Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Exchange Policy

Hi, so I have a question about your exchange policy. Now I'm aware about how you may be denied a return or money back when returning without a receipt. However, I was in the process of sorting out my new makeup room and found a bunch of products that I had never really used due to the various reasons of not liking the shade or formula. Now before i tried to change I reviewed my complete order history and found which products were on there and which products weren't. Now the products that I didn't have on my account I had just passed down to my younger sister. When i had gone in to sephora to exchange my products i was denied for majority of what i had brought in due to the fact that on their end they told me they didn't see any history of me buying what i had brought in. I showed the ladies my sephora app as proof that on my end this was in fact purchased at some point. I don't want money back on my card or anything I just would like to exchange the products that had been very lightly used for something I would use more often. I was simply told sorry we can't do anything its yours do what you want with it if you can't use it. Thats absurd. The products were Anastasia dip brow which i wasn't a fan of so i decided to stick with my brow wiz, Anastasia brow wiz in the wrong shade, a Sephora long lasting eyeliner and a Lip pencil. Please help with this issue as i would really love to exchange the brow wiz for my correct shade then use the rest of the $40 to get a contour kit.  

Anonymous Insider

Re: Exchange Policy

Wow, I didn't know that they changed the return policy. Without a reciept, I thought you could get a store credit. That's really unfortunate, did you call customer service?

If it's been longer than 60 days, they won't exchange or return the items. I've been in a similar situation, but now I just pay close attention to the return period and make sure I take anything back before the 60 days is up (it may be 30 days depending on where you purchased it, I.e., a JC Penny's Sephora, etc,). There's no way around their policy now. Returns and exchanges are handled the same. 

Hi alymariah,

I'm so sorry to hear your local Sephora store was unable to accept your return! Sephora now uses an approval process for all returns without receipt through a third-party returns authorization company, TRE. I apologize we are unable to reverse or change any decision made by them regarding a store return.

If you have any questions regarding store return decisions, please contact TRE (The Retail Equation) Customer Service directly at 1-800-652-2331, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm PST.

Regards,

Danee

I didn't have the receipt but i do have the products on my purchase history, I don't want money back or anything i would just like to swap out shades 

Did you check if there is a time frame to make returns?

I saw on the back of the receipt that returns are within 30 days. However, it doesn't specify an exchange policy.. or is that the same thing? Like i said i don't want money back I'd really just like to swap out shades or do an even exchange for different products that i would gladly pay any difference for. I know that under my purchase history the products are there which is why myself and the ladies were confused as to why it didn't show on their end

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing