cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Reminder to our Beauty Talk Community

Good Morning!

In an effort to keep our boards a positive environment and continue to remain the fun loving product-obsessed community we are, I want to send a reminder to please, play nice with one another!

Everyone was new to Beauty Talk at one point or another and we ask that you please do not take it upon yourselves to "educate" or "moderate" our new friends with guidelines outside of what we already have posted. (regarding posts, board rules, etc.)  This is what us mods are here for! 😉 

We're happy to participate, chat about product and help out when needed, but keep in mind that every post that comes through IS indeed seen by us and we will take the appropriate action. You can absolutely message us or flag anything as "abusive" if you feel it truly necessary.

Please refrain from any insulting, negative or bullying comments (this includes PM's) to other users, moderators or admins, whether they are new or seasoned. This is NOT tolerated and should it continue we will have to reconsider allowing any of the TSB threads to be posted or even individual participation/memberships in Beauty Talk. We would truly hate to do this so please- embrace your fellow BT'ers and share your passion for product with each other! 🙂 Please keep in mind this is not a new rule, nor is it being changed for anyone new to the boards- but is the same reminder we post every few months.

Beauty Talk Guidelines> http://community.sephora.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/BeautyTalk-Guidelines/m-p/21/highlight/true#...

Sephora.com Terms of Use> http://www.sephora.com/contentStore/mediaContentTemplateNoNav.jsp?mediaId=11300018

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Re: Reminder to our Beauty Talk Community

I love this.

Hi jojobe,

I completely get that you are frustrated. But I think this is a good example of what we mean we we ask posters to respond politely. We are all very passionate folks with strong opinions (how else would BT be such an amazing community?), but it is important to take stock of how our tones come across over the internet to people we have never met. 

As I said, we have no intentions of policing the TSB boards. We just ask that you remember a.) to participate in any "box" or program that is not sponsored by Sephora is to do so at your own risk, and b.) even in those TSB threads that are not sponsored by Sephora, this community is sponsored by Sephora, so we do ask, and continue to ask (as it stated in the guidelines that everyone agrees to when they post) that everyone communicate politely. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you and you do have my full respect at this time.

Hi ladies! Just wanted to jump in and add and clear up a couple of things.

1. Diana and the moderators are certainly not asking you not to help. By all means, if you see someone post an outside link or want to answer someone that has a specific question on how the boards work, please do so politely. All we are asking is that you take a moment before you hit the "reply" button to think: Is this helpful to the conversation? Am I stating this as politely as possible? Remember, it is harder to tell your tone over the internet, so we're just asking that when you reply to a poster, think about how your tone may come across. But please, we want you help and be involved! That's what makes our community great!

2. This post is not a threat; it is an effort to make sure all of our users feel comfortable and welcome, which is what we should all want. TSBs are not sanctioned by Sephora, so you are free to create your own rules and guidelines around them. We do not (and do not want to) police those threads, but to the extent that the TSB threads create unnecessary drama on the boards (which is entirely up to you and how you interact with each other), we may intervene for the good of the larger community. 

As Diana said above, these are not new rules. We try to encourage all users to visit the Welcome / Getting Started board, which is why we post links to those guidelines when we have an influx of new users or think people need a reminder.

I am sincerely sorry people don't like some of the new changes or things that are happening in the community, but just remember YOU are the community, so I would encourage you all to interact the way you would like this community to work. The mods and I will handle the rest. 🙂

Best, 

Candace

BeautyTalk Community Manager 

What do you mean by an outside link? 

An outside link is any link posted that does not go to part of the Sephora website. So it's ok to link the URL for a product on Sephora, or a link to a thread in BT, but posting a link to youtube, Nordstrom, one's own beauty blog etc is against forum rules and is usually taken down 🙂

Ok, good to know 🙂

So... what you're saying is... I can now resume throwing hearts/glitter/mustaches wildly into the air? 😄

showing_some_love_018.gif

index.jpg

eyebrows.jpg

Hahahahhahaa!

animacii-net-1.gif

Oh, how pretty!

Ooh, shiny! *snatches*

Hahahahhaa!

(and pee pants, because that was my favorite)

You ain't cool. Unless you pee your pants!

If peeing your pants is cool, then consider me Miles Davis! 😄

Peeing.jpg

Oh my God! you are my new favorite person, EVER!

So... what you're saying is... we're BT friends?!

Woo hoo! 😄

2 Replies
testing