Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Sephora REFUSES to offer a refund for missing package

I placed an order for the sale detailing $319 along with the extra $10 I paid for 2 day shipping. Items claimed to be delivered on November 10th but has not shown up at my doorstep. I contacted customer service via chat and phone call and was denied a refund and reshipment and essentially placed the blame and responsibility on me. They stated this was because I was helped before and refunded in the past for an order that was $80! How is it that MY fault when I have no

control over events? They stated there was nothing they can do the override the system and I am extremely frustrated. Sephora denying help to customers due to solved resolutions in the past violates the Universal Citation CCC 1723. I am so frustrated I am tempted take this to the FTC and BBB if the issue is not resolved. I still have not been helped.

Re: Sephora REFUSES to offer a refund for missing package

Sephora is great for rectifying lost, stolen or items not in package. If this is something that happens on your account often can you blame them for not believing you? Sounds super suspicious to me I wouldn’t refund either. It’s your responsibility to be there when the pkg arrives or track it. You slandering them or threatening does nothing but prove they were in the right in the first place. It’s you that has the problem on your end. Good job Sephora! Too many people take advantage of this company! Crack down!!!

Funny how my post is the only comment you replied to. Not to victim blaming and accusing me of taking advantage of the system when you have no background on the ordeal or the past one. You are lacking decorum and it shows. Don’t be vile and rude to strangers online, it’s basic netiquette. 

I am in the same boat, this is not the first time I have had items missing. This time they are the two main items of that order (I placed two separate orders the same day, one for make up items, one for shampoo, as I once had the shampoo missing from an order). This time shampoo order was fine, but the make up package was missing two items. And they will not do anything because they have helped me in the past with it. The chat agent told me this happens during sales, that some items are missing, but then was unable to do anything for me. I am baffled… total was over 100$ with taxes. Why do we have to pay if Sephora cannot ensure a quality control when they ship items? I voiced this and felt like they thought I was a liar, and they implied I did not understand how such a big corporation works when it comes to shipping, because I asked if orders were verified before they went out. Hey I’m sorry. We order from amazon often and have never had an issue with items missing in the box. Neither from all the companies I have been ordering from since the pandemic. A phone supervisor told me each box is weighed before leaving and that items can’t be missed. I’m sorry but they ARE… And this is not the first time it happens. One time it was a shampoo! It’s impossible they would not have noticed it was missing from the box. I was told there are cameras that watch too… Well then, please check them for when my order was packed. The solution I was given was to no longer order online, believe me, I WON’T. But my local Sephora does not carry all items I regularly purchase. I am so so disappointed with the “big corporation”, like an employee called it. They don’t even include an invoice or a checklist in the box to show was it supposed to be there. Maybe it would help employees in the shipping department verify all is in the box before sending? I love Sephora and I am a Rouge member for the last year and the next, but I am now in the process of checking online to find other providers for each item I like or order from Sephora. I feel that they are stealing 100$ from me, because I paid for items they did not ship. They do not respect their customers, or value their customers. If this is not resolved, I will contact my credit card company and contest the charges. I made the last purchase before December to renew my Rouge status for next year, but I will close my account because I can’t order with confidence and trust they will send me what I order. Last time I ordered, one item was in a glass container and it was completely shattered. I cut myself while opening the box, there were glass pieces everywhere. A first agent was unhelpful, but a second was. I had pictures of the soaked box, the item and the glass shattered everywhere. But they did not want to see it. They did refund the item. But I had told myself then that THAT was the last order I did… Wish I had listened to myself then. 

Sorry for the long post. This happened today and I am so indignant at the situation that I can’t stop thinking about it and it is giving me anxiety. 100$ is not a lot to Sephora, but it is to me. 

If anyone has experience on how to report this to the BBB or even contesting a charge with your CC, I’d love to hear about it @DaneeBT 

Hi @Christine1981,

I'm sorry to hear about this and I'll send you a message shortly.

Best,

Laurie

I think we should all ban together and file a class action lawsuit. 

Also reach out to various media platforms and let them know how horrible and nefarious Sephora is! 

They are despicable ,deplorable, unacceptable and simply heinous. 

I blame it on their parent company. This isn't LV, this is makeup! 

RIGHT? I understand the pandemic had taken a tole on businesses but a multibillion dollar company who has the expenses and power to help their customers but refuses to do so infuriates me. So frustrating and disappointing. 

I 1000% agree

Hi @yungmulan,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I will send you a PM!

Regards,

Danee

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing