Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Live Community Chat FAQs

Say hello to the new Live Community Chat feature- a fun and exciting way to talk to other Sephora shoppers like you while shopping online for their favorite Sephora products! Now you can offer or receive real time reviews from shoppers who are familiar with the product you are interested in buying. Follow along as we show you how to chat in seven easy steps!

1. Log into your Sephora account.Slide1.JPG2. Go to any product page on Sephora.com, like this one.

3. To launch the Live Community Chat feature, click on the chat icon at the bottom right of the screen. If you are on a mobile device, you will need to scroll down at bit to see the icon.Slide2.JPG

4. Anyone can ask a question, but only people logged into their Beauty Insider Community accounts can respond to questions.Slide3.JPG5. To answer a question click ‘Reply to chat one-on-one’. Please be patient with the askers: Live Community Chat is new to them too and some participants may be beauty newbies looking for advice.Slide4.JPG

6. If you are asking a question send your answerer a ‘Thanks!’ This lets other shoppers know how many times this answerer has been helpful.Slide5.JPG7. Have fun, chat and help your fellow Insiders!

General:

Is Live Chat available on mobile?

YES! Askers and Answerers will see it on all product pages and in the Sephora App.

How do I sign into chat?

Anyone can ask a question, but only people logged into their Beauty Insider Community accounts can respond to questions. To sign out of chat, log out of your Beauty Insider Community account.

What if other shoppers act inappropriately?

Inappropriate behavior should be reported and will be reviewed by Sephora Moderators.

Askers:

Will I be able to chat with customer service?

Yes. Our Customer Support team will answer questions in chat but we cannot guarantee who will respond to your question first. For Customer Support specific questions please reach out to Customer Support here.

How many people will respond to my question?

Up to 2 people may answer a question. When that happens askers choose the answer they like the best.

Once I ask/answer a question in chat do I have to stay on the same product page to continue talking?

No, the chat bubble will remain open as you shop on Sephora.com.

Answerers:

How do I answer shopper’s questions using Live Community Chat?

Anyone can ask a question, but only people logged into their Beauty Insider Community accounts can respond to questions.

Is group chat available?

No. To speak with a group invite them to Conversations 

Can I post links in chat?

Yes, you can send links. Please note that only Sephora.com links are permitted within Live Community Chat.

How do I post links in chat?

Copy and paste any Sephora link in the chat. Or click this icon (link.JPG ) to the right of the comment to go to the product page that the Sephora Shopper is on.

Re: Live Community Chat FAQs

Thanks for the feedback @TopazBeth! That is an odd experience so we will definitely report this.

Yay for updates! Can't wait to try this feature out ☺

Yay for updates! Can't wait to try this feature out ☺
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 128 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos9
  • Slide1.JPG
  • Slide2.JPG
  • Slide3.JPG
  • Slide4.JPG
  • Slide5.JPG