Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Customer Complaint

I recently had a disappointing experience while shopping at the Sephora store located in Scarborough Town Center, East End Toronto. I feel it's important to share my encounter in hopes of improvement in customer service standards. If you are someone who goes to this store, please be aware and I would advise to go to another location as they have by far the worse service.

I had previously purchased a detox Ouai shampoo and just had a change in mind and decided to exchange this item after 2 days later to regular Ouai shampoo and get a smaller detox shampoo (after taking to my hairstylist). So I ended up going into the STC store on a Friday (since I was nearby there) and exchanged that items. Take in, that I have not even opened this item and had no issue exchanging it either at the cashier. The following day I get a called from an employee at the store who identified themselves as Loss Prevention (LP) stated that I has commit “fraud” because apparently, I had switched the items inside the shampoo bottle. I told the lady that I had not done that I didn’t even open the item. I had just exchanged the item and there was no issue at the cashier when the return is made. I kept telling her its not me and she might have mistaken me for someone else. The lady on the phone went further saying “Honey, we know that you did we saw you on camera. We will be deleting your account, and you can’t come to the Sephora store”. I even told the person that I barely make returns, they can check my rouge account. This employee then goes to say “Well this time you did, the colour of the shampoo is different”. It was not different and if it was why was it not addressed when I was making the exchange. I was absolutely shocked at this false accusation that were being made towards me. I even thought it was prank or a scam call. But when I checked the call number it was Sephora STC store contact number. I was too shocked to even ask her for her name. Following this distressing encounter, I reached out to the store to address the issue. I spoke with Laura, who said LPs does not usually do this and that she would call me back. Ended up getting a call back from a supervisor from this store saying they had made a mistake and the person who has called wasn’t even a LP! This person position is Lead, who was not supposed to make these calls and her name is Debbie. The supervisor who ends up calling me goes on to apologies and offers to send me a goodie bag. Is this a joke?   

As a longstanding customer of Sephora (rouge member), I rarely resort to returns or exchanges. Therefore, the unwarranted accusation of fraud and the threat of suspension from the store were not only unjust but also deeply troubling. I urge the head office to investigate this matter thoroughly and address any issues regarding the conduct of this employee – Debbie in position as Lead - making unauthorized calls to customers. I have all the receipts if needed.

I hope that Sephora takes proactive measures to ensure that all customers are treated with respect and integrity, maintaining the high standards of service that the brand is known for. This has been one of the most traumatizing shopping experiences that I have ever encountered.

Re: Customer Complaint

@ishrat999 I'm so sorry to hear about this experience and thank you for sharing this with us! I'm also glad to hear that a supervisor contacted you directly and addressed the issue. 

This will also be forwarded to the appropriate team. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing