cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Combo hair types

IMG_2386.JPG

Hey all! I'm new here, so I'm still trying to figure this out! ๐Ÿ˜… So, I have combo hair types. My hair is mostly curly, with waves underneath and on one side of my head. You can kind of see it in the picture attached. I'm still trying to figure out how to make my hair behave more consistently. It's always behaved like this, no matter the length or cut. Can anyone with a similar problem help me figure out how to help with consistency? Thank you in advance!

Re: Combo hair types

Your hair is really pretty. I think it looks quite nice just as it is. I know the aggravation you must be feeling with it though, since I have a similar problem -- it's waves underneath and a stick-straight top layer. I don't have those ringlets or I'd probably go for that look all over.

I take the easy way out with my hair and just smooth the bottom layer when I blow dry, this relaxes the ripples a bit, then I finish the top layer in sections with a round brush to add some wave.

What I would try with your hair would be putting the non-ringlets into curlers before washing, wash those strands separately, and let them dry in the curlers. Deciding how to arrange it in the curler beforehand might help avoid fighting with the natural wave, which for me doesn't show up well when my hair is wet. Then take the curlers out when the hair is dry, and add some product that will help it hold the curl.

You can try to find someone to cut that part of your hair in a way that will encourage the curls to form. I'd ask around for someone with a lot of curly hair experience.

You might also try a partial perm. I'd go carefully here and just explore the idea.

@WowSoClassie

I mentioned my curiosity about a partial perm to make my hair match all over, to a stylist mid-cut, but all he did was mention some potential downsides or risks, then proceed to say "so when do you want to schedule that perm?" for the rest of the session. Like 3 separate times, even though I kept saying "I will have to think it over whether that is something I want to do." I can't even remember what the risks were, I was getting so steamed over his high-pressure non-listening behavior.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_2386.JPG
testing