Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Color corrector or concealer for dark circles?

1. I've been trying to find to right coverage for my dark circles. I have fair skin, dry uner eyes and very dark circles. I don't know if I should just be using a concealer, color corrector, or both for my dark circles? Also which brands work best for dry skin? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you

Screenshot_20230523_152850_Photos.jpg

Re: Color corrector or concealer for dark circles?

@DixieB03  As someone who also struggles with dark under-eye circles, I feel your pain, believe me! I've also discovered that no concealer works well on them, because after wearing it for a few hours or even less (one time it did this before I even left the Sephora store), the concealer inevitably creases and breaks up, looking very obviously like I'm wearing concealer and need to fix my makeup - not the effect I was going for. I've tried a number of concealers, and can only say that some failed less badly than others.

Now, granted, you're at least 20 years younger than me, so your mileage may vary. LOL. If I do need a concealer elsewhere, I've had good results with Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Brightening Concealer. The best under-eye concealer I've used is tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer but like I said, not a perfect result.

What I've found more promising, rather than concealers or colour correctors (which for me have the same issue of breaking up under my eye), is using eye creams intended to brighten the eye instead of being a full-on concealer, and over time to reduce or eliminate the issue. My two favourites so far are Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL and OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright+ Vitamin C Brightening Eye Crème 0.5 oz / 15 mL - the vitamin C helps reduce the darkness over time, and the creams themselves have enough tint to help the under-eye circles look better right away.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screenshot_20230523_152850_Photos.jpg
testing