Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Favorite foundations?? Medium- full coverage preferred!

I feel like I've tried so many foundations and I never end up LOVING them. I've only repurchased 2 ever (tarte rainforest of the sea water foundation, KVD's foundation) and they just didn't work for me after a while (skin changed). Right now I'm really really liking the re(marc)able foundation but I think it might be breaking me out. 

My skin is pretty dry everywhere but my t-zone but it's very oily there. 

What are some of everyones favorites? I would love to know 🙂

RE: Favorite foundations?? Medium- full coverage preferred!

I have more combo/oily instead of just oily skin the closer to 30 I get, so on the days I'm a little more oily I reach for my KVD lock it foundation. When my skin is a little more combo, I reach for the CoverFX natural finish foundation. I've also tried the Remarcable foundation as a sample and really enjoyed it (can't quite pull the trigger on it - maybe the VIB sale). I tend to have to mix a white shade adjuster drop with a lot of foundations so when I find ones that work, I stick with them (if it ain't broke don't fix or) but I am curious to go in store and search some of the Fenty Beauty foundation.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Favorite foundations?? Medium- full coverage preferred!

The Dior Skin Star: Mat, Very Natural but gives a glow

Re: Favorite foundations?? Medium- full coverage preferred!

Clinique beyond perfecting, its super full coverage but looks natural with a beauty blender or stippling brush.

I have the same skin type. I love the Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation. It's full coverage and lasts for a long time. Only problem is oxidation, but it still looks fine.

Clinique beyond perfecting!!!! A little goes a long way
Anonymous Insider

Don't sleep on Clinique's beyond perfecting foundation! You may have to put a little powder to ward off shine in the T-zone, but you won't have to worry about it breaking you out because Clinique is all dermatologist approved, non pore-clogging genius! Neat applicator and buildable coverage means you can have medium to full coverage depending on your mood (or your skins mood 😉).

oooo! I'll have to give it a shot!! I've heard a lot of good things from some of my friends about it anyways so I was actually looking into that one!

Kat Von D!

I used to use the Hourglass foundation (forget what it was called) and found that it didn't last all day.  So I moved on to Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet which was alright, but still wasn't what I was looking for.  I had a friend that told me about Estee Lauder and all I really knew about it was that old ladies wear it. So naturally that's what I associated it with.  Luckily I gave the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation a try and I haven't switched. I have a summer color and a rest of the year color.  I find that it lasts all day and feels super light even though it's a full coverage foundation and lasts up to humidity. It's also oil-free. 

It's such a cult favorite so idk why it's taken me so long to hop onto the band wagon. Looks like this is probably going to be my next purchase! 

Also I lol'd at the old lady thing. I always thought of my Mimi whenever I heard the name

I wear the Lancome teint idole. Oil free and medium to full coverage. 

I have combination skin, and I LIVE for Laura Mercier's foundation. Just a single pump covers my whole face when applied with a beauty blender, and I have consistently received compliments about how smooth my skin looks. I also have dark under eyes, and this foundation used with concealer is never heavy or cakey. It's worth the money, and lasts for a long time!

You HAVE to try the new All Hours foundation by Yves Saint Laurent. It is AMAZING. It is raved about by every YouTube guru- so I had to try it for myself and I absolutely love it. It has a hefty price tag of $58 but I believe it is well worth it. It looks so flawless on the skin with a lightweight feel with full- buildable coverage. You won't regret it!

Re: RE: Favorite foundations?? Medium- full coverage preferred!

ugh, sold!! I think I'm going to get this and the Double Wear foundation another person recommended. Thank you so much!!

I love MUFE's Ultra HD foundation.

My skin is similar to yours; dry with an oily t-zone. I always moisturise first, let it set in, then use MUFE's Step 1 Skin Equalizer, followed by their foundation. Some times I mix the foundation with lotion for a bit of a sheerer, more moisturising look. Top it off with powder, and I'm set to go. Lasts all day, doesn't look dry, and if it's a bit oily, I just powder it a little. I'd recommend buying a portable face brush with a cover since the powder pads can be a bit overpowering for a touch-up.

Anonymous Insider

i've had the same problem, but once i tried estee lauder double wear foundation i was so happy, its worth it

Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing