cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

August Welcome Back Celebration Offer FAQs

2020-august-welcome-faq-thread-image.jpg

Beauty Insiders are invited to a 10-day August event with daily savings and rewards! Keep reading for details on how you can score big, like *dyson* big.

What is the 10-day event taking place in August?

Our August Event is a 10-day event to celebrate our clients with a special promotion and prizes.

When is the August event happening exactly?

The event will take place from Friday, 8/14, to Sunday, 8/23, 11:59pm PT.                                                                                                                                   

What do I get for shopping during this event?

Everyone who is part of Sephora’s Beauty Insider program will have access to a limited-time discount which includes:

• $15 off $75 purchase (in stores and online)
  • $20 off $100 purchase (in stores and online)

During the 10 days of the event, there will also be an opportunity for clients to take part in an in-store instant-win game.

There’s a game to play? Tell me more about the game and how I win!

Yes, and we encourage everyone to play! It’s easy—just scan the QR code from signs located in the store using your mobile device, enter quick validating information, then you’ll be granted access to play for a chance to win one of the following:

• A $100 USD eGift Card
  • ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr product (8/14–8/16 and 8/21–8/23 only)
  • dyson Airwrap Complete Styler (8/14–8/16 and 8/21–8/23 only)

One entry per person per day. Must be Beauty Insider to redeem. eGift Card must be used by 8/30/20.

If I win, how long is my offer valid for?

If you’re a winner, your purchase must be redeemed between 8/14/20 and 8/30/20 at 11:59pm PT.

Do you have to be a Beauty Insider to participate?

All participants must be a Beauty Insider to redeem the $15 off/$20 off promotion. Beauty Insider status is not required to play the in-store game, but is required to redeem your offer.

What special rewards can I redeem for points during the event?

There will be exclusive Beauty Insider rewards for points available during the promotion and in store only:

• Reusable straw set for 150 points
  • Tumbler for 250 points
  • Mug for 500 points

Can I redeem these rewards for points online?

The exclusive rewards, redeemable for points, are valid in store only at open US and Canada locations during the promotion (8/14–8/23) or while supplies last. SiJCP location rewards may vary.

Will these rewards for points be available after the promotion ends?

The exclusive rewards will be available for point redemption during the promotion (8/14–8/23) or while supplies last.

Is this event happening in Canada stores?

Yes! The $15 off/$20 off promotion and the in-store game are happening in Sephora Canada stores and at sephora.ca.

Is this event happening in Sephora inside JCPenney stores?

Sephora inside JCPenney stores are offering the promotion: $15 off your purchase of $75 and $20 off your purchase of $100. The promotional game is not valid at Sephora inside JCPenney, jcp.com, sephora.com, or sephora.ca. Sephora inside JCPenney rewards for points will vary.

Where can I use my $15 off/$20 off discount?

$15 off a purchase of $75 and $20 off a purchase of $100 are valid in open US, Canada, and Sephora inside JCPenney stores and on sephora.com and sephora.ca. A list of all open Sephora locations is available here. Discount is not valid on jcp.com.

How many times can I use my $15 off/$20 off discount?

The August Event discount can be used multiple times in stores and used one time on sephora.com and sephora.ca. The discount is not available on jcp.com.

Speaking of which, what’s my discount code again to receive the $15 off/$20 off if I would like to use it online?

The online code is WELCOMEBACK for all Beauty Insider tiers. Please remember, this is one-time use online, but can be used multiple times in stores.

Can I combine this $15 off/$20 off discount with other offers or promotions?

This offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions except for FREESHIP online. The FREESHIP promotion gives everyone free standard shipping with no spend threshold. Rouge clients always qualify for free shipping.

Can I combine my BI Cash, Rouge Reward, Credit Card Reward, or Credit Card first purchase discount with the August Event discount?

You will not be able to combine the August Event discount with BI Cash, Rouge Reward, Credit Card Rewards, or Credit Card first purchase discount. Credit Card Rewards are available in the US only.

I am a Credit Card holder and have a 15% first purchase discount. Can I save that for later and use the August Event discount now?

Yes. While your August Event discount cannot be combined with your Credit Card 15% off first purchase discount, you can choose to use your August Event discount now and save your Credit Card first purchase discount within 30 days of being approved. You will still earn 4% back on your Event purchase when you use either your Sephora Credit Card or Sephora Visa card to make your Sephora purchase!

Where is the game valid?

The game is valid in all open US and Canada Sephora stores. It is not valid online or at Sephora inside JCPenney stores.

Are there any product exclusions?

Product exclusions include: Limited to the purchase of one dyson item and five Morphe items per SKU per transaction. Not valid on The Ordinary products, MAC Cosmetics VIVA GLAM products, NUDESTIX Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitizer Gel, in-store services, previous purchases, purchases of gift cards, FLASH, gift wrapping, packaging, taxes, and shipping and handling charges.

What are the safety precautions we must take when entering a Sephora store?

Protecting the health and well-being of our employees, our clients, and our entire Sephora community is our top priority. Please visit our Community page to learn more about Sephora’s Health and Hygiene guidelines here.

