Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Return Ban

I have been a loyal Sephora Rouge customer for years and at my last store visit, I was horrified when the associate handed me a slip of paper notifying me that I was banned from making any returns for 365 days due to “excessive returns”.

For context, I have been shopping more and more online especially with Covid when in store testers were discontinued and naturally with online shopping, it is not possible to know what products will look like in person. Given Sephora’s great return process and policy that states “NEW OR GENTLY USED PRODUCTS CAN EASILY BE RETURNED FOR FREE”, I was comfortable buying online even if things didn’t work out.

I’m a shopholic which has easily qualified me for Rouge status every year since Sephora opened in Canada with thousands of points in my account. I stock up during sales and take the opportunity to try new products. I often return new, unopened products as I change my mind after receiving them.  When returning in store, the associates rip open all packages even if they are new because they say they must check that the product matches the box. That has always felt like a waste to me but they said that’s their process.

I am infuriated and was completely humiliated to receive this returns ban in front of other clients when I have been a loyal customer for so many years, and have never received a warning prior before this ban so it is clear Sephora does not value customer loyalty and will treat you like a criminal on a flip of a dime. There were a hundred better ways to deal with this situation before accusing their top customers especially when they promote how easy returns are in their policy. Ridiculous and disappointing.

Re: Return Ban

This also happened to me - talk about a cruel policy. Why pretend like you can return and then all of a sudden ban your best customers? I keep more than I return! Other businesses just don’t allow such a lenient return policy. Seems like a better solution that punishing your best customers. 

Also banned from returning. Ridiculous considering I am also rouge. The Armani rep matched me the wrong shade for their $70 foundation and now I am stuck with it. Never would’ve happened at ulta 

I’ve been banned permanently from online shopping since 2018. They won’t overturn the decision. At least you only had a year of no returns. I can’t even buy.

WTF

Hi @lhysterie I'm so sorry to hear about this and thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding our return policy and the notice you received. Additionally, I'm sorry for your disappointment and I've shared your feedback with the appropriate teams. If you'd like to obtain your Returns Report to review your return activity, please have your Reference ID ready and chat us at sephora.com or call us at 833-899-2965.

I’m not sure who this would be in the US but in Canada I’d contact the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services and file a complaint against the company

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing