Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

Oh wow thanks @TraceyEB , how soft and pretty these look! I hope he does a new red lippie too bec I didn’t love the last one. ( And heaven knows I need another choice! 🙃

@Sunnysmom, ha! Wayne has said he doesn't like red lipstick, so these are about as close as we might get for red. I have Zinnia and Carnation (and a bunch of nudes), which are nice every day shades but I'm enamoured with layering his lipglosses over his lipsticks. They add a beautiful, even sophisticated topper effect, and I'm not a fan of lipgloss. The blush/highlighters are the stars of this collection. They look so pretty and flattering!

Yup I remember him saying that too @TraceyEB ! Oh well! The new shades look so wearable. I recall you loved his gloss over them. I’m also not a big gloss girl at all but I’ll have to give his a whirl. Sometimes I do a Chanel or Chantecaille one over shades to change them so that’s a good reminder thank you! 😘

Mascara restock!

Screenshot_20220216-113523.png

The mini collection that @itsfi posted below launches on Tuesday, March 1 at 10 am PT/12 pm CST; Wayne's reveal video should be posted on Friday, Feb 25.  Wayne dropped the names Dessert Blossom and Sweet Wildflower in his post and one of the compacts shows two pans, hinting at a cheek palette.

Good intel @TraceyEB! Do you think you’ll pick up anything from this collection?

@itsfi, yes, I hope to pick up at least one of the cheek compacts and a lipstick. I have two of his blush and enjoy them; not sure the other shades would suit me, so looking forward to possibly more shades. I have two of the contour/bronzers, so not sure adding shades would suit me. What about you?

@TraceyEB, I’m wondering what colors the compacts will include. I can’t remember if I received a blush in his mystery bag; making a note to check on that sooner rather than later. If I don’t have a blush compact of his then I’ll probably pick one up here, if the colors work out. Will be interested in seeing the shade family (and formula) of the lipsticks. I am pretty sure I’ll pick up at least a lippie, even as I remind myself that I really don’t need more - lol!

@itsfi, like you, I definitely don't need any more lipsticks but will take a peek...😂

@TraceyEB, we have to at least take a peek, right? 😉

A few new beauties in the works from Wayne Goss 

Wayne Goss Sale.jpg

@TraceyEB 

Will have to try to find some more info on these new releases, and possibly swatches.

Ooh I wonder too @itsfi @TraceyEB ! 

@itsfi, this came out of the blue. Looking forward to the reveal!

@TraceyEB, it took me by surprise. When I received the email I initially thought it was a restock notice. I made a note of the date/time you posted for the reveal. Will definitely be interested in learning more.

Restock alert - Pearl eyeshadow palette

Screenshot_20211222-170823.png

Here are the details of the Wayne Goss Holiday Brush posted on Beautylish. Hair type is undyed goat. Cost is $95 US/$119 CAD.

About Wayne Goss Holiday Brush

Introducing the brush you’ve been waiting for all year. Handcrafted by Japanese artisans, the Wayne Goss Holiday Brush 2021 features a uniquely versatile shape for cleansing, applying self-tanner, or seamlessly blending foundation—and it’s only here for a limited time.

Why It’s Special
  • Handcrafted in Japan with undyed, uncut goat hair bristles for a decadently soft feel—even on sensitive skin
  • Oversized, flat-top shape for cleansing with your favorite cleanser, applying seamless self-tanner, and buffing in foundation with an airbrushed finish
  • Handmade in very limited quantities for the holiday season only
How to Use

To use for cleansing, wet brush with warm water and use gentle circular motions to work cleanser into damp skin. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry completely before each use. For liquid or cream foundation, bronzer, or contour, apply product to skin with your fingers and use the brush to blend with soft buffing motions. Use the edges of the flat top for more precision. Can also be used with powder products.

Other Details
  • Limited edition
  • Hair type: Undyed Goat Hair
  • Size: 107.95 mm (total length) x 25.4 mm (bristle length)

Ha i was just coming here to say it’s undyed goat. What do we think of it vs the price?

im trying to decide if i think it’s worth it. My only purpose would be for setting powder, wonder if it’s comparable to how i use my SG buffer pro 🤔

edit - Alicia archer has a video up now reviewing it. I only use beauty blenders for foundation and concealer but even if i didn’t , I don’t know that I’d want to use a natural hair especially something this dense. Coming up on 3ish hours and I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it for setting powder or is it too short and dense compared to the SG one.from her application it looked to work very well with powder foundation.
I think i am also spoiled by SG detailed overview where she also compares to other similar brush shapes @TraceyEB @blackkitty2014 

@aviscardi, I saw Alicia's video and her complexion products applied beautifully. I would use it least for powder. I've placed my pre-order but am out of town so won't see/use it until after the holidays. I'm okay with the price given all those bristles and the unique design.

Are you planning on using it for setting or powder foundation? The design is so stunning that’s what’s getting me. And i hate having fomo because these brushes are made in small quantities @TraceyEB 

@aviscardi, I will try it with powder as Wayne showed in his video. I don't own powder foundation but Alicia applied that beautifully in her video. I'm buying as part collector and part applier of liquid and cream products, using the brush's angles and flat surface. It's a hard decision.

To be honest I think the price is a bit high but everything costs more nowadays so I won’t blame Wayne. I’m debating too @aviscardi 

Conversation Stats
Photos248
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg
  • Image1644479206339003910.jpg
  • Image4034210199682491396.jpg
  • Image6390876963062495251.jpg