cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Feedback Wanted: Brand New Too Faced Concealer

Too Faced Concealer.png

Too Faced and Sephora have partnered to give select members of the Beauty Insider Community early access to a brand new launch from Too Faced: Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer.

Not only does this product conceal, it also contours, highlights, and all with a long-wear natural finish. The formula contains skin-loving ingredients for a photo-ready complexion.

We want to hear your thoughts on this new product! Please share your first impressions and looks on this thread. We look forward to your feedback!

Re: Feedback Wanted: Brand New Too Faced Concealer

Congratulations on receiving these @gonerogue, I loved reading your feedback! ☺️ It looks like such an amazing product!

@bakeamuffin Thank you! It’s such a GREAT concealer ❤️

You look stunning! I love how your skin looks and the glo...

You look stunning! I love how your skin looks and the glow whoa girl! @gonerogue

Re: You look stunning! I love how your skin looks and the glo...

@Anewxa Thank you! I think I used a drugstore highlight that day. I’m a fan of the J.Cat highlights. They are cheap and stunning!

RE: Feedback Wanted: Brand New Too Faced Concealer

I’m so grateful to Too Faced and Sephora for being chosen to test out this product. I just received my package today and look forward to testing them out and sharing my review ❤️

Finally got around to try out the concealers I received! Born This Way foundation is my HG, but the Naturally Radiant concealer wasn't my jam as I prefer higher coverage concealers. Needless to say, I was super excited when I heard that Too Faced was coming out with a Born This Way SUPER COVERAGE concealer. Yaas.

Spoilers: it might replace my Tarte Shape Tape. 😮

37E92013-3DBC-49F3-83B5-A4DDD43854D9.JPGPerfect doe foot applicator!Perfect doe foot applicator!Concealer size vs. Foundation sizeConcealer size vs. Foundation sizeBorn This Way Super Coverage Concealer swatches: Honey, Light Beige, NudeBorn This Way Super Coverage Concealer swatches: Honey, Light Beige, NudeComparison swatches with Tarte Shape Tape in Light Sand and Too Faced Foundation in VanillaComparison swatches with Tarte Shape Tape in Light Sand and Too Faced Foundation in Vanilla

Preface: The majority of my review will be referring to Tarte Shape Tape as that is/was my go-to concealer, and the concept of this concealer reminds me a lot of it. My skin-type is mostly dry, with an oily t-zone. My skin is acne prone, so I have acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and on top of that, my dark circles are getting worse by the day. 😂

• COVERAGE: Definitely high coverage, as stated in the name. In my opinion, it has slightly MORE coverage than Shape Tape. I didn't even know that was possible!
  • FINISH: It is less matte than Shape Tape, so I prefer this for my dry areas in terms of finish. Shape Tape dries more quickly, while this leaves a slight glow for a longer period of time. I noticed that this concealer also blurs pores, just like the Born This Way foundation. Love.
  • CONSISTENCY: Not too thick, and not too liquidy. It is less thick in consistency than Shape Tape, so it makes it easier to blend.
  • PACKAGING: I love the Born This Way packaging. The bottle is made of thick glass, so the product has decent weight. The doe foot applicator picks up a decent amount of product.
  • VALUE: This concealer has amazing value. At 0.5 oz (!!) for $29, you're getting 0.17 more oz than Shape Tape for $2 more. 

While this product reminds me A LOT of Shape Tape, it is easier to blend, has slightly more coverage, provides a blurring effect, and has better packaging AND value. I prefer this over my Shape Tape.

I did a quick coverage test with the same amount of product to cover each side:

While the lighter shade of the Shape Tape concealer might play a role in how the coverage looks, to me, it looks like the Too Faced concealer has more coverage.  While this was just an attempt to demonstrate coverage, I've made this observation on my face as well.
Coverage: Too Faced vs. TarteCoverage: Too Faced vs. Tarte

@myumew:  Your photos are gorgeous!  Thanks for showing the opacity of the Too Faced concealer; I'm almost out of my current KVD Lock-It concealer, and may purchase the Too Faced one instead to see if it does an equally great job of concealing blemishes.

RE: Re: Feedback Wanted: Brand New Too Faced Concealer

@myumew this is a great post!! I completely agree with everything you said here! This will be replacing my Shape Tape as well as the product better fits my needs (acne redness and scarring coverage with a natural finish) and the value is unbeatable!

Glad you are loving it @myumew - I totally sgrrr about the finish! It feels much more natural which is good for the undereyes 

Fantastic post!!  Your review is so informative @myumew, and I love the photos - they're so helpful and, your photography skills are amazing as usual.  I have been thinking about getting this concealer and this has helped a lot.  Thank you!!

So i gave the concealer a go today! I’m posting a before pick. On the right side (the side with the pink dot ) is the Laura Mercier flawless fusion in 2n as that has been my go to lately. The left side in the new too faced born this way concealer in light beige. The Charlotte tilbury airbrush powder is what I used to set per my usual routine. So initial thoughts - I’m really happy with the coverage the Too Faced one gives. It’s full coverage but was not difficult to blend out at all. I could definitely use it for my light every day makeup with no issue. The color was nice for me . I prefer a more neutral tone as opposed to yellow so this was good for me. In the picture it’s hard to tell but I did feel that it settled a bit more into fine lines than the Laura mercier one. Since I feel like it’s natural to compare to the Tarte shape tape concealer I did find this to be similar coverage to that. Both settle for me into fine lines but I did find the too faced slightly easier to blend than the Tarte one. Overall I do think I would put this into everyday rotation.

Thank you Too Faced and Sephora! I’ve mentioned here in the past I have extremely dark genetic under eye circles so concealer is something I never skip on - even if I’m wearing no other makeup! I’m always on the hunt for new awesome ones and I can’t wait to try this! Plus I love duel use products so it’s great it can contour as well. I will be trying it out tomorrow but for now here are some swatches. It felt creamy on my arm and I feel like it’s a generous amount of product. Light beige looks like it will be perfect for my undereyes

Re: RE: Feedback Wanted: Brand New Too Faced Concealer

Great post @Kim888!  Your review and swatches are going to come in handy for me.  Thank you!

Re: RE: Feedback Wanted: Brand New Too Faced Concealer

Congrats @Kim888 and thanks for the swatches. I have hereditary dark circles as well, so can’t wait to hear what you think.

Thank you again @SephoraBIC for this opportunity! Let’s start with some background. I am 37 years old with hereditary dark circles and fine lines. As far as product, I use NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate, Kora Noni Radiant Eye Oil and either Tatcha The Pearl or Ole Henriksen Banana Bright during the day. My undereyes are my biggest “concern”. As of late, I have been using Benefit Boi-oing corrector in #3, Shape Tape in Medium and Tan as well as Makeup Revolution in #12 and #10. Too Faced is not as creamy in consistency as Tarte. It’s full coverage and dries down to a satin finish. I do think you have to work fast so I do one eye at a time. It layers well over my extensive under-eye routine. My Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder helps brighten even more. It’s my Holy Grail for setting concealer. Overall, the finish, coverage and undertones are perfect. I plan on purchasing one more shade lighter to see if that will brighten them even more. I’m very picky when it comes to concealers and this looks like it may be in regular rotation!

E8A54BAA-E9C8-457E-BCEC-26E53D529EF9.jpeg

What shades did you get @darlyndar? I use shape tape in m...

What shades did you get @darlyndar? I use shape tape in medium as well.

I had been thinking the packaging was really big for a concealer and then I noticed that this is half an ounce! That's a lot for a concealer. These are going to last me a long time.

@purly I agree! It’s a huge component with a lot of product. That’s always a plus! 

I’ll be sharing my reviews as soon as I test mine out! Thank you @SephoraBIC!

I didn't realize this thread existed either... I posted in the other one! 

I wore my concealer for eight hours yesterday in hot muggy weather. It stayed in place and looked great. Going to give it another go today.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos36
  • Too Faced Concealer.png
  • IMG_6454.JPG
  • IMG_6455.JPG
  • IMG_6456.JPG
  • E8A54BAA-E9C8-457E-BCEC-26E53D529EF9.jpeg
  • 37E92013-3DBC-49F3-83B5-A4DDD43854D9.JPG
  • Perfect doe foot applicator!
  • Concealer size vs. Foundation size