Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Thank sweet Jesus, this a much needed thread. Thanks ladies❤️

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@EuniceO you maybe interested in this thread

Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

KNC24 Thanks a million💕

RE: Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@EuniceO glad you’re here. I keep calling it a group cause I feel it will become a group.

Thanks @KNC24 for spreading the word about this thread

RE: Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@ElleElleG I’m glad to this help this group grow. I think when the mods see a active group that’s large it will give them a more convincing argument for their supervisors to give us a group.

Re: RE: Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾  @KNC24 

@Anonymous check out this group.

Yessss this thread is so needed!!!! Right now I'm in a struggle for new foundation because I have been working to clear acne and dark spots from my oily face! So I'm alot lighter NOW all my foundation too dark! I was matched as a 2y12 but now their saying 1y12 and put me in fenty 370 lancome 470 with neutral/golden undertones...ANYONE wear fenty 370 and how is that holding up?? Lancome tends to leave me oily at the end of the day...thanks

I have the same issue I am 460w in Lancome and I use makeupforever step 1 as a primer and I set it with my katvonD lock it setting powder before applying  my foundation and it keeps the oil away and my look always lasts throughout the day.

@ChinaDoll850 I am not your shade but I have both foundations you mentioned and like them both.  With the Lancome I find I need to use a more mattifying primer and/or apply my setting powder differently if I want to minimize oil throughout the day.  With the Fenty I can still get oily, but not nearly as much.

Oh okay what primer and setting powder do you use? I'm going to go get a sample of fenty tomorrow and get a sample of lancome cuz the one I have is 360 I believe and it now look redish on me when it has settled! 

Fenty works nicely for people with oily skin. I have dry skin so I looked crazy, however, my niece who is acneic and oily looks perfect in it, along with many other ladies here. 

@mrsbaine can I ask what primer and foundation that you use? My mom has dry skin and wants to try a different primer to make Fenty work. I think she needs a new primer and foundation. I want to send her a good primer and foundation. I know you’re a fancy lady and would have great recommendations 

😊 my favorite foundation now is Nars AllDay Luminous which is only part fancy @KNC24.😂😂😂 I either use Guerlain's Gold primer or MUFE primer. The NARS one is tricky. One pump is really all you need. 

@KRB2014 tried to tag you but used the wrong tag Name.

@KNC24 - Thank you for tagging me! I will definitely be participating. 😊

RE: Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@KRB2014 you are so welcome 🤗

@krb214. New group to share with

@ChinaDoll850. Hopefully you can enjoy your bday month with a new group.

Thanks for tagging me!! 

testing