Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

@Sunnysmom, and just when we loaded up on bronzers, here come the eyeshadow palettes! I'm a sucker for Fall colours, though.

😂 Yes @TraceyEB , that’s exactly right! Ugh!

Update: Launches Tues, August 30. Expect reveal video on Fri, August 26.

Amber Eye Collection launching soon. Wayne: "Something NEW is coming soon. Think sunset. Think autumn. Think STUNNING." Sign up via Beautylish. (Usual timing is reveal video on a Friday and launch the following Tuesday.)

Screenshot (455).png

@TraceyEB I can't wait to see what it is. I've been avoiding warm tones lately but I'm still intrigued.

Some quick pics of a quick look I did using the Smokey Quartz palette. I really like it. I noticed a bit of fading on the base shade of the sparkle shadow when I wore it yesterday and today but the sparkle stayed all day. More than a topper shade, the celestial shade in this palette reminds me of the shimmers in the Natasha Denona Glam Face & Eye Palette or the shimmers in the Tom Ford Metallust palette. Those are some of my favorite type of shades (like in the Vanity Makeup palette I harp on about) so I'm happy to add another one to my collection. 

20220630_143321.jpg20220630_143323.jpg

Here's a quick comparison of Smokey Quartz with PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction. They're not dupes but they have a similar vibe if you take out the more colorful blitz shades.

Spoiler
20220701_183142.jpg20220701_183117.jpg
WG on the left, PMG on the Right. PMG blitz is more glittery, the shimmers in the WG are much more refined.

@makeitup305, Smoky Quartz and Bronze Seduction are closer than I thought! SQ looks beautiful on you! Great every day kind of palette!

Here's Smoky Quartz and Granite in action. Also wearing WG Luxury Cream Foundation in Shade 10, Weightless Translucent Powder, Blush/Highlighter in Sweet Blossom, Waterproof Mascara, and Luxury Cream Lipstick in Walnut.

PXL_20220628_225222758.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20220628_225038832.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20220628_233223539.PORTRAIT.jpg

@TraceyEB @makeitup305 you guys! You both look beautiful and sophisticated using the palette. I think I need it now 🌹👏👍😘

@blackkitty2014 thank you! It reminds me of looks you get with TF and CT. I haven't tried any of his other palettes but since I had such a good experience with this one, I'll probably pick up Pearl when it restocks.

Gorgeous @TraceyEB ! This is a great look and super flattering on you!

I love your full face of Wayne Goss, @TraceyEB! You look beautiful! 

I was curious to see how WG's Smoky Topaz compares to Tom Ford's Cocoa Mirage, and they are surprisingly similar! Yes, Wayne's leans a tad cooler but the similarity, especially in the first 3 shades is remarkably close. The order for the WG swatches are (bottom of the arm to the top) shades 1, 2, 4, 3, and 5 in order to match to the comparable TF shades.

TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)TF Cocoa Mirage (L) and WG Smoky Quartz (R)Swatches from the Beauty Look Book.Swatches from the Beauty Look Book.Swatches from Wayne Goss launch video.Swatches from Wayne Goss launch video.

This is great to know, thank you, @TraceyEB

Great comparisons @TraceyEB thank you! It looks so flattering on you! 😍 Do you love his eye pencils too? I have not tried one. 

@Sunnysmom, I really like his latest eye pencils. I think there was a reformulation/improvement along the way. The ones that work well for me are the more recent releases: Tiger's Eye, Copper Flame, and Granite.  I have oily eye lids and found Obsidian and Precious Opal tended to transfer to my bottom lash line.

Thanks @TraceyEB  good to know. Putting it on the list and I’ll have to try one sometime soon. 

My Wayne Goss eyeshadow palette and eye pencil arrived but the celestial shade arrived damaged. Beautylish is shipping a new one to me. In the meantime, below are swatches of the eye pencil, the celestial shade, and shades 2-5; the first shade does not show up as it is the colour of my skintone. I'll see if I can get a better picture of all shades in the morning. 

I couldn't resist applying the celestial shade over the little eye makeup I had on - it's a stunner - opaque with micro glitters that look stunning on the eye and no fallout applying with a fingertip. See photos in the spoiler below. I tried on the matte shades tonight and they are beautifully pigmented and blend like a dream. This may well be Wayne's best eyeshadow palette! I'm over-the-moon pleased with this purchase!

P.S. I am wearing Wayne's foundation in the spoiler photos below. Note the under eye area! Will be posting about that next.

Tagging @makeitup305

PXL_20220627_171320076.jpg

PXL_20220627_233800450.jpg

Spoiler
PXL_20220627_234525743.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20220628_010724385.PORTRAIT.jpg 

looks great on you @TraceyEB !

@TraceyEB, it’s beautiful! I’m glad they’re sending out a replacement to you; my heart sank when I saw the shattered shadow. 😢  Your swatches look great! Love that there’s no fallout from the celestial shade. 😍 I’m excited to break open my palette when I’m home and have some time to play. 

Oh I love it on you @TraceyEB , soo flattering pretty! 😍 Celestial makes a beautiful topper. I couldn’t resist this either and agree with you - it’s just so smooth and beautiful! Glad you’re getting a new one of course. They have great CS for sure! 

@Sunnysmom, glad you picked it up!! I love shades like this and have customized palettes with shades like these but what a gorgeous curation by WG! The formula seems smoother than past releases and the celestial shade his best yet.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos248
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg
  • Image1644479206339003910.jpg
  • Image4034210199682491396.jpg