Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Figuring out products

Sooo I’m trying hard to love and work with my hair but i can’t. Most days i can only go two days with out washing and i see people going 3-7 like wowowo!!! My hair just gets dry or completely loses the curl. I’m not even sure what curl type i am! Any helpful tips or products is greatly appreciated! I currently shampoo and conditioner with dove and mostly only use Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie 

F3638A40-651E-4A04-A8DB-95CA47A0331D.jpeg

Tags:

Re: Figuring out products

Not sound at Sephora, but for your type hairs- Bounce Curl would be worth looking into. Curls get so easily parched. Hydration is essential. A deep conditioning mask once a week would be beneficial to start. Find products with little to no alcohol. 

There’s a method to applying products called prep, style, and finish. You start by using a leave in conditioner which is the prep, and then use styling creams and gels, and then finish off with a serum or oil. You can find more about the process on YouTube and watch manesbymell. She’s super great!

Try using a shampoo and conditioner especially for curly hair. I use Garnier curl nourish shampoo and conditioner and it really makes a difference!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • F3638A40-651E-4A04-A8DB-95CA47A0331D.jpeg
testing