Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

I was curious to see how WG's Smoky Topaz compares to Tom Ford's Cocoa Mirage, and they are surprisingly similar! Yes, Wayne's leans a tad cooler but the similarity, especially in the first 3 shades is remarkably close. The order for the WG swatches are (bottom of the arm to the top) shades 1, 2, 4, 3, and 5 in order to match to the comparable TF shades.

TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)Swatches from the Beauty Look Book.Swatches from the Beauty Look Book.Swatches from Wayne Goss launch video.Swatches from Wayne Goss launch video.

This is great to know, thank you, @TraceyEB

Great comparisons @TraceyEB thank you! It looks so flattering on you! 😍 Do you love his eye pencils too? I have not tried one. 

@Sunnysmom, I really like his latest eye pencils. I think there was a reformulation/improvement along the way. The ones that work well for me are the more recent releases: Tiger's Eye, Copper Flame, and Granite.  I have oily eye lids and found Obsidian and Precious Opal tended to transfer to my bottom lash line.

Thanks @TraceyEB  good to know. Putting it on the list and I’ll have to try one sometime soon. 

My Wayne Goss eyeshadow palette and eye pencil arrived but the celestial shade arrived damaged. Beautylish is shipping a new one to me. In the meantime, below are swatches of the eye pencil, the celestial shade, and shades 2-5; the first shade does not show up as it is the colour of my skintone. I'll see if I can get a better picture of all shades in the morning. 

I couldn't resist applying the celestial shade over the little eye makeup I had on - it's a stunner - opaque with micro glitters that look stunning on the eye and no fallout applying with a fingertip. See photos in the spoiler below. I tried on the matte shades tonight and they are beautifully pigmented and blend like a dream. This may well be Wayne's best eyeshadow palette! I'm over-the-moon pleased with this purchase!

P.S. I am wearing Wayne's foundation in the spoiler photos below. Note the under eye area! Will be posting about that next.

Tagging @makeitup305

PXL_20220627_171320076.jpg

PXL_20220627_233800450.jpg

Spoiler
PXL_20220627_234525743.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20220628_010724385.PORTRAIT.jpg 

looks great on you @TraceyEB !

@TraceyEB, it’s beautiful! I’m glad they’re sending out a replacement to you; my heart sank when I saw the shattered shadow. 😢  Your swatches look great! Love that there’s no fallout from the celestial shade. 😍 I’m excited to break open my palette when I’m home and have some time to play. 

Oh I love it on you @TraceyEB , soo flattering pretty! 😍 Celestial makes a beautiful topper. I couldn’t resist this either and agree with you - it’s just so smooth and beautiful! Glad you’re getting a new one of course. They have great CS for sure! 

@Sunnysmom, glad you picked it up!! I love shades like this and have customized palettes with shades like these but what a gorgeous curation by WG! The formula seems smoother than past releases and the celestial shade his best yet.

It’s really a beautiful group @TraceyEB and I agree the formula is so silky / velvety. Seems better than the previous cool toned one I have tho I like it as well. 😊

Oh my goodness so stunning @TraceyEB 😍. What are you doing to me? I try not to look 👀 I have to now 😘

You can't un-see it, @blackkitty2014! It's a stunner, it really is!

New Luxury Eye Palette in Smoky Quartz ($55) - a '90s inspired cool-toned palette with neutral browns, includes 5 matte shades and 1 celestial shade. There's also a new kohl eye pencil in Granite ($14).  Launches Tues., June 21 at 10 am PT/12:00 pm CT. Sign up on Beautylish or via link in Wayne's launch video.

Screenshot_20220617-132614~2.png

Screenshot_20220617-132622.png

Screenshot_20220617-133250.png

If anyone buys this, can you tag me? I would love to hear unbiased thoughts. I've been eyeing Pearl since it sold out but this one is gorgeous, too. I haven't tried any of his eye products yet, so any thoughts and comments are appreciated!

What @TraceyEB said @makeitup305 ⬇️. The shades are so wearable, soft yet pack a punch. I have Pearl Moonstone and like it but not love it like this new Smoky Quartz. Bet you’d love it. 

@Sunnysmom I bought it >--->

Awesome @makeitup305 , enjoy it! 

@makeitup305, just tagged you on my post. I want the Pearl palette but it has sold out each time it comes back into stock. I like all his palettes except for Pearl Moonstone, which I find is patchy and the gorgeous blue celestial doesn't keep its vibrancy. This palette has displaced Tourmaline as my favourite. My first impression of the shades is that they are creamy, pigmented, and blend like a dream. The celestial is a stunner and worth the palette alone. Will be trying it out more this week but I'm very impressed with the quality and colour story of this palette.

@TraceyEB I saw a couple of reviews and ended up ordering it over the weekend. After reading yours and looking at the swatches, I'm extra happy I did. Glad you love it! Pearl will be ours at some point!

Thanks @TraceyEB , ooh I like the looks of this wearable group! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos249
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg
  • Image1644479206339003910.jpg
  • Image4034210199682491396.jpg