Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

😂🤣 haha yes indeedy @itsfi! It’s kind of a head scratcher to me! I’m curious to see how they really are from Tracey.  Beauty P does have good pics so hers are really helpful as well! 

@Sunnysmom, my post is up! The Iris lipstick shade is a solid rose on me and yes, cool-toned. Very easy everyday shade.

Love it on you @TraceyEB , it’s so perfect for you! 😍

@Sunnysmom, it is confusing because they look so similar to one another. In the advertising material on Beautylish, Iris is described as a cool-toned medium rose and Poppy as a medium rose shade with warm undertones. Poppy is the darker of the two. I ordered Iris solely because it is cool toned and await to see if it shows rose or red when applied to my lips.

Just posted swatches from Beauty Professor and you can see a hint of rose in Iris when compared to Poppy. 🤣

i have to say, i wonder if there was a mixup when they got labeled as well. IMO desert blossom should be the warmer one 

Ah yes I do see it thanks @TraceyEB ! Tricky tricky! Good idea too that the Iris could hopefully bring out more red in lips. Still probably too light for me tho never know but I’ll wait to see your lovely results I hope! 😘🥰

@Sunnysmom, should have my order tomorrow and then we can how cool and red or rose Iris is! 💄

Sounds perfect @TraceyEB , I’m excited to see! I ordered the pink blush so I’m hoping it will be as beautiful as his others! 

The blushes are pretty but a little lackluster. I’ve only tried his lip products which i was not a fan of, so i can’t comment to the rest. But i saw some comments on the beautylish post where people thought it was going to be more bronzer shades. Apparently he expressed issue with extending the range because of cost but then came out with this collection …. I wasn’t tempted by his blushes because I’m not a fan of palettes or duos, I’d rather singles. Aside from that i wasn’t interested in the shades, and same for his bronzers. 

@aviscardi, that's too bad. I only heard this launch was for cheek products. Wayne's mentioned working on a foundation line, too, and he is price/cost sensitive. I enjoy most of what he has released except for Pearl Moonstone, which has some patchy eyeshadows. I have two of his bronzers - a red that I purchased and suits me and a golden one that was in his grab bag that shouldn't work on me but does and it's surprisingly stunning. I have no need for the contour shades. I have two of his blushes and they're nicely pigmented. After seeing Tara's video, I'm looking forward to the nude blush duo Sweet Wildflower and hope the pink shade in Dessert Blossom is deep enough. With glowy highlighters, even if swirled together with the blush, they should work for me. I'm preferring an understated, natural blush look these days. I like WG's lipsticks and especially the elegant effect his lipglosses have layered over any lipstick (and I hate lipgloss). I do wish the pan sizes in his bronzer and blush palettes were smaller; I'm in the mood for less product than a ton of any single product.

Yea agree, i think his pan sizes are quite large overall and i wonder if he made the pans smaller the cost could lower and he’d have a bigger budget for more shades as well etc. normally i am all over bronzer but i don’t use contour, so I’m not surprised by the comments people made about the range. It kind of reminds me of the VB and vieve bronzers but neither i find to be too cool and i end up just mixing anyways

Sometimes these softer blush shades tend to go pastel on me, like LM Bellini. Loved it but paired with the wrong bronzer and it’s a no, so i gave it away lol. My typical gloss is on the sheer side and ultra glossy. Actually when i tried Lisa Eldridge, even though it’s not my typical formula that’s what i thought WG was going to be like. 

@aviscardi, bronzers are tricky to pick out online. I find many too golden or orange-y for me to be able to wear. The blush shades are light but have depth so I hope they wouldn't look pastel on you if worn with bronzer. I think you have to like a subtle blush look or glowy look if you use the blush and highlighters swirled together. The unique shade to me is the highlighter shade Petal in Dessert Bloom. Just posted my photos and swatches.

Here is the shade information posted on Beautylish for Wayne's new blush compacts and lipsticks.

Desert BlossomDesert BlossomSweet WildflowerSweet Wildflower

Screenshot (386).pngScreenshot (387).png

The mini Spring collection is revealed - 2 blush/highlighter duos and 2 lipsticks. All shades to have a brightening effect when worn and age-friendly, meaning pigments that work for all skin ages. Video with application on different skin tones, including the lipsticks, is on Wayne's YT and on Beautylish. From the video, the products are described below:

Weightless Veil Blush Palettes:

• Sweet Wildflower Dessert Blossom - a nectar blush (matte) and petal highlighter described as washes of gold, silver and pink (shimmer); and
  • Dessert Bloom Sweet Wildflower - a dusty rose blush (matte) and a honeysuckle highlighter described as a wash of sandy golds on the skin (shimmer).

Luxury Cream Lipsticks:

• Poppy - a warm-toned medium nude
  • Iris - a cool-toned nude

The lipsticks look red. Will post a description of the lipsticks when those details are available.

Screenshot_20220225-165414.png

Sweet Wildflower (not Dessert Blossom)Sweet Wildflower (not Dessert Blossom)Dessert Bloom (not Sweet Wildflower)Dessert Bloom (not Sweet Wildflower)Sweet Wildfire (not Dessert Blossom)Sweet Wildfire (not Dessert Blossom)Dessert Blossom (not Sweet Wildflower)Dessert Blossom (not Sweet Wildflower)

IrisIrisPoppyPoppy

I think they mixed up the shades in the video because in all the promo pics and influencer videos the pinker one is desert Blossom and warmer one (gold highlight) is sweet wildflower. I want the pinker one and can’t figure out which is which 😞

See attached photos for what i mean…

B65CA14F-8E3C-41FB-A1D8-34C231FC60C0.jpeg

D5CE6C05-DF80-4F6F-A413-F9B79B675357.jpeg

@TG842, oh no! Beautylish customer service would be able to help you! They've started contacting people on the pre-order list. I'm glad I ordered both as I really wanted the dusty rose blush/highlighter duo.

@Sunnysmom @itsfi @blackkitty2014 - the palette names and descriptions appear to be mismatched in Wayne's launch video and @TG842 noticed it! The pink blush duo is Desert Blossom; the nectar duo is Sweet Wildflower. I just posted swatches from Tarababyz's video as well as the blush palette descriptions from Beautylish.

Thanks @TraceyEB ! I wondered that too so good to know! I want one and trying not to do both! 😫😂

Oh no you ladies @TraceyEB @itsfi @Sunnysmomstarted it. I think I like Desert Bloom and Iris lipstick. Iris looks great on every YouTubers there.

@blackkitty2014 @itsfi @Sunnysmom, Beautylish contacted to pre-order, so I ordered both blushes and the Iris lipstick. I know. 😂💸

@blackkitty2014, the Iris lipstick does look good on everyone in the video! I'm eyeing that and the Sweet Wildflower blush though I'm intrigued by the highlighter in Dessert Bloom and may just get both blush duos.

Conversation Stats
Photos249
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg
  • Image1644479206339003910.jpg
  • Image4034210199682491396.jpg
  • Image6390876963062495251.jpg