cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|
Anonymous Insider

sephora charged me twice for an order

i placed an order online not too long ago, and it shows that one order was placed on my sephora account. however, my online bank statement shows that i was charged the same amount twice. is this normal? how do i get this fixed?

Re: sephora charged me twice for an order

Hi there,

the same happend to me. I was charged twice. What can i do?

Hi @mafer4551,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll send you a message.

Best regards,

Laurie

The same thing happened to me. I am opening a claim with my credit card. Very disappointed with Sephora. I thought very highly of this store! Here are more information about the transaction: Bought an item on Oct 15 online. Returned it to a store on Oct 19. Discovered from my credit card statement that I was charged twice - one on Oct 15, the other on Oct 19. Called customer service, they could not help me as only one charge appears in their system. When back to the store where I returned the item. They also could not help me as only the return was in their records. What is the most disappointing is that nobody in Sephora contacted me to help me resolve this issue. I am a VIB member. I will mention this incident to all my friends who loves sephora. Just be aware that this can happen to you

Rowena

Anonymous Insider

Hi Yiabee,

The additional transaction amounts from Sephora.com that you are seeing on your credit card or debit account are temporary authorizations from failed order attempts. These will drop from your account by your financial institution usually within 3 to 5 business days. You will not be charged for these attempts.

If you continue to see the pending authorizations after 5 business days, please contact us toll-free at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) so that one of our Beauty Advisors can assist you further.

xo, Mia

Anonymous Insider

Hi Mia, I placed an order yesterday. When I looked at my online bank statement, apparently I have been charged twice for this order ( well not yet, they're on "pending" status). On my sephora account, it says I only made one order, which I did. I would like my money back from the second order which I apparently made but I didn't as soon as possible(since i have to pay some bills quite soon). If I am in the same situation as the other woman and I have to wait 3-5 business days for my money back, can I please have an explanation on why people can get charged twice and why you guys hold people's money in their accounts for things they did not pay for? It would be very much appreciated for a reply asap.

Thank you.

Astrid

Same thing happened to me and I'm wanting my money back as well. I too would like an explanation of possible...because it kinda sucks...

Same thing happened to me twice! I've shopped at Sephora for so many years and suddenly the past two times I ordered, I've had issues with payment. First time, they charged me once but cancelled the order, claimed it was because my new address didn't match my billing address, but the funds came out of my account. The person I spoke to on the phone re-ordered the order, charging my account a second time without asking my permission. Now my account was overdrawn. I disputed it with my bank and they put the money back. Guess I should've learned, but I ordered again yesterday, and their website did the same thing. It took the money out of my account but cancelled the order. After talking yet again through numerous rude people who claimed they could not help me and that it was all my bank's fault, I called my bank like last time and again they told me my billing address was correct and that the money taken out is not "pending" but actually taken out and they gave me an authorization code to give sephora to prove that it's not PENDING or TEMPORARY, but of course, like always, they just argued with me. So tomorrow I have to drive to my original bank branch and actually have the guy who opened my account call Sephora. Meanwhile, that money is still missing from my account. AGAIN. Without an order. AGAIN. I have never been so frustrated dealing with Sephora's horrible customer service. They don't listen to anything I'm saying or that my bank is saying, they just talk in circles saying the same thing over and over again that isn't true! 

27 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing