Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

advice please

Hey, does anyone have any advice on how to take care of my thick and curly hair? I am a swimmer, so it constantly is dry and brittle. I have tried many products throughout the years including devacurl, coconut milk, and many different hair masks. It only seems to keep my hair hydrated for a day then it goes back to feeling like straw. I also feel like I have to constantly switch products because after a while my hair gets use to the product and then it stops working for me. If anyone also has any suggestions on how to style it for work environments that would be amazing. I feel like because my hair is frizzy that the only way I can style it for a professional setting is to put it in a bun and put a ton of gel in it to keep my hair from frizzing. 

Re: advice please

Are you regularly using a chelating shampoo? It helps cleanse everything from chlorine to hard water and product buildup. I also have thick wavy/curly hair and I was having a similar issue until I started chelating my hair once a month. When your hair is saturated with build up it prevents moisture from entering the strands and that causes frizz. Also avoid glycerin in hot, humid weather since it attracts water molecules which can expand the hair shaft and make it frizz even more. Seal with an oil, too! It'll keep humidity out. Hope that helps! Here's some of my favorites:

1. Living Proof Triple Detox Shampoo

2. Curlsmith Hydro Créme Soothing Mask - not sold at Sephora unfortunately 😞 

3. The Ordinary Cold Pressed Argan Oil

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing