Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Pacifica Beauty Thread

โœจ๏ธ The Pacifica Beauty Thread โœจ๏ธ 

shoppers-assortment-e1643660961522.jpg

โ€ƒ

(I couldn't find Pacifica anywhere on the BIC Beauty boards and I think that means they need thier own dedicated thread)

A place to share all things Pacifica. New releases, Q&A, sharing purchases, anything! If you want to share about this brand, you've come to the right place ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Pacifica means peacefullโœŒ๏ธ And has been creating cruelty free, vegan beauty for 25 years ๐Ÿฅณ

Let's share our love of this innovative beauty maker ๐Ÿฉต๐Ÿฉถ๐Ÿฉท

Re: The Pacifica Beauty Thread

I would like to try some Pacifica products, but I can't find any guidelines on the website that tells me what products would work best for my age, skin type etc. Most brands offer some sort of "quiz" or something to get you going in the right direction. Isn't this sort of odd?

New line up Released ๐Ÿฉต๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฉท

Screenshot_20230628_075618_Instagram.jpg

โ€ƒ

I wonder if this will hit Canadian shelves?

โ€ƒ

Hello!

I wanted to write on this thread that Iโ€™ve gotten a lot of compliments on my โ€œconcealerโ€. When I tell people that itโ€™s not concealer, but an eye cream, they are pretty surprised. This eye cream is Pacifica Dreamlit Glow Undereye Brighter. Itโ€™s perfect for the my no makeup days! 

That is sooo awesome! @kizaaa 

Pacifica is so fun and I think maybe a little under rated. They have some excellent items.  

I love that your getting compliments too ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ’– you know a product is really working for you when those moments happen. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

In the makeup section at ULTA, I found the collagen setting spray and it feels really juicy on the skin, it's strongly fragranced and does leave the skin kind of sticky. Not sure if anyone found a good way to counteract that stickiness if they use this one. The cherry matte setting spray is also something my partner with oily skin enjoys to sprits on his face whenever he feels like it since it's got that sweet smell and feel refreshing for him.
He also loves the SPF 45 setting mist (he does not wear makeup, but if it gets him happy to use SPF everyday, he can wear all the setting spray he likes haha) - this is also heavily fragranced and feels a bit heavier than a traditional setting spray but very elegant compared to a couple of sunscreen mist sprays I've tried and immediately rejected. It looks perfectly fine on him and doesn't disturb his oily acne prone skin using it pretty much daily. 

> Just people with any sort of essential oil and fragrance allergies be warned that both these items will absolutely be a no go for you (now I've been diagnosed with lavender allergy I can't use these 2 anymore - but I enjoyed it while I could & my partner loves fruity and flowery skincare so he's having fun finishing up everything I have added to his routine reserve one by one).

Unfortunately the Kale and the Coconut face lotions are discontinued before I've been able to open either one up to use. But my mother said she loves the kale one I got her and the dreamy youth one was a bit thick and not fragrant like she likes her skincare, so I'll be looking to use that one now since that's exactly what I need in my face creams. I mentioned somewhere in a reply the Quinoa sleep mask being discontinued is very sad since it's such good value. I have the ceramide barrier lotion to begin using in a few days. I love the scalp mint + rosemary serum - really soothed my scalp before I found the right shampoo product to stop the irritation. 

The 3 sprays/ mists are both regularly available on discount in ULTA in their buy 1 get 1 40% off offer throughout the year, so I've never had to buy either at full price to keep stocked up. Unsure about the lotions/ face creams if they are included in those sales too since I haven't needed to buy them since I stocked up last summer.

settign mist spf 45.pngcollagen.png

coconut cream.jpg51W0o80lqEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg85127ea1-f63d-403e-8b5a-1eb402365d7a_1.ea8369027d45f011a375a8932309c3a4.jpeg716JP-mSc2L._SL1500_.jpg
rosemary and mint.jpg

61H6dLlbnIL._SL1500_.jpg

Oooh noo The Luxe Kale was discontinued? ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’”

@CattyT3 I love that he is using the spf setting spray, any spf is better than nothing ๐ŸŒž 

PAC_KALE_SMOOTHIE_REFINING_LOTION_1000x.jpg

Sadly yes, this refining lotion is still sold but I'm assuming that the texture will be significantly thinner than for the detox cream even if it ends up having the same or super similar experience ingredients wise.

Spotted in the Wild! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฉท

I was out grocery shopping at Loblaws today and found 2 scattered Pacifica shelves around the beauty department.

Exciting! ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ˜„ Some of these items are even different from the items at my closest Shoppers. Woo hoo!

I think the displays were kind of sad looking, they needed some organizing and just sprucing up but I left them be.  Ahh, I really hope to see more and more available. 

I scoured around for thier nail polishes or deodorant wipes but I couldn't find anything else this trip. ๐Ÿค—

20230424_140716.jpg

โ€ƒ

20230424_140708.jpg

I've tried the Kake items before and I enjoyed them,  and fyi the Lavendar lotions smell so good! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

๐Ÿ more super recommendations for us still happy to shop in-store on the regular. a big Thank you- ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ™‚

I was so happy last year when our local Shoppers started carrying Pacifa. It was a total surprise and a great one ๐Ÿ˜„ I had no idea they were coming.

I only sporadically see them in Winners/Marshall's and it's fun,  you never know what will show up from the entire line. I've gotten some of the Rose Kambucha, and Luxe Kale that I remember really liking.

I was told by a lady working they might move the display? I'm hoping it means more shelf space and more products but that's just me being hopeful,

But here it is in all its glory ๐Ÿคฉ

20230401_145946.jpg

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฉท

@CynthieLu Neat! Yesterday I went to the Shoppers near my house and they had the same display. I looked at the resuable eye and forehead mask and thought of you. They have some really neat stuff. I am going to wait for a points promo to buy some stuff.

That's really good thinking @Mellmars1185. That's when I scored mine, yeahy for banked points ๐Ÿ™Œ ๐Ÿ˜‰

I just got back ups of them during the last points sale too ๐Ÿ˜‹ I think I mentioned this but the reusable masks are way cuter than the gel-ish looking ones I've worn lol

@CynthieLu That is good to know! I was looking at them. It says you can put your own serum on them. Do you have a favourite serum you use with them?

So you can do a bit of research on these types of products @Mellmars1185 but from what I've found-

You don't want to use ( or use with extreme caution) them on top of any strong actives. That could cause irritation or a bad reaction on your skin. So for example: On a night your using retinol, I wouldn't use these patches.

They stick to your skin pretty well but don't go crazy on the serums or moisturizer. I would let the moisturizer sink in a bit before you put these on so they don't slip or fall off.

You wash them with warm soapy water in the morning, air dry and they get thier stickiness back. Than pop them right back into the case on the sheet you pulled them off of.

I use a good moisturizer with the patches and my skin is more hydrated and plump when I take them off.

I like,

Pacifica's Wake Up Beautiful Mask

LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask 

LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL 

And my serums would just be

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  

Biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Acid Copper Peptide Rapid Plumping Serum 1.69 oz / 50 mL 

Or the one by the Ordinary ( The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + Copper Peptides 1% Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL )

Whatever you like best from your Skincare shelf. Ooh I tried it with Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 1... and that was soo nice ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry that was long! ๐Ÿ˜… I hope that was helpfull lol

@CynthieLu That was super helpful. Thank you! I wanted to pick them up when I saw them. I am currently working through INC.redible Party Recharge Hydrating Hyaluronic Under Eye Masks 20 pairs . That will gove me time to research and get through my current stash.

Wow, @CynthieLu !  The shelf space at my local Ulta is 1 1/2 of those shelves side by side.  Look at all that nail polish! ๐Ÿฅฒ  I don't know anywhere that has a display like that!  Sephora had a great display when they had a store brand.

@RGbrown 

There is a very few sephora nail polishes for sale on the site, I remember the old Sephora display for polish and the tools etc.. it was so awesome! @Titian06 I haven't thought of it in a looooong time.  Ooh the memories ๐Ÿฅฐ

I miss the Sephora nail polishes too, @Titian06 ๐Ÿ˜ข which were your faves? Their display was definitely bar none! (Again, cannot reply using the app!) But that sounds nice๐Ÿ’œ @Titian06 

@ionianblue - My fave Sephora color was Atomic A, a deep, dark purple.  I no longer have any Sephora colors from that time.

I have one bottle. It's a fun glittery topper. ๐Ÿ’– Do you have any @ionianblue ?

SEPHORA COLLECTION Color Hit Mini Nail Polish Firework 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 199 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos24
  • shoppers-assortment-e1643660961522.jpg
  • Screenshot_20230325_062945_Facebook.jpg
  • 20230325_064044.jpg
  • 20230325_064202.jpg
  • 20230325_064223.jpg