What guidance did you receive to know it was safe to reopen stores in these regions?

Protecting the health and well-being of our employees and our clients is our top priority. We recognize that COVID-19 has had a unique impact on various regions. Therefore, we are reopening stores only in regions where officials have begun to lift restrictions on certain businesses. We have also developed our own Sephora Health & Hygiene Guidelines to support a safe in-store shopping experience.

Are customers required to wear masks in Sephora stores?

Our employees will be wearing face coverings, and we kindly ask that you do too. If you do not have a mask, we can provide one for you. In many locations, face coverings are mandated for entry in store by public health authorities.

What else do I need to know?

Some prizes will be awarded by mail. eGift Card prizes from this promotion expire 8/30/20. Return of discounted merchandise will be for the price actually paid. Sephora is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen offer materials or barcode. Offer has no cash value and may not be altered, bartered, sold, or transferred. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offer, Beauty Insider Cash, or reward, unless otherwise specified by Sephora. Sephora and JCPenney employees are not eligible for this offer. Sephora in its sole discretion may refuse to redeem any promotion code or offer that it believes in good faith to be fraudulently or improperly obtained and/or that has not been redeemed by the intended recipient of the promotion code or offer. Sephora in its sole discretion reserves the right to invalidate and/or not honor promotion codes or offers that are obtained through any party other than Sephora, including, but not limited to, through third-party sites. Sephora may modify or cancel offer at its sole discretion.

What if I want to speak to Customer Service about my order?

We are currently experiencing higher than expected call volumes. If these FAQs do not answer your question, please hit "Reply" below and leave a comment on this thread with your question. Sephora’s Customer Service team will be monitoring all questions on this thread.

RE: August Welcome Back Celebration Offer FAQs

If you forgot to enter in your code you are skrewed. I had $10 insider credit applied instead of remembering to enter the code for the $20 off (since I spent well over $100) “They couldn’t help me because I used the $10 rewards at the time of purchase.” I feel like it’s not hard to figure out to return the $10 rewards and apply the code instead. I feel like they actually could help a customer who spent a lot of money out, but choose not to. Ulta has always assisted me. Oh well. I might be missing out on $10, but Sephora will miss out on my future purchases. Cheers!

Re: RE: August Welcome Back Celebration Offer FAQs

@ItsBritneyOops I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I will look into this for you and send you a PM. 

Re: August Welcome Back Celebration Offer FAQs

I have tried to use the code many times, it dosnt work.. Is it not open for internationals orders? 

Hi @Linehelee,

I'm sorry, the August Welcome Back promotion is not valid on international orders.

Always,
Danee

Good evening,

I cannot get the WELCOMEBACK promo code to work. Says to login as beauty insider and I’ve tried from logged in from the app and website.

best,

danica 

Hi @danicaf,

Please ensure that your subtotal is at least $75 (for $15 off) or $100 (for $20 off). Please also ensure that you do not have any excluded items in your basket. You would need to remove those items and place them in a separate order.

The exclusions are: Clients are limited to the purchase of one dyson item and five Morphe items per SKU per transaction. Not valid on The Ordinary products, MAC Cosmetics VIVA GLAM products, NUDESTIX Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitizer Gel. If the issue persists, please call us at 1-877-SEPHORA (1-877-737-4672) so we can further assist you with the promotion. Thank you for your patience!

Best,

Laurie

Due to stores being closed, I thought those of us who missed getting our birthday gift were still eligible to receive it; however, the app gives me an error message stating I am not eligible. Can someone clarify before I place an order? Thank you!

Hi @kbuttles,

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding! Clients are only able to add the birthday gift to their online order during their birthday month or within 2 weeks of their birthday. I'll take a look further and I'll send you a message shortly to assist.

Best,

Laurie  

I just came from the store and spent a lot but no one told me about the game at all! 

I was in stores both on Thursday & Friday and the staff never mentioned the instant win.  Can I still have the ability to play? Pretty interesting way of making sure your customers don’t win anything - don’t tell them, they won’t know.

Hi @jirek,

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm going to send you a private message to obtain a bit more information from you.

Always,

Danee

Is there a way to have the welcomeback code added to an order I just made online? I forgot to add the code and had already hit submit? 

This happened to me as well! I placed a big order and tried to cancel so I could use the code. 😞 

Hi @Atsakas,

I will send you a private message to assist you further!

Always,
Danee

Thank you!

RE: August Welcome Back Celebration Offer FAQs

Hi, I have ordered with this code however the shipping status says ‘exception’ with no further explanation. Could you please help? This product I ordered is not available in store. Thanks!

Re: RE: August Welcome Back Celebration Offer FAQs

Hi @Weily26,

I'm happy to check on this for you and I'll send you a message shortly.

Best,

Laurie

Can I combine the promotion code with my 10% off healthcare workers discount?

This code isn't working for me online and I am logged into a rouge account, adding up hundreds of dollars worth of eligible items. What is going on???

@rvg18 @Do you have any excluded products in your cart like the ordinary? Even if you are over the $100 without the ordinary the code doesn’t work with them in your cart 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 2020-august-welcome-faq-thread-image.jpg
testing