cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Best Setting Power

Hey all, 

I have combination skin. Dryer around the eyes/cheeks, oily as ever on my forehead/nose/chin. What's the best setting powder to use? I currently use the LYS stick foundation and loveee it. I just need a better setting powder to help control the oily areas but also not too dry on the dryer parts. 

Helllpppp 💕 

Re: Best Setting Power

You've already got some great recommendations here but I'll weigh in too.

I also love Hourglass's setting powders as well @aurayne94 but another option is Danessa Myricks Beauty Evolution Setting & Blurring Loose Powder . I have her pink shade to combat my natural redness and it's very nice. 👌

Re: Best Setting Power

@aurayne94 Your choice is gonna be determined by your needs and preferences. I agree with @SportyGirly125  that Hourglass’s pressed powder is a great option. Pressed powders are really convenient for touch-ups. However, because it’s a pressed formula, it has liquid binders, so it won’t be the most matte. For that you’d need a loose powder. Not as convenient, a bit trickier for application, but loose will control oil better. I really like Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Setting Powder or Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder.  I think it actually makes sense to use both, so you don’t risk over-drying less oily areas, like your under eyes. Good luck! 🍀 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing