonnydee 

Mine was the TOO FACED - The Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

It was the year it was released I think, because I have the thicker packaging. I have so many others now, and Too Faced isn't really a brand I gravitate toward anymore, but I still highly recommend any of the Chocolate Bar palettes to beginners.

ETA: Oh my most expensive palette is the Pat McGrath Decadence!

Agreed And it smells terrific too! @suzyo 

RE: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

Hello!! Wow my first sort of high end palette was the Too Faced Smokey eye palette the one that came with the green shadow and included 3 cards and a little drawer with 3 brushes. And it look chonky

this one ?@idanyd I had to do some digging....they must h...

this one ?@idanyd I had to do some digging....they must have came out with different shades with the slender packaging..

RE: A curious mind wants to know! What was you first high end eyeshadow palette purchase?

I’m pretty sure it was the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette

@KehDee pretty colors but sadly I dont use it often...had...

@KehDee pretty colors but sadly I dont use it often...had to have the set though 😋 ocdrules!

@sonnydee, a trip down memory lane...my first high end was the og Naked and very soon after,  the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette Naked2 My most expensive was Viseart Grande Pro Volume I Eyeshadow Palette 30 x eyeshadows No regrets whatsoever.  All three are sitting pretty in my collection 😊🤗

wow that viseart @angelKiss24 😍😍😍swoon, I could look a...

wow that viseart @angelKiss24 😍😍😍swoon, I could look at it all day!😍😍😍

Re: wow that viseart @angelKiss24 😍😍😍swoon, I could look a...

Now if only they'd make a Grande Pro 3 with the shade range like that of the Dark Mattes 🤞🤞🤞 @sonnydee 

@sonnydee mine was actually Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Naked3

I remember spending the longest time debating whether to pick that one of the original Naked and picking the 3 after much deliberation. Honestly, I should’ve gone with the original Naked, I barely ever wore that palette but it definitely kicked off my addiction to eyeshadow palettes.

@makeitup305 did you ever get the og?

@makeitup305 did you ever get the og?

I believe my first high end purchase was a 6-pan MAC holiday jewel eyeshadow palette that I think came out in the early 00’s. @sonnydee I was such a huge fan of True Blood and completely missed out on purchasing that palette. I didn’t really care for the shadows but just wanted it for sentimental fandom. 

I only got the palette @Mrose251 the colors are ones I wo...

I only got the palette @Mrose251 the colors are ones I would wear but only this year, have I rearranged my palette collection so I can use them. Before I had them all tucked away safe in my closet from my minis hands👶

My first purchased one was a Lorac one that I used in high school. Other than that I usually got the Lancome ones that were from gifts with purchase that my mom passed on to me.

such a nice mom! 😘@Anastasiya13 Lancomes gwp are always...

such a nice mom! 😘@Anastasiya13 Lancomes gwp are always so generous!

Lancome.  I wore nothing but for many years--probably 1984 through 2006--when I began wearing Smashbox.  Then I started wearing Urban Decay and the Naked Basics and Naked 3 palette are perfect for me.

what made you change? 🤔@flamingolegs

what made you change? 🤔@flamingolegs
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • 41kDAtLwpgL._SX355_.jpg
  • 604214916630_naked_alt1.jpg
  • UD_BookOfShadowsIV_20181211_155159.jpg
  • TomFord_EyeQuad_SeductiveRose_20190617_004215.jpg
  • 44F6157A-1C49-4A62-9A88-AE4E8A1DC315.jpeg
  • 11D9C4CA-2FE1-4B4B-8654-1F72284BE5A7.jpeg
  • 3DEA4740-B13D-4F1A-BAA6-5B67A97886E6.jpeg
  • rad.jpeg