Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

I figured you were @TraceyEB ! Hope all is well there! 🤗🥰

@Sunnysmom @TraceyEB, I read on makeupmuddle that it will retail for $55, and includes 4 mattes, 1 shimmer, and 1 metallic/foil shade.

@itsfi, thanks for the intel! The metallic/foil finish is new to his eyeshadow palettes, so looking forward to seeing this one in particular!

@TraceyEB, he's released quite a few new products in a relatively short period of time, this year alone, yes? I'm interested to see swatches of these shadows too!

@itsfi, Wayne has released a high number of products recently! I thought there was going to be an extra release with the restock of his blushes but there is no hint of it. I can see why he stresses about the finances tied up in the manufacturing process. I've been enjoying the Goss Edit brush collection and his new mascara though I'm still getting used to a wand with smaller bristles that isn't loaded with goopy product.

@TraceyEB, I meant to ask if you picked up his mascara. I haven’t put it to use yet but I like hearing that the formula is not goopy. I’m not sure how I’ll take to the bristles though,  but there’s one way to find out. Have you found his mascara to hold up well? Any smudging? Flaking?

@itsfi, the mascara holds up really well: no smudging or flaking, no bits at the end of the lashes or clumping together of lashes, it didn't budge when my eyes were a bit watery in the outer corners. It is the blackest black mascara that I own. The first time I applied it and not being used to short wand bristles, I went over my lashes onto my eyelid - operator error. The wand is not covered in mascara, so it applies a light amount. I think it's designed for you to go back in and build it up. I like that feature a lot. A curled lash holds and it gave some length without a mascara curler. There's no mascara build up at the end of the wand to worry about. I really like it and will purchase again. Hope it works for you, too!!

Thank you @TraceyEB! This is great information. The outer corners of my eyes can water from time to time so it’s good to hear that the mascara held up! ♥️

Hey thanks @itsfi great info! 🤗 It looks like a thoughtful set of good basics doesn’t it?! 

@Sunnysmom, it looks like the most neutral of his eyeshadow palettes. 

It does @itsfi . I’m going to try and resist it . at least until we see some good swatches! I’m sure I have plenty of others but I do like to support him and his products. I love his blush, how shocking. Lol. 

Wayne is revealing his mascara on Friday, June 25. Sign up on Beautylish for launch notification.

Screenshot_20210621-125848.pngImg_2021_06_23_13_16_29.jpeg

Swatches of the Wayne Goss Radiance Boosting Palette in Satin Bronze. This is the middle palette. When they were set to launch, I couldn't decide between the lightest palette and this one. From some pics that were released before the launch, the shades in this middle palette looked darker and the lighter shade more orange than I like, which is what gave me some pause, but I am so happy I picked this one up.

Indoor lightingIndoor lighting

The powders are buttery. There are 2 passes of each color in the swatches. They apply really smoothly, no kick up. The lighter bronze shade (Bronze Glow) has a soft sheen to it that I like very much. It keeps it from being flat but isn't so shimmery to be obvious. A noticeable but understated sheen; really beautiful. 😍

Outdoor lightingOutdoor lighting

The darker shade (Medium Taupe) makes for a perfect, "natural" contour on my skin tone, which, without bronzer or self tanner is fair-light with neutral undertones. This darker shade has a matte finish and it really does work wonderfully as a contour - it's got some red to it that keeps it from being too warm or orange and also from looking too grey or greige as some contour shades can pull on me. I've been meaning to try it as an eye shadow, maybe a transition shade. I think it could work nicely.

I'm not wearing a full face of makeup these days, so I haven't tested both these out at the same time. I've been using them separately, with Bronze Glow on its own for a healthy glow, or with Medium Taupe as a contour if I'm using something like Victoria Beckham Beauty Priming Moisturizer in Golden. @TraceyEB, it was later in the day, early evening, when I took these pics. I can take pictures again this week mid-day when the light is a little better, especially for the outdoor shots. Let me know if that would help; happy to do it.

@itsfi, your photos and descriptions of this palette are exceptional! Thank you so much for posting! I do think this palette could work for me. Your description of the potential pitfalls with the contour shade (pulling orange or grey/griege) are exactly what I would be concerned about; so glad it works for you! The Bronze Glow is a standout shade!!

@itsfi The medium taupe shade looks beautiful. I'm glad you like the colors in the palette! 

Wow @itsfi these are really really pretty! I love them!! I can see why you like them and they really suit you. Great, what have you done! 😫😂 thank you I think! 🥰😂

Sonia G. has posted her first impressions of the Goss Edit Collection brushes with comparisons. Here is her comparison with the Artist Brushes:

Thanks @TraceyEB this is really helpful info for me. I’m quite brush challenged on which to use for what! I would love singles in these also. 

Thank you for posting this @TraceyEB! I wasn't sure whether to pick up the set or just wait to see if WG will release the brushes separately; decided (tentatively - ha!) to go with the latter. I have his Artist set and after reading Sonia G's comparison, I think waiting to see if the brushes will be sold individually is the best way to go for me.

@itsfi, that's a good way to go! I love the Artist Brushes; they're such a special collection!

Beautylish is processing pre-orders for the Edit Collection. 💜🖌

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos248
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg