cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Dry under eyes from too faced concealer

Hi everyone,

I am reaching out because I am hoping that someone can give me some advice on how to make the Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer work better for me. I am a bridal makeup artist and I have been finding that it is tough to blend as it dries down fast and leaves the skin and under eyes looking dry and not skin like as I would prefer. I don’t know if perhaps I need to blend with a sponge or a different brush style than what I use (at the moment I blend with a small fluffy brush) but I really want to be able to make this product work for me and my clients! I set with the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder and bake the inner corner for brightness with a bit of HUDA BEAUTY Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder . I don’t find that these powders are drying in general so I don’t think they are the culprit…

I also pair this product with the Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation 

please let me know if you have any tips or tricks, it would be greatly appreciated :).

EDIT: I have found some success by blending it out with a sponge sprayed with a bit of setting spray! Made it look more skin like. Suggestions still welcome if there is any more tips and tricks someone has up their sleeve :)!

Re: Dry under eyes from too faced concealer

Hello, I apply a very thin layer, blend and let it dry fully. The shade I use is much lighter than my skin. Also set with Charlotte Tilbury setting powder with a pouffy brush. I will try your other techniques. Thank you!

@brynnlshaw I never found this concealer to be particularly drying but I tend to not set my concealers and I just pat away the creases as needed. I usually use an eye cream like the Sunday Riley Auto Correct Brightening + Depuffing Eye Cream for Dark Circles 0.5 oz/ 15 mL or Algenist Triple Algae Eye Renewal Balm Eye Cream . You could try putting the cream on before you do eyeshadow and then doing the concealer after you're done and the cream has had a chance to absorb. Give it a chance to dry down on it's own and see what it does without baking. Finish off with a little powder if needed and just pat away any creases before you set. 

Thank you for your reply! I will definitely look into an eye cream and see how that helps.

A concealer that is super full coverage and extremely hydrating is the Dior forever skin correct. It’s great for bags and hydrating. Covers dark circles up good. It also has a bigger bottle like the too faced. I see it with the Charlotte tilbury airbrush flawless powder too. So I think it would be great. 

Thanks for the recommendation!

@brynnlshaw I stopped using that particular concealer under my eyes because I also found that it was a little too drying and matte and really emphasized any undereye texture that I have.  Frankly, the only way that I could get it to look halfway decent was to use a little oil underneath it first but the easiest solution for me was to just use something else.  There are so many great concealers out there and I was able to eaaaasily find a couple that still provide coverage but are much more flattering.  Sorry that it isn't the solution that you were wanting but maybe it's important to ask--is there a reason that you feel like you HAVE to make that concealer work?  

Thanks so much for your reply! I did a lot of research into this concealer and truthfully didn’t see any reviews about how I am experiencing it, hence why I bought it. I have just started doing makeup professionally and invested a lot of money into my new kit and so I simply want to make this work because it is not in my budget to buy a whole new shade range of concealers… maybe I will try some extra skincare under my brides eyes to see how that helps things. Thanks again for taking time to answer!

@brynnlshaw hope you can find a way to make it work for you!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing