Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support

US COVID-19 UPDATE REGARDING SHIPPING DELAYS 4/24

To Our Valued Sephora Clients,

We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe during these uncertain times.

With extended store closures, we are receiving a high volume of online orders following our annual Spring Savings Event. We have also implemented health and safety measures in our distribution centers that in some cases result in fewer people than usual processing orders at one time. As a result, we are unfortunately experiencing significant shipping delays. Our Customer Service team is also experiencing higher volume than normal, resulting in long Customer Service wait times.

Will my Sephora shipment be delayed due to COVID-19?

All of our distribution centers (DCs) are currently open and processing online orders. During this time, we have implemented every safety and hygiene measure recommended by the CDC, as well as additional safeguards, to protect our employees and clients. These increased safety measures, and the space required by social distancing, mean we have less people than usual processing orders at once, which has an impact on our delivery times. With this in mind, we appreciate your continued patience if you experience a delay in your shipment. You can visit your account on Sephora.com or our app to check the status of your order at any time and find your expected delivery date under “Track Orders” then “View Details”. Thank you for your loyalty, and know that our teams are working as quickly and safely as possible to get your order to you.

How can I get in touch with Customer Service?

Sephora’s Customer Service team is looking forward to assisting you. However, due to our extended store closures and following our Spring Savings promotion, we are experiencing higher contacts than normal, resulting in long Customer Service wait times. For the fastest service, please contact us using chat or phone. We apologize for delays and appreciate your patience while we work to assist you as quickly as possible.

When will my order ship? Why does the status remain “In Progress”?

With our retail stores closed, and following our Spring Savings Event, we are processing a higher volume of online orders than normal, resulting in order processing delays. The safety of our distribution center employees and our clients is our top priority, and the workforce safety precautions we have implemented at all our facilities allow for fewer people than usual to process orders at one time. Please allow a few additional days from the posted delivery date to allow for processing and carrier delays. You will receive an email if the delivery date is updated, as well as email confirmation once your order ships. If your order has been split into multiple shipments, you will receive additional shipment confirmation emails as the items continue to ship.

An item that I ordered is now out of stock and my order has not shipped. Will I receive the item?

By placing your order, you’ve successfully reserved the item so that it will be added to your order when it is processed. Items go out of stock online once all inventory for that item is allocated to placed orders. 

The authorization on my method of payment has fallen off and I haven’t been charged yet, but my order also hasn’t shipped.  Will my order still be shipped to me?

Yes, your order will still ship to you, and you will be charged when the order ships.  Authorizations remain on your account for different time periods, but even if the authorization falls off, your order will still ship.

Why is my shipment delayed?

With extended store closures, we are receiving a high volume of online orders, particularly following our annual Spring Savings Event. We have also implemented health and safety measures in our distribution centers that in some cases result in fewer people than usual processing orders at one time. That means we are unfortunately experiencing significant shipping delays and cannot process orders immediately as we would typically do.

When will my credit card get charged?

Your credit card will not be charged until your order is shipped.

What if I want to cancel my order?

We appreciate your patience while we focus on the health and safety of our employees and clients and work to get your order to you as quickly and safely as possible. After you place your order in the US, you have 1-2 hours to cancel if you have Flash shipping; you have 12 hours to cancel if you do not have Flash shipping. If you place your order in Canada with standard shipping, you will have 6 hours to cancel. If you’re still within the given time frame, go to your order details and click “Cancel Your Order.” You can access this page by clicking “Order Details” on this link or – if you know your order number - simply add your order number to the end of this URL sephora.com/profile/orderdetail/[insert your order number]

Why can’t I view the order I just placed in my Recent Orders?

Orders will not be found in your Order History if you did not login to your Beauty Insider account or if you used Guest Checkout. If you received an order confirmation email, your order has been placed. Once the order ships, you will receive an additional shipping confirmation email.

I placed an order and I am seeing multiple authorizations on my method of payment, does this mean I have been charged multiple times?

You are likely seeing multiple authorizations and not charges. You will only be charged one time once the item ships.

Will I receive the exact samples I selected at checkout? 

Due to the high volume of orders being placed, our samples are going out of stock faster than usual. Our distribution centers are doing their best to fulfill the requested samples for each order. If the samples you selected go out of stock, you may receive different samples. We appreciate your understanding.

Is my package safe?

We have implemented every health and safety measure recommended by the CDC, as well as additional safeguards, to promote a safe and productive environment in our distribution centers for both our employees and our clients.

Why did you have your Spring Savings Event if you knew shipments would be delayed?

We committed to offering our Beauty Insider members spring and holiday savings events on an annual basis, and we wanted to uphold this commitment. We appreciate your understanding that current circumstances have resulted in delayed shipping and delivery of orders.

How are you taking care of your distribution center employees?

Our distribution centers have implemented extensive health and safety measures to promote a safe environment. This includes contactless temperature checks for distribution center employees before they begin working and having teams work in smaller groups to reduce social contact across the center and quickly identify, if necessary, employees who have been in contact with each other.

Additionally, beginning March 23, we increased pay by $2 per hour worked for all distribution center employees, and this will continue until stores reopen.

Please visit this thread for an update on shipping delays in Canada.

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing