Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

SCAM ALERT- Sephora Gift Cards

I purchased a gift card and before I even received it, someone hacked into it and used up all the funds. Sephora.com relinquished any responsibility in securing their gift cards from hackers and wouldn’t help me. I’m really disappointed in Sephora’s handling of this situation, as it appears there are many of us and it’s a huge problem. Maybe we’ll have better luck at Ulta. 

Re: SCAM ALERT- Sephora Gift Cards

Just happened to me. My sister mailed me a 30$ gift card. Ive had it for 2 days. Scratched off the numbers went to use it. ZERO dollars. Called Sephora they could care less said they couldn't recover it. I literally just scratched the numbers off they said it was used yesterday adn had no way of finding out by who or where very disappointed in their service. 

Hi @clarissaireneL,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'll send you a message shortly.

Best,

Laurie 

I was gifted a Sephora card for my birthday on February 10th. Went to use it at the store today because the pin was damaged when I scratched it off and I couldn’t use it online earlier. The lady at checkout told me there was 0 balance. I called customer service and they told me that it was used on the 20th of February and they wouldn’t be able to help me. They advised to file a police report and contact FTC. Everything is useless, they can’t return it anyway 

This same thing happened to me. I received a giftcard for my birthday at the beginning of December and by January, I am told there are no funds left. I had never used the giftcard. Sephora refused to help me when I called customer service. There is clearly something going on with this many people also saying it happened to them. Disappointed in this company. 

My husband bought me a $100 giftcard for my birthday on January 16th. I just went to use it and was told I have a $0.00 balance and the funds were used on the 23rd. Clearly Sephora is hacked and their giftcards are compromised. It's disappointing Sephora would not assist me. I won't be purchasing a gift card from them again. 

This happened to me also, Fountain Valley Ralphs. $50 scammed. We should all post where and see if there is a correlation.

Fountain Valley, CA

The same exact thing just happened to me! My grandpa gifted me a $50 gift card for Christmas and when I went to redeem it today the balance showed $0. I called gift card support that told me that it was at $50 but someone used it on the 11th. What do I even do now? I’m so disappointed.

This happened to me too! My daughter got it for Christmas, she activated it online and someone used it online on 12/26. Sephora won’t help!! 

@KayC3 I will send you a PM. 

Hi everyone.  Same situation with us.  Someone gave us a $50 Sephora gift card in September 2023 and we just scratched off the account at the store in December 2023. The store told us there was zero balance. I called the customer service number and they told me the card was used by somebody in Florida. We are in California. As with other customers on this website Sephora refused to take any responsibility and would not help at all.  

I will spread the word not to purchase Sephora gift cards.

Sephora is such a joke of a company. They have known this is going on with their cards for a long time and do absolutely NOTHING about it and the customer loses. Their only reply is to call the FTC. Such a joke! 

Same. I bought a Sephora gift card as a gift and it was compromised. Nothing from Sephora.

Hi @MissDune I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll send you a PM.

Can you help me too?? My 15 year old daughter is heartbroken because her card was used online by someone on 12/26 and she got the card for Christmas. Customer service wouldn’t provide info as to who used it just that it was used online. @DaneeBT 

Hi @gigi4255 oh no! I'm sending you a PM.

Just happened to me yesterday. I was gifted a $25 gift card on Christmas Day, I tried to use it yesterday and it’s empty. I called and they said the gift card was used on 12/28. 

I bought a gift card for my wife for our anniversary and the exact same thing happened. I do not trust Sephora anymore! We live in Kentucky and someone in Florida used the gift card. We did not even have the pin scratched off before someone else used it! Sephora has all the information but will not help us. They protect the criminal more than the customer!! 

The same thing happened to me and Sephora will not do anything for you. Ask the person who gave you the gift card to file a dispute with the bank of the credit card or debit card they used. Also file a complaint with Better Business Bureau and FTC at ftc.gov/complaint or call 1877 FTC-HELP.

Hi @MaggieXa,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
testing