Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

Yea agree, i think his pan sizes are quite large overall and i wonder if he made the pans smaller the cost could lower and he’d have a bigger budget for more shades as well etc. normally i am all over bronzer but i don’t use contour, so I’m not surprised by the comments people made about the range. It kind of reminds me of the VB and vieve bronzers but neither i find to be too cool and i end up just mixing anyways

Sometimes these softer blush shades tend to go pastel on me, like LM Bellini. Loved it but paired with the wrong bronzer and it’s a no, so i gave it away lol. My typical gloss is on the sheer side and ultra glossy. Actually when i tried Lisa Eldridge, even though it’s not my typical formula that’s what i thought WG was going to be like. 

@aviscardi, bronzers are tricky to pick out online. I find many too golden or orange-y for me to be able to wear. The blush shades are light but have depth so I hope they wouldn't look pastel on you if worn with bronzer. I think you have to like a subtle blush look or glowy look if you use the blush and highlighters swirled together. The unique shade to me is the highlighter shade Petal in Dessert Bloom. Just posted my photos and swatches.

Here is the shade information posted on Beautylish for Wayne's new blush compacts and lipsticks.

Desert BlossomDesert BlossomSweet WildflowerSweet Wildflower

Screenshot (386).pngScreenshot (387).png

The mini Spring collection is revealed - 2 blush/highlighter duos and 2 lipsticks. All shades to have a brightening effect when worn and age-friendly, meaning pigments that work for all skin ages. Video with application on different skin tones, including the lipsticks, is on Wayne's YT and on Beautylish. From the video, the products are described below:

Weightless Veil Blush Palettes:

• Sweet Wildflower Dessert Blossom - a nectar blush (matte) and petal highlighter described as washes of gold, silver and pink (shimmer); and
  • Dessert Bloom Sweet Wildflower - a dusty rose blush (matte) and a honeysuckle highlighter described as a wash of sandy golds on the skin (shimmer).

Luxury Cream Lipsticks:

• Poppy - a warm-toned medium nude
  • Iris - a cool-toned nude

The lipsticks look red. Will post a description of the lipsticks when those details are available.

Screenshot_20220225-165414.png

Sweet Wildflower (not Dessert Blossom)Sweet Wildflower (not Dessert Blossom)Dessert Bloom (not Sweet Wildflower)Dessert Bloom (not Sweet Wildflower)Sweet Wildfire (not Dessert Blossom)Sweet Wildfire (not Dessert Blossom)Dessert Blossom (not Sweet Wildflower)Dessert Blossom (not Sweet Wildflower)

IrisIrisPoppyPoppy

I think they mixed up the shades in the video because in all the promo pics and influencer videos the pinker one is desert Blossom and warmer one (gold highlight) is sweet wildflower. I want the pinker one and can’t figure out which is which 😞

See attached photos for what i mean…

B65CA14F-8E3C-41FB-A1D8-34C231FC60C0.jpeg

D5CE6C05-DF80-4F6F-A413-F9B79B675357.jpeg

@TG842, oh no! Beautylish customer service would be able to help you! They've started contacting people on the pre-order list. I'm glad I ordered both as I really wanted the dusty rose blush/highlighter duo.

@Sunnysmom @itsfi @blackkitty2014 - the palette names and descriptions appear to be mismatched in Wayne's launch video and @TG842 noticed it! The pink blush duo is Desert Blossom; the nectar duo is Sweet Wildflower. I just posted swatches from Tarababyz's video as well as the blush palette descriptions from Beautylish.

Thanks @TraceyEB ! I wondered that too so good to know! I want one and trying not to do both! 😫😂

Oh no you ladies @TraceyEB @itsfi @Sunnysmomstarted it. I think I like Desert Bloom and Iris lipstick. Iris looks great on every YouTubers there.

@blackkitty2014 @itsfi @Sunnysmom, Beautylish contacted to pre-order, so I ordered both blushes and the Iris lipstick. I know. 😂💸

@blackkitty2014, the Iris lipstick does look good on everyone in the video! I'm eyeing that and the Sweet Wildflower blush though I'm intrigued by the highlighter in Dessert Bloom and may just get both blush duos.

Ha always the way @blackkitty2014 ! I do like his blush too so I bet they’re really flattering on plus the lippies so comfy. Really, more blush?! 

I know right @Sunnysmom . The only way to not waste my blushers is to pile them on and hence clown 🤡 face 😂🤣

Never @blackkitty2014 ! Not that cute face! 🥰

@TraceyEB, these are great photos of the new WG products. I like the blush color in the Sweet Wildflower duo but prefer the highlight shade from the Dessert Blossom compact based on the description. What to do?!!!

I agree that the lipsticks look more red than what I think of when I think of a nude lip color, especially in the videos of the YT'ers trying them on. I'm not sure about the lipsticks - I do like the formulations on all his lippies, but I'm not sure about the lipsticks.

@itsfi, I'm drawn to the highlighter in Dessert Bloom, too. Debating whether to get both blushes or start with the Sweet Wildflower duo and the Iris lipstick. Decisions, decisions.

@TraceyEB, I’ve been mulling over whether to pick up both blush duos; I’m leaning that way. 😆 The blush in the Desert Bloom compact looks really light, which would probably work for me right now or next winter.  

I have a feeling I will end up holding off on the lipsticks this round, and then regret that decision when I see how beautiful it looks on you and @blackkitty2014! Will live vicariously through you both; at least that’s what I’ve decided for now. Let’s see if that remains the case on Tuesday. 😝 

Sorry to interject @itsfi @TraceyEB forgive! 😱 I dislike that when I like one blush and a diff highlighter! lol. Such decisions then. I’ve also noticed that nude red trend going on this season or recently . Suppose can be one. You posted another new release nude lip that was the “deep” and it was like a red too. Escapes me now! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Also LaBouche R had a nude red I got last year that I love. Hmm 🤔

@Sunnysmom, this would be a much easier decision if Wayne just put both blushes and highlighters in one compact! 😄

@Sunnysmom @TraceyEB yeah, decisions, decisions. Maybe a good strategy to get us to buy both blush/highlight duos. 😂 

No need to apologize sunnysmom! I think the other nude lipstick release you're referring to is from the new Valentino lipsticks?

Aww thank you @itsfi . 😘 Yup I wouldn’t be surprised! It’s happened before. Lol. Yes! That’s it thank you! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Too many new lippies rattling around in this old noggin!😆

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos248
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg
  • Image1644479206339003910.jpg
  • Image4034210199682491396.jpg