Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

January 2019: Beauty Insider Program Update FAQs

Attention Beauty Insiders: We are updating the program benefits again so you have more choices to make the most of your membership. We want you to be the first to know about some changes rolling out this month, including new birthday gift choices, new tier celebration gift choices when you upgrade your status, and free standard shipping for Rouge members. For a full list of Beauty Insider benefits, please visit this link. For additional information please reference the FAQs below.

What is a Tier Celebration Gift?

A Tier Celebration Gift is our gift to you when you reach either the VIB or Rouge tier. You will have the opportunity to choose a Tier Celebration Gift when you upgrade your status or requalify for another year as a top member of our program. So in 2019, VIB members can choose one of the following three choices: 500 bonus points, two makeovers to share or keep (no purchase required), or free shipping on purchases of $35 purchases on Sephora.com. Rouge members can choose from one of the following three choices: 750 bonus points, four giftable makeovers to share with your besties (no purchase required) or free FLASH 2-Day Shipping on all purchases on Sephora.com (FLASH 2-day shipping is only available in the US).

Where can I choose my Tier Celebration Gift?

As a member of a qualifying tier you can select your Tier Celebration Gift in your Beauty Insider Account: https://www.sephora.com/about-beauty-insider. Tier Celebration Gifts are available online only starting 1/16/2019. 

I just chose points as my Tier Celebration Gift. Can I redeem the points to redeem Rewards in the same transaction?

Yes, you can redeem the points to redeem Rewards in the same transaction that you selected your Tier Celebration Gift online at sephora.com. I chose free, giftable makeovers as my Tier Celebration Gift, how do I use them? VIB and Rouge members who select free makeovers, now called Makeup Deluxe: The Full-Face Makeover, will receive an email containing two vouchers for VIB members and four vouchers for Rouge members for free Makeup Deluxe: The Full-Face Makeovers, with no minimum purchase. These vouchers can be shared with a friend but each code may only be used once prior to the date of expiration. To book your appointment, visit www.sephora.com/store-location-events.

Do Rouge members still receive free custom makeovers?

Yes, Rouge members still receive free Makeup Deluxe: The Full-Face Makeovers (formerly called custom makeovers) with no minimum purchase when they make an appointment. Don’t forget VIB and Insiders, all Beauty Insider members receive free 60-minute Makeup Deluxe: The Full-Face Makeovers when you spend $50 or more. To book your appointment, visit www.sephora.com/store-location-events.

Do US Rouge members still receive free FLASH shipping?

Not automatically. If you are a Rouge member and would like to continue to receive Free FLASH shipping or you would like to enroll you can choose it as your Tier Celebration Gift in your Beauty Insider Profile starting on 1/16/19. All members can purchase FLASH for $15/yr. Rouge members will receive free standard shipping on all purchases (no minimum purchase required) without taking any action.

How does free standard shipping work for Rouge members?

Free standard shipping is available at no cost to Rouge members and takes 3-5 days, on average, to ship. There is no minimum spend for Rouge members to receive free standard shipping but if you want your orders faster and you live in the US, you can select Free FLASH shipping as your Rouge Tier Celebration Gift starting 1/16/2019 or purchase FLASH for $15/yr.

I chose free shipping with all $35 purchases as my VIB Tier Celebration Gift. How do I use it?

VIB members who select free shipping with all $35 purchases as their Tier Celebration Gift will receive free standard shipping on all online transactions where the merchandise total is greater than or equal to $35. The free shipping will automatically be added to your basket at checkout. The value of “merchandise” does not include e-gift cards, gift cards, a FLASH Shipping subscription, a Play! Subscription, tickets for special Sephora-sponsored events and/or taxes.

How can I redeem my Birthday Gift?

All US Beauty Insider members are eligible to redeem one Birthday Gift per year during the month of their birthday. Canadian Rouge members will also be eligible to receive a free Benefit brow wax during their birthday month (Canada-only). To see the different Birthday Gift options for your Beauty Insider status, please visit the Beauty Insider 2019 Birthday page: https://www.sephora.com/birthday-gift? 

Birthday Gift options vary by country, status and VIB and Rouge members are eligible to choose between a mini set or 250 bonus points to put towards whatever rewards they love most in the Beauty Insider Rewards Bazaar. To redeem in Sephora or Sephora inside JCPenney stores, provide a Beauty Advisor with your registered Beauty Insider email address. No purchase is necessary when redeeming your gift in store. To redeem online, a merchandise purchase is required and the gift will be available at checkout. Merchandise does not include e-gift cards, gift cards, a FLASH Shipping subscription, a Play! Subscription, taxes or shipping. Offer not valid on jcpenney.com. If it is your birthday month and you are having problems redeeming your gift online, please email customerservice@sephora.com or call 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672). Substitutions may occur. Valid while supplies last. This offer is subject to change, alteration, or termination by Sephora at its sole discretion at any time.

I just chose 250 points as my Birthday Gift. Can I redeem the 250 points to redeem Rewards in the same transaction?

Yes, you can redeem the 250 points to redeem Rewards in the same transaction that you selected your 250 points birthday gift in in Sephora or Sephora inside JCPenney stores, or online at sephora.com.

What are the Surprise Birthday Gifts?

VIB and Rouge members will have an additional online-only gift option to redeem during their birthday month. These gifts will change from time to time throughout the year. Don’t worry, this is a surprise, not a mystery! If you choose the surprise gift, you will know what the gift is before redeeming.

I’m a Rouge member who lives in Canada. Tell me more about the free Benefit brow wax.

Starting in January 2019 Rouge members who live in Canada will receive an email with a barcode to redeem a free brow wax during their birthday month. The brow bar service is available in select stores only and the service must be booked online. To redeem the service, please schedule your appointment and, upon arrival, present the email to a Sephora Beauty Advisor. This offer is one-time use only. You will have until the end of your birthday month to redeem your free Brow Bar offer. Please note: The free offer is for a brow wax service only (tint or other Brow Bar services not included).

Re: January 2019: Beauty Insider Program Update FAQs

Hi,

I just turned VIB and cant find my Tier Appreciation gifts anywhere.

Hi @MuniBar, Congratulations on unlocking VIB status! Regretfully, the Tier Celebration Gifts are no longer being offered. I'm sorry about that!

Always,
Danee

Anonymous Insider

Does anyone else feel like moving from unlimited custom makeovers to 4 per year (otherwise with a $60 purchase) is a total rip off? Like I already spent $1000 dollars in 2018 but Sephora’s greedy butt needs me to plan my transactions with my schedule, what’s the point? Maybe my stores sell out and I prefer to purchase online, why should I be limited to purchasing on days I have sh*t going on. I think the new system is dumb and I will not be continuing my rouge status this year, that’s for sure.

RE: Re: January 2019: Beauty Insider Program Update FAQs

I’m sorry you are upset with the changes. I think they are going in a good direction to give us more perks as Rouge members instead of just free makeovers and free shipping like in the past though! I was also upset about it at first also until my fiancé pointed out to me that I haven’t spent less than $50 anytime I’ve gone into the store in the past 3 years I’ve been Rouge. 9/10 times if I am in the store I end up spending $50+ even when I don’t plan to because there is always something that catches my eye that didn’t catch my eye online so I would end up qualifying for the free makeover anyways. I know that not everyone is the same way and doesn’t always spend $50 when they go to the store but I think that’s why they gave the option to add 4 extra free makeovers so that you have 8 in total.

Re: RE: Re: January 2019: Beauty Insider Program Update FAQs

I'm not sure if they updated it since yu last posted, but we Rouge members still get those Makeovers, the choice is to share 4, not to only receive 4 makeovers. I hope this helps!

Tagging @sr20kimme and @Anonymous to make sure they see your response, @whiterose0323. Makeover are, indeed, still included with Rouge status. 

Anonymous Insider

Well yes but you’re limited to 4 free ones and then the rest are with purchase so they are no longer ’unlimited’ I was just at a Sephora store and they explained that it is no longer free even for rouge 

Anonymous Insider

January 2019: Beauty Insider Program Update FAQs

hi good

RE: January 2019: Beauty Insider Program Update FAQs

As a rouge member (previously and renewed), do I still get free flash shipping or do I have to now choose it as a tier option to get it?

It seems as follows: VIB To Continue to get Flash 2 Day as 1/3 “Tier Celebrations” ...:) #Beauty #SephoraVIB

Re: RE: January 2019: Beauty Insider Program Update FAQs

Hi @sashiboo

You can still receive Flash Shipping on your orders, however, you will have to select it as your Tier Celebration Gift! I hope this clarifies!

Always,

Danee

Does anyone know when we will be able to claim our tier gifts? I had the 500 point in my cart but decided to go in-store to purchase the items in my cart instead. Ever since then the 500 point disappeared and it no longer shows up as an option for me to add.

I'm having this problem now, what was done to fix it? I left it in my cart because I decided to wait for next pay to purchase my items but now the reward is gone and there is no option to get it anymore. @kevinbt @HelenBT 

@Katerwaulie I will send you a PM to help. 

Hi @almita21,

I will send you a PM to assist you shortly!

-Helen

Hi @HelenBT can you help me as well? I am having the same problem.

Hi @SurprisedLemur - I can help! I am sending you a private message with more details. 

Cheers! 

Kevin

Hi, 

Two questions about the VIB Tier gifts. 

1. Is the $35 free shipping, a one time order thing or active for the whole year?

2. Is there a cutoff time for redeeming the gifts after qualifying? If I choose the makeover options, do I need to use it immediately or I can save it for later in the year? 

Thank you! 

Hi @Hedwigdream,

If you select the free shipping with all $35 purchases as your Tier Celebration Gift, you'll receive free standard shipping on all online transactions where the merchandise total is greater than or equal to $35 for the rest of the calendar year! Also, there's not a cut off time for redeeming your Tier Gift, but I recommend redeeming it as soon as possible to take advantage of your chosen gift! If you select the makeovers to share as your Tier Gift, you will receive email vouchers for the makeovers. The expiration date will be noted on the voucher. Hope this helps 🙂

Always,

Danee

I am interested in the makeovers, however I am wondering about the expiration. If for instance I added it to my cart to accept now, when would the expiration be? Also how’s long do we have to claim these? Thank you 

75 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing