cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

Summer Bonus 2019 Thread Image.png

Clear your calendar, fill your basket, and get ready to shop because Summer Bonus is right around the corner. Here’s a breakdown of the event:

Rouge, you get first access to the event. This means you get 20% off some of the hottest beauty products in store and online before anyone else. But that’s not all—on Monday, 8/19, you can bring a friend in store and extend your Rouge discount. That’s 20% off for you and your friend when you shop in store.

Don’t worry VIB, you get to join Rouge Tuesday 8/20–Tuesday 8/27 to receive 15% off. Can’t wait to see you all there!

Want more details? Check our FAQs:

What is Summer Bonus promotion?

An exclusive event for Rouge and VIB—and the best excuse to splurge, replenish favorites, and start stocking up on summer newness.

What’s the offer?

Rouge get 20% off and VIB get 15% off. Plus, Rouge (we see you!) get to start saving a day before VIB.

What if I like to order online?

That’s cool. You can redeem the offer on both US and CA sites.

What’s my code to shop?

Rouge & VIB: SUMMERSAVE

Dates, please?

Rouge: Mon 8/19–Tues 8/27

Rouge & VIB: Tues 8/20­–Tues 8/27

Wait, why are the dates split?

As a benefit of top-tier membership, Rouge get first access to the promo.

I’m Rouge! Tell me about Bring a Friend, please.

We’re glad you asked. For one day only, Monday, 8/19, all Rouge clients get to bring a friend to shop with them in store only and share their 20% discount. Your friend has to be enrolled in the Beauty Insider program, and you both must be in store for your friend to receive 20% off.

Can I redeem the offer more than once?

If you forget something the first time around, don’t even stress. The offer can be used in store and online as many times as you want.

Is this offer available in Canada?

Yes!

What about Sephora inside JCPenney?

The offer is valid in Sephora inside JCPenney stores but not on jcp.com.

How long is the offer valid, exactly?

20% offer valid for Rouge members on merchandise purchases made from 8/19/19 through 8/27/19 at 11:59pm PT and 15% offer valid for VIB members on merchandise purchases made from 8/20/19 through 8/27/19 at 11:59pm PT in Sephora U.S. stores, Sephora Canada stores, Sephora inside JCPenney stores, and on sephora.com and sephora.ca. Offer not valid on jcp.com. On Monday, 8/19/19 in stores only, Rouge client and one guest of Rouge who is a member of the Beauty Insider program and is present at the time of redemption will be eligible for 20% off all merchandise purchases.

Are there any exclusions?

In one word, yes. In lots of words: The offer is not valid on The Ordinary products. Clients are limited to the purchase of one dyson-branded item, three Drunk Elephant items, five Morphe items, and three Tatcha items per SKU per transaction. Not valid on in-store services, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards or eGift cards, FLASH, PLAY! by Sephora, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, or shipping & handling charges. No minimum purchase required. Sephora and JCPenney employees are not eligible for these offers. Sephora may modify or cancel offer at any time.

What if I want to return items I bought on sale?                      

It happens! Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Sephora is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen offer materials or barcodes. Offer has no cash value and may not be altered, sold, bartered or transferred.

Are there any shipping restrictions?

Due to heavy demand, Sephora FLASH delivery times cannot be guaranteed for this offer. Not valid on orders shipping outside the U.S. or Canada.

I’m Rouge and have a Rouge Reward. Can I combine my Rouge Reward with the Summer Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offers with the Summer Bonus discount, including Rouge Reward.

I am a Sephora Credit Card holder and have a Credit Card Reward and/or Credit Card first purchase discount of 15% off. Can I stack either offer with the Summer Bonus discount?

You will not be able to combine any other offer with the Summer Bonus discount, including Credit Card Rewards and discounts. To use the Summer Bonus discount instead of your Credit Card first purchase discount, just enter the promo code SUMMERSAVE at checkout. Your Credit Card first purchase discount will still be eligible on your account for you to apply to a purchase for up to 30 days from the approval date of your Sephora Credit Card or Sephora Visa Credit Card.

I am an Insider, do I get to participate in Summer Bonus?

Summer Bonus is for VIB and Rouge members ONLY. If you reach VIB or Rouge status before the event ends on 8/27 then you’ll be able to participate in Summer Bonus. Otherwise if you apply and get approved for our Sephora Credit Card or Sephora Visa Credit Card, you will receive 15% off to apply towards a purchase at Sephora 30 days from your approval date, when you use your new Sephora Credit Card or Sephora Visa Card.

Re: RE: Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

@Sweetkissez Emails haven't gone out yet. Please keep an eye out!

But someone told me they received an email. Are there any tier within rouge members who receive an email first? Thank you!

Some people have received actual mail about it, but no emails.

As stated throughout this thread, emails haven't gone out yet for anyone. They usually go out about 2 days before the sale starts. Some people have received physical mailers in the actual mail, but not emails yet. @Sweetkissez 

Re: Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

@cissii Yes, you can purchase three Drunk Elephant items per SKU per transaction. 

can i purchase my drunk elephant items under multiple transactions?

This is awesome, but wish i had saw this before buying a bunch of stuff Friday, lol. oh well, there is always something i want.

Thanks  for the info! Do you know what time the promotional code will be active on the website Monday? Would it be 12 AM PT or around 3AM for us on the East Coast? There are some items  that have sold out before I could get to them the last two insider sales so I’m trying to stay on top of it this time. Thanks!

I’m a rouge member, but I didn’t get an email about the summer sale. I just stumbled on that while on social media. Why haven’t I received an email? 

Hi @GASarah,

We do not have a specific time for when the promo code will be live. It's best to check it early especially if there is a specific product that you have had your eye on. I hope that this helps and feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions. 🙂

Best,

Zakiya

@beautybuff619 Typically, emails aren't sent until about 2 days before the start of the sale.

I'm excited I get to bring a friend (cousin in law) who will get 20% off as well, but also disappointed that it's only 20% when some BI members had gotten 30% off not long ago

What? When did Sephora have 30% off promo?

What? When did Sephora have 30% off promo?

RE: Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

I’m a rouge for 3 years but I didn’t receive any email or mail about the sale in entire year 2019. I need to search instagram or facebook to know about the sale, what happened??? Every was good before until 2019

Hi @QingS,

I'm so sorry to hear you haven't received any emails from us this year! I will send you a private message to assist you further!

Always,
Danee

This has happened to me as well for the past year, and each time I contact customer service about it they give the verbal equivalent of a shrug and do nothing about it.

Hi @jellytaco and @DaniQM,

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I don't believe emails have been sent out for this promotion yet. However, you should be able to update your subscription settings by logging in on a desktop computer or the mobile site, and visiting your "Email & Mail Preferences" in your Account settings. 

I will take a look at your subscription settings and will send you a private message to help shortly. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie

Thanks for confirming my settings are correct. I understand that emails have not yet gone out for this next sale, but in my post I mentioned that I haven't received emails about ANY sales for at least the past year. I'll make sure to follow-up with you specifically if the problem persists. 

Hi @jellytaco ,

I am very sorry to hear that you have not received emails for previous sales and thank you for clarifying. Yes, please let me know if I may provide any further assistance and I'll be happy to help. 

I also suggest saving the following email addresses to your safe senders list to ensure that you receive emails from Sephora: 

shop@beauty.sephora.com
shop@s.sephora.com
customerservice@beauty.sephora.com

Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie 

I hadn't received any notification about this summer's VIB sale either! Last year I received an email and physical mail when this sale was taking place. 

Summer Bonus 2019 FAQs

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA !!!!!!! @SephoraBIC
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Summer Bonus 2019 Thread Image.png
testing