Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Blemish Help!

I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give me!

I normally have normal to dry skin (and sensitive).  This winter it got REALLY dry so I started using FAB Face Cleanser and Ultra Repair Cream instead of neutrogena face wash and moisturizer.  I hadn't really been having any problems with acne, so I figured it would be fine to switch since it seemed I didn't need acne cleanser. 

That was about a month ago.  When I woke up Friday morning I noticed a glaring red blemish on my cheek.  By lunch time there were three.  And now (Sunday afternoon) I am up to 10.  I started applying tea tree oil on them for spot treatment last night.  But I'm not really sure if it is helping. 

What should I do?  Should I switch to a different cleanser and moisturizer?  I love the FAB products; they have completely ended my dry skin problems.  But I need to stop the acne from getting worse, even as a teenager I didn't have acne like this (I'm 25 for reference).   Should I try a different spot treatment?  Do I need to run and by a Clairisonic? 

Please help!

You should pick up the Origins acne spot treatment, it ha...

You should pick up the Origins acne spot treatment, it has 1% Salycylic Acid and a lot of natural helpers to sooth your skin. I also think you should get the Bliss No Zit Sherlock Acne System. i swear by it! its great! you should ALWAYS cleanse your skin though, even if you dont have any blemishes or problems

From personal experience, the Clarisonic has helped clear...

From personal experience, the Clarisonic has helped clear my skin and I've never experienced anything like bacteria-creep-induced-face-breakout-ragers; however, that's a long term skincare regimen solution. 

In the short term, a product with salicylic acid or willow bark (similar ingredients) used for spot treatment should help speed the clearing of your current spots.

In the medium term, if your products are causing breakouts, I'd transition to something a little lighter.

Note that, of course, neither I nor (as far as anyone has claimed) anyone else who has responded so far am/are a dermatologist, so I/we can only speak from our own experience/s.

I agree with Tenngal; Clinique has been around for a long...

I agree with Tenngal; Clinique has been around for a long time and the products are hypoallergenic.  I googled Acentix because I've never heard of it,  and apparently it contains walnut shells as its exfoliant...I don't believe you want to use that on sensitive skin. 

I'm thinking that person's dermatologist is warning not t...

I'm thinking that person's dermatologist is warning not to use the Clarisonic for a longer period of time than is recommended if he or she said not to "overdo it". 

also, i read about the clairosonic today and the last pos...

also, i read about the clairosonic today and the last post i read said something about their dermatologist saying to be careful and not overdo it ... so i decided against it and instead just take my time to do a good/careful cleansing job.

if that is the only thing different in your life i would...

if that is the only thing different in your life i would move on and let the attachment to the products go.

You could try swapping to an acne-fighting makeup such as...

You could try swapping to an acne-fighting makeup such as:

Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup because it has great coverage, neutralizes redness and is medicated to help prevent future breakouts.  You can find it at: 
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259605​&categoryId=B70

You can also use Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer for any hard to cover blemishes.  It is medicated, too, and you can find it at: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P244700​&categoryId=B70

If the makeup isn't enough to stop the breakouts or if you don't want to switch to the makeup, I would suggest trying Clinique's "Acne Solutions" line of skincare products.  They make some great skincare products (I love their foaming cleanser) and I will list a few below:

You can get the three above items in a set together to try out (and save money by getting them in a set) called "Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit" and you can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188308​&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you. 🙂

Get Acnetix. Organic acne scrub that heals skin completel...

Get Acnetix. Organic acne scrub that heals skin completely, doesnt dry skin out, lasts forever, doesnt make things worse and bring acne back and just plain WORKS. Dont waste money on a clarisonic because its just going to spread bacteria around on your face and make things worse.

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing