cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Credit Reward Issues

Hello,

I had $20 in credit card rewards. I tried to order a Patrick Ta Face Pallete and when I went to check out, I applied the awards. I checked out and got an error saying that I needed to update my Sephora card information as the one of file had expired. I went ahead and updated it and tried to check out again and my awards disappeared l. It keeps saying that my rewards were already used. 

I went through my orders and my statement to see if by chance the order had actually gone through the first time but it did not.

I have tried contacting Commenity to no avail.

Has anyone had help with this issue before?

Tags:

Re: Credit Reward Issues

Hi DanielTX,

I just went through the SAME exact thing last week and I finally spoke to a manager at Comenity Bank & got answers…their rewards system has not worked since June 2021 so while you are able to earn cash to use as rewards at Sephora, you cannot actually use the rewards. Any time you attempt to use them when checking out with Sephora you’re going to get an error message and the transaction will not go through, but it’ll then show on both Sephora & Comenity that you no longer have rewards. You can call Comenity and ask to speak to a manager & you’ll be transferred to someone in the U.S. who can add the rewards back to your Comenity account (it’s still going to show up as zero on Sephora), but for the time being you can’t do a thing with the rewards. The manager said their rewards system hasn’t worked in 6 months & they have people looking into it/trying to fix it but they have no idea when that will be, if ever.  I told him it shouldn’t take 6+ months to have the rewards portion of their site fixed and it’s  ridiculous bc no major credit card company has these kind of issues (I work for one) and he agreed and apologized profusely, and said Sephora has been notified of the issue so I’m not sure why they haven’t sent their credit card customers any communication about this.  That’s the part that bothers me most in that I just got this credit card in October and got it because of the rewards bc I buy so much at Sephora that I figured the credit card was worth it bc I’d continue buying a lot of products but on the credit card where I’d earn rewards to get free products at Sephora & just pay it off monthly; so why did a Sephora rep “sell” this card to me based on the rewards knowing very well that the rewards system doesn’t work & hasn’t for over 6 months. That’s very deceitful & says a lot about the company I’m spending so much money with & it would be fine & dandy if I could just close the card out, but that would actually cause my credit score to go down bc it does any time you close a credit line, especially if it’s right after it was opened.
Sorry for the long message & hope this helped to answer your question. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 😁

Re: Credit Reward Issues

Hi @DanielTX,

I'm sorry about this! I'll send you a message.

Best,

Laurie

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing