Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Lost package and completely disappointed with Sephora response

My package was "delivered". But I never received it. I checked around my house and the security footage. Sephora said they will not refund me nor replace my package. It was worth about $800. I am extremely disappointed and upset with Sephora. I am a fan of Sephora and have been shopping at Sephora for a long time. My entire family shops here. She made it sound like it was my fault and that I stole the package. She said there were multiple incidents at my address which I recently moved to last year. It was only one incident in November 2020. My package was also not delivered then. Sephora helped me then and I was grateful. They never mentioned it was a once-in-a-lifetime help. Had I known I would have had the package shipped to a store for pick up. Moreover, what does she mean "given that this level of discrepancy in your shopping history is extremely uncommon"? The email is upsetting and accusing. 

**edit: I’m adding the screenshot of the carrier to review the inaccurate delivery information **

**edit: More information about the delivery. Loading package at 10:39 AM. Out for delivery at 10:40 AM. Delivered at the front door at 10:41 AM. All of these were done under the span of 2 minutes. There is no nearby Laser facility to do that near my house. **

Re: Lost package and completely disappointed with Sephora response

I have the same situation. I was just told that I was assisted multiple time with requesting a refund when I have only once before had an issue with not receiving my deliveries, this after having placed and received well over 30 online orders in the last 2 years. I believe that I was a loyal customer and did not expect to be abruptly cut off by the agent I was chatting to. I would like to know who I am expected to raise this with as I do not intend to pay for orders not received. My concern is also for whether I continue to support Sephora after  receiving this treatment as I no longer have peace of mind placing and receiving any orders online. Furthermore an order that was placed 2 days ago was just cancelled for no reason. I think that after this issue, that will most probably be the last order I place with Sephora. If one has to pay for items not received and is treated with disdain I will take my business elsewhere. Hopefully Ulta treats their customers better.

Not to put the Mods on blast but after a number of going back and forth through PM, this was the final response. 

"Thank you for your response! I'd recommend checking around your home, with neighbors, or with anyone who may have received the package on your behalf. I do see that regretfully, we're unable to provide a reshipment or refund due to previous accommodations for order issues. I'm very sorry for the disappointment this may cause and appreciate you sharing this feedback with us."

Turns out they although they reach out to you on the Community page they don't do anything to really help you resolve your issues. Like I mentioned I have only had one issue previously where I did not receive an order, all the details should be on my account. It would appear that if I were to place any more orders online at Sephora, it is entirely at my own risk.

Therefore my last order placed will be my last order placed.

@RDocks I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I will send you a PM to help. 

Responded to your PM as requested and have yet to receive a response

Hi @RDocks,

Keely is currently out of the office. I'll send you a message shortly!

Best,

Laurie

I've just experienced the same thing. I placed a large order on behalf of myself and my family because we have some recent college grads (woohoo!) but the package never arrived. UPS marked it as delivered and the I'm assuming did not ask for a signature. My mother was home all day but did not hear our doorbell or even a knock when the package was reportedly delivered. I reached out a few days ago to support and they said they would have to conduct an investigation before being able to issue a refund and that I would hear back soon; however, it's been radio silence and I've become anxious because it was an expensive order and the graduation celebration is fast approaching. I asked for a refund in the hopes that the process would be quicker and that I'd be able to buy the items in-person rather than go through the risk and time of having the same order delivered again, but it seems like I may be looked at as a criminal rather than a disappointed customer.

After looking at all the horror stories on these threads I'm extremely nervous that I will experience something similar to what you have. I don't believe I've ever returned anything to Sephora and this is the first time I've ever experienced issues with deliveries to my address-- It seems like this might not matter though! Thank you for posting about your experiences, it's so important that others know what could happen to them. Perhaps buying straight from brands themselves would be safer!!

I have the same issue. My package is lost. I knocked every doors of my neighbors' houses and asked for my lost items, but they haven't seen any of it. Eventually Sephora said they were not able to reship or refund. This is a very terrible service. I should have ordered those particular items from other shops. If Sephora can't do anything about it, please don't sell the items.

Hi @Rick07

I'm sorry to hear about this. I will send you a PM!

Regards

Danee

Hi @jahngmi

I'm so sorry to hear about this! I am sending you a PM.

Always,
Danee

You’re not alone. This is the second time I’ve got a package get “lost” while it says delivered. I have a PO Box that’s very secure so there’s no chance anyone stole it. Luckily they did hipped my order this time but fishy if you ask me. I don’t order that often so it’s like 2 out 5 times I’ve ordered the order got lost and I missed my chance on the insider deals I chose during reshipment. Surprisingly unreliable company. Will be straying away 

The EXACT same thing happened to me. Can you send me a DM and let me know if the issue was solved?

Hi @KatGeo2018,

I'm sorry to hear this! I'll send you a message shortly.

Warm regards,

Laurie

I'm back to say - that lasership lost my package and was disappointed with Sephora's response AGAIN. While we were going through this whole process with Sephora (from my previous post), I re-ordered my items because I was worried that I may miss out on the sale. I actually NEEDED the items, so I re-ordered with them. I re-ordered everything that i can because some items were already sold out. I had no idea that Sephora was not going to help me further for all online orders that were not my fault. I can't help but feeling that someone from Lasership is responsible for the missing packages. Three packages missing already and the incidents are not that far a part. 

I've called Sephora and talked to a really nice representative, who sympathized with me. However, she could not help me because Sephora marked that they cannot help me further due to the number of times this has happened with my address. But none of those were my fault and there's prove..... Lasership has been the issue. I also see that lasership is an issue for many people in this community. I even spoke to a supervisor and they said they cannot help me further due to the number of times this has happened with my address. AGAIN, why aren't there signatures required for packages this expensive.

After what had happened last time, I called lasership and told them to leave my package at their facility. I will come pick it up. After a whole week of waiting, I had called them back and asked them where my package was. They said they will open an internal investigation and then the next day - i checked the website again for status and it "delivered" to my door. It was never loaded on a truck, or claimed to be out for deliver. See below screenshot. 

Once again, i've lost over $500 worth of products. 

I have been a loyal sephora member. I don't even shop at Ultra or any other beauty stores. I've also kept my rouge status every year just because I only shop at sephora. I can't believe for such a huge company Sephora is, they would allow this to happen again and again. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 11.02.15 AM.png

Exact the same issue happened to me with the exact same Lasership facility. My order included 3 Natasha Denona palettes worth around $380. Package got stuck at the Maspeth NY facility for 3 days and magically got delivered witinin a minute of being out for delivery after I contacted Lasership and was told they would investigate. Such a horrible company and they obviously protect thieves/avoid responsibility by showing packages as delivered. Sephora also told me they wouldn't refund/reship because my account is associated with a package forwarder. I shipped to a package forwarder in the past but the address I shipped this order was a residential address. I pointed that out and got refunded but they told me they would no longer provide me a refund in case of lost packages.

I reordered the palettes and paid extra for USPS Priority. It was a bit slow (took 4 days) but got my package without issues. I asked them if there is any way to avoid Lasership in the future but appearently they will automatically pick Lasership for packages being shipped to New York with free shipping option. So it seems I will always have to pay extra to have my packages shipped by USPS to ensure my package is not stolen. 

They definitely should stop working with Lasership or they will receive more complaints like this.

@canss 

Thank you for sharing this. I wasn't aware of this. The shipping option is always automatic. I never thought to click the drop down menu for that. I am still considering what to do in terms of ordering from Sephora.

Should I just shop in store? But it is inconvenient due to no nearby stores and the pandemic.

Should I order from the original company sites? I can list a whole bunch a reason why not and those are the reasons I love Sephora.

• Variety: They have a huge selection of products.
  • Convenient: I can order different brands under one order. 
  • Return Policy for unopened and opened package: I return products that causes me to have hives or breakout. By the way, I know a lot of people abuses this. But let me state this: I spend more than I return. I only return if I am dissatisfy with the product or if I found a better price for unopened package.
  • Trust was the biggest reason. Trust for Sephora to always provide good quality products. Trust that Sephora has their loyal customers back.

But can all the above reasons outweigh the risk of me loosing $500-$1000 for each package? I thought nothing can go wrong if I ordered to have it pick up at a Lasership facility. How naive was I?

The thing I am confuse about is this: The shipping company loses the package. They push the responsibility to the seller (in this case, Sephora). The seller (Sephora) pushes the responsibility to the consumer (me) who is not at fault. Doesn't Sephora have some sort of insurance with their shipping company? Shouldn't the shipping company be responsible for any package lost? I understand there are scammers out there and Sephora has these policies in place to protect themselves from them. 

But if the consumers can really prove that they never received the package and the shipping company is at fault (they apologized and admit it), why is Sephora punishing their loyal customers? Today the representative stated they will no longer help me because they have already done so in the past. But if the past incidents are clearly not my fault, why is Sephora not helping further? Am I being unreasonable? 

Thank you again for letting me know this option. But Sephora said they are not helping me anymore. If USPS looses my package, the cost of the package would be on me. I don't think I want to take that risk anymore. 

Hi @canss,

I'm sorry for the trouble with your order and thank you for sharing this feedback with us! If you still need further assistance, please send me a private message with details. Please note that the screenshot was removed for security purposes as it contained your tracking number. You are welcome to post screenshots but please ensure information such as order numbers and tracking numbers are not showing.

Warm regards,
Laurie

Hi @ireneewongg,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your recent order! If you'd like to discuss this further, please contact us via phone at 1-877-737-4672. Thank you and I'm sorry for your order experiences.

Always.
Danee

Hi, I've already contacted you guys prior to this post. your team has already advised that there is nothing further they can do for my order seeing that there has been a few issues within this address. 

Hi @ireneewongg,

I'm going to send you a PM.

Always,

Danee

@ireneewongg I'm sorry to hear about your experience! For further assistance with this, please give us a call at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672.)

Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 11.02.15 AM.png
testing