Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

4C low porosity hair recommendations

I have 4C hair and I struggle with low porosity a lot. Does anyone have any recommendations for any products to help me manage it?

Re: 4C low porosity hair recommendations

Hi there - @DieselEngine  I would recommend a few key products to help your hair retain moisture. Remember some key facts about your hair with low porosity:  Use Lightweight Oils, Use heat when deep conditioning, Steam the Hair, Avoid Heavy Products, Use Water-based Products and of course avoid Silicons.  

SUNDAY II SUNDAY Argan Essential Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL  Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 32 oz/ 946 mL 

SUNDAY II SUNDAY Peppermint Essential Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL  adwoa beauty Blue Tansy Treatment Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL 

Hope this is helpful to you!😄

Regards,

Sherânda

I am with you! Every product that works for everyone doesn’t work on my hair. I’ve been using LUSH products. I twist my hair up at night tho so it’s not a put in and go product but I find it keeps my hair moisturised if I keep up with the routine. If I miss two days of putting product in tho, I’m finished. Let me know if you’re interested in the products I use! 

@DieselEngine

Hi- I'm wondering if a leave in hair mask a couple times a week would help with overall manageability? I know it dries for my curls... Something like amika The Kure Intense Bond Repair Hair Mask 8.4 oz / 250 ml or Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask 8.5 oz/ 250 mL ? 

I might try the amika one, thank you!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing