Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

@Sunnysmom, thank you! I really like how the blush/highlighters wear over CT's Flawless Foundation (as in the photos). The blushes are nice for every day or to complement a bolder eye and lip. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your selections!

@TraceyEB, these colors look phenomenal on you! I'm sold on Iris now! Love the swatches (and the Canadian pride spoiler! That's cool that the palettes were made in Canada!)

@itsfi, thank you so much! I suspect Iris can look redder depending on the shade of one's lips. Mine are mauve-y, so it's a solid rose. I also tried all sorts of lip liner shades (nude, pink, rose, red) with Iris and it really melds with the shade of the liner, so it should be quite versatile as well! If you order it, let me know what it looks like on you.

I was surprised to see Made in Canada but looking at his line, his lipstick, glosses, mascara, and blush are made in Canada, his bronzers and eyeshadows are made in the US, and his lip and eye liners are made in the Czech Republic.

Swatches from BeautyProfessor IG

Screenshot_20220301-181739.png

@TraceyEB Those swatches are so pretty, but can we talk about the Cartier bracelet LOL 😍.

@AMK721, we should all have one gorgeous statement piece, shouldn't we!

Well, this just makes me want both lipsticks @TraceyEB! 😆 

Tara has a video with swatches of the lipsticks and blush palettes. Desert Blossom has the pink blush; Sweet Wildflower has the nectar blush. Tara describes Iris as a brick rose and Poppy as a red in the same shade family.

Iris (top) and Poppy (bottom)Iris (top) and Poppy (bottom)

Desert Blossom (with a pink blush)Desert Blossom (with a pink blush)Sweet Wildflower (with a nude/nectar blush)Sweet Wildflower (with a nude/nectar blush)

Top to bottom: Sweet Wildflower highlighter & blush, Desert Blossom blush & highlighter, Coral Rose blush & highlighterTop to bottom: Sweet Wildflower highlighter & blush, Desert Blossom blush & highlighter, Coral Rose blush & highlighter

L-R: Sweet Wildflower highlight & blush, Dessert Blossom blush & highligher, Coral Rose highlighter & blush,Bright Poppy blush & highlighter, Vivid Azalea blush & highlighterL-R: Sweet Wildflower highlight & blush, Dessert Blossom blush & highligher, Coral Rose highlighter & blush,Bright Poppy blush & highlighter, Vivid Azalea blush & highlighter

I’m a little confused @TraceyEB . I thought Iris was to be the cooler one and Poppy warmer and yet Poppy says here that it’s redder and looks redder? Just a warmer red? What say you. Or anyone. @itsfi ?! 

@Sunnysmom, the only thing I’m sure about is that I’m utterly confused. 😆 The post that @TraceyEB put up with swatches from The Beauty Professor sorta makes me want both of the lipsticks. I’m just going to stick with my original plan to wait for @TraceyEB to weigh in after she has a chance to play with her purchases. 

Poppy looks to be the cooler one but it does have some slight red undertone, though i detect blue also. Not fit for print also has a video up on this collection

😂🤣 haha yes indeedy @itsfi! It’s kind of a head scratcher to me! I’m curious to see how they really are from Tracey.  Beauty P does have good pics so hers are really helpful as well! 

@Sunnysmom, my post is up! The Iris lipstick shade is a solid rose on me and yes, cool-toned. Very easy everyday shade.

Love it on you @TraceyEB , it’s so perfect for you! 😍

@Sunnysmom, it is confusing because they look so similar to one another. In the advertising material on Beautylish, Iris is described as a cool-toned medium rose and Poppy as a medium rose shade with warm undertones. Poppy is the darker of the two. I ordered Iris solely because it is cool toned and await to see if it shows rose or red when applied to my lips.

Just posted swatches from Beauty Professor and you can see a hint of rose in Iris when compared to Poppy. 🤣

i have to say, i wonder if there was a mixup when they got labeled as well. IMO desert blossom should be the warmer one 

Ah yes I do see it thanks @TraceyEB ! Tricky tricky! Good idea too that the Iris could hopefully bring out more red in lips. Still probably too light for me tho never know but I’ll wait to see your lovely results I hope! 😘🥰

@Sunnysmom, should have my order tomorrow and then we can how cool and red or rose Iris is! 💄

Sounds perfect @TraceyEB , I’m excited to see! I ordered the pink blush so I’m hoping it will be as beautiful as his others! 

The blushes are pretty but a little lackluster. I’ve only tried his lip products which i was not a fan of, so i can’t comment to the rest. But i saw some comments on the beautylish post where people thought it was going to be more bronzer shades. Apparently he expressed issue with extending the range because of cost but then came out with this collection …. I wasn’t tempted by his blushes because I’m not a fan of palettes or duos, I’d rather singles. Aside from that i wasn’t interested in the shades, and same for his bronzers. 

@aviscardi, that's too bad. I only heard this launch was for cheek products. Wayne's mentioned working on a foundation line, too, and he is price/cost sensitive. I enjoy most of what he has released except for Pearl Moonstone, which has some patchy eyeshadows. I have two of his bronzers - a red that I purchased and suits me and a golden one that was in his grab bag that shouldn't work on me but does and it's surprisingly stunning. I have no need for the contour shades. I have two of his blushes and they're nicely pigmented. After seeing Tara's video, I'm looking forward to the nude blush duo Sweet Wildflower and hope the pink shade in Dessert Blossom is deep enough. With glowy highlighters, even if swirled together with the blush, they should work for me. I'm preferring an understated, natural blush look these days. I like WG's lipsticks and especially the elegant effect his lipglosses have layered over any lipstick (and I hate lipgloss). I do wish the pan sizes in his bronzer and blush palettes were smaller; I'm in the mood for less product than a ton of any single product.

576 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos248
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg
  • Image1644479206339003910.jpg
  • Image4034210199682491396.jpg