Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

"Out of Stock" Order Cancelled

Super frustrated with Sephora's customer service right now:

• purchased a tarte lipstick for $19.60 February 14
  • February 16 at 10:51 pm EST I received an email that it was out of stock and my order was cancelled
  • A few minutes later I went on the website to check the item status - it was (and still is) in stock, but the price was now $28
  • 11:03 pm EST I submitted a ticket asking for clarification
  • I was told the item temporarily went out of stock and is now back in stock
  • After going back and forth with multiple client services reps, I was also told that if I still want it I have to repurchase at regular price and there is no way I can get it for price I originally paid

I am unsure when it temporarily went "out of stock" in this duration, but it must have been quite a short period of time. It seems a bit unfair that I now have to pay the current price when I was notified of the cancellation two days after ordering and upon immediately checking the product page it was actually listed as in stock. I can understand having to repurchase at the regular price if it was out of stock for an extended amount of time, but from what I can tell it was restocked almost immediately. In that case the price originally paid should be honored for orders that were placed prior to the price change. From my side it almost looks as if sale price orders were cancelled so that Sephora wouldn't have to fulfill them and could instead get people to pay full price.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: "Out of Stock" Order Cancelled

Hi @sparklemeow,

I'm sorry for the trouble and I'm happy to take a look in more detail. I'll send you a message shortly.

Warm regards,

Laurie

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